HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

And you think it's bad here !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: And you think it's bad here !   Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Thought some of you folks might like to see just how "bad" traffic laws can get compared to the lightwieght stuff we have over here Twisted Evil 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23619783
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: And you think it's bad here !   Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:10 pm

The sci-fi police state we all read about for years is quickly making its way to the present.
Back to top Go down
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: And you think it's bad here !   Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:25 am

I see no problem here, am I missing something?
You break the law, you suffer the circumstances. I make it a habit not to break the law.
Speeding is breaking the law. There is no good reason to speed that I can see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: And you think it's bad here !   Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:39 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
You break the law, you suffer the circumstances. I make it a habit not to break the law.
Try telling that to the Bubbas in their Pick-em-up trucks and dooleys around here. They drive like it's their god given right to do 60 in a 30 mph zone. SUV drivers are about the same as well !! But then as a friend told me, and he BELIEVED this, "... traffic rules are just GUIDELINES anyway " What a Face  Oh well Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: And you think it's bad here !   Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:47 am

Not a problem for me. I'm not going there but if I did someone else will be driving.Twisted Evil 

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: And you think it's bad here !   Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:29 pm

These programs aren't about speeding; they are about revenue. The world is copying those small Georgia town on US 41 before the interstates came along.  Speed traps -- pure and simple.

Chicago has them and "Red Light Cameras" that aren't set accurately and got helped when they turned down the amount of yellow allowed.

If there is something to admire it is that bad laws got us this nation.
Back to top Go down
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: And you think it's bad here !   Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:18 pm

JKenP wrote:
These programs aren't about speeding; they are about revenue. The world is copying those small Georgia town on US 41 before the interstates came along.  Speed traps -- pure and simple.

Chicago has them and "Red Light Cameras" that aren't set accurately and got helped when they turned down the amount of yellow allowed.

If there is something to admire it is that bad laws got us this nation.

Well played sir! Let people drive at whatever speed THEY think is reasonable and not be constrained by some kinda sissy government and their nazi police goons!

Live free & Die young! cheers

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: And you think it's bad here !   Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:41 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
Try telling that to the Bubbas in their Pick-em-up trucks and dooleys around here. They drive like it's their god given right to do 60 in a 30 mph zone. SUV drivers are about the same as well !! But then as a friend told me, and he BELIEVED this, "... traffic rules are just GUIDELINES anyway "  What a Face  Oh well Twisted Evil 
I hear you sir, I had to go through the Dallas area a couple of times about 6 months ago and those people aren't Texans by any stretch of the imagination. I'm a veteran OTR truck driver and I've never seen any ruder people on the highway as there are in the Dallas area, not even in California.
I use to live in Lakeworth which is just outside Fort Worth for those of you who don't know, back in 1980's and people were much more courteous but, nowadays your lucky if they wave before they run you over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: And you think it's bad here !   Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:02 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
Try telling that to the Bubbas in their Pick-em-up trucks and dooleys around here. They drive like it's their god given right to do 60 in a 30 mph zone. SUV drivers are about the same as well !! But then as a friend told me, and he BELIEVED this, "... traffic rules are just GUIDELINES anyway "  What a Face  Oh well Twisted Evil 
I hear you sir, I had to go through the Dallas area a couple of times about 6 months ago and those people aren't Texans by any stretch of the imagination. I'm a veteran OTR truck driver and I've never seen any ruder people on the highway as there are in the Dallas area, not even in California.
I use to live in Lakeworth which is just outside Fort Worth for those of you who don't know, back in 1980's and people were much more courteous but, nowadays your lucky if they wave before they run you over.
I will say, the drivers who live and drive in Tarrant County (Ft.Worth) are better than those that live and drive in Dallas County, but basically you take your life in your hands when driving down here. The only place I found worse were two others, and they both were outside the US, Mexico City for one and Paris France was the other. But hey, ya gotta die sometime Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

And you think it's bad here !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: