HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Time for a do over.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Draagha

Draagha

Registration date : 2013-07-02

Time for a do over. Empty
PostSubject: Time for a do over.   Time for a do over. EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 2:22 am

Howdy folks,

My project for the day was totally redoing the outside of my favorite smoker. I love the way this thing smokes but I wasn't diggin the finish. So I took it upon myself to fix that today.
Time for a do over. Img_2018

I love rustication but I did not want to ruin the integrity of the pipe too much by digging too far into it. So I did a light bit of line work with my dremmel, just trying to do something a bit tree like. this is what I came up with. the first go around. I have two colors of dye, black and dark red, and its really just dark pink.
Time for a do over. Img_2011
Time for a do over. Img_2012

It never turned out right so I sanded it all down and tried it one more time just using various degrees of diluted black dye. Finished it off with a series of micromesh pads and then some organic polish and a carnuba wax finish.  This is the finished result, and even though it doesn't look the greatest, I'm still pretty proud of it, it's just about what I was shooting for, just a bit darker but it's really starting to grow on me. I'm hoping the black on the back will fade a little more as it dries entirely, if not, oh well.
Time for a do over. Img_2017Time for a do over. Img_2014Time for a do over. Img_2015Time for a do over. Img_2016

Draagha pirat
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Time for a do over.   Time for a do over. EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:37 pm

I see nothing wrong with the way it turned out. cheers 

I do like it better that way than with the reddish tint.
Back to top Go down
Draagha

Draagha

Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Time for a do over.   Time for a do over. EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:47 pm

Yeah I really like the way it turned out now.

I'd like to just darken the black on the shank to the darkest I can or lighten it to match the bowl as well.

I can't decide though. scratch 
Back to top Go down

Time for a do over.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: