HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
scotties22

scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Empty
PostSubject: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Yes, I put this in the right heading Very Happy

A while back I sent BH a message asking him if he would be intested in trading me a knife for a pipe.  I have had the knife for a little over a month (Thanks, BH...she cuts like a beast and is pretty to boot Very Happy).  With one thing and another I finally got around to finsihing his pipe today.  So, here are some pictures of both.  I will let BH fill in the knife and block details as I don't remember them all and don't have the PM with all the info Laughing

The pipe is French briar with a Red Tortoise Lucite stem.

Bowl Height: 2.71"
Overall Height: 5.25"
Bowl: .75 x 2.30"
Weight:  Can't tell you.....my scale needs new batteries Laughing

Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Dscn3418
Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Dscn3417
Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Dscn3419

And now for the knife....

Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Dscn3512
Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Dscn3511
Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Dscn3510
Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Dscn3420

And now a few with them all together......

Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Dscn3514
Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Dscn3513
Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Dscn3422
Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Dscn3421

Sorry, I know some of the pictures are big....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ladybriar.com
jefe1037

jefe1037

Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 5:34 pm

you both have outdone yourself

beautiful pipe and knife. I dig them both.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 5:43 pm

BOTH are FANTASTIC examples of El Primo craftsmanship !! cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:00 pm

Ooh! I like RED. I agree both are very nice.
Would like to know what type of material the handle and block are made of (BH).
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/

PostSubject: Re: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:00 pm

Better dead than RED doesn't really apply to either.

Better send him a penny posthaste. That'll keep you from cutting yourself. I know that's an old wives' tale but...you know... Evil or Very Mad 

Excellent crafting by da' bot ayaz. So, excuse me -- off to practice walk and chew gum.

Unique rivets, BH. Amazing blade.

Lady, you got it figured out.
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:22 pm

That is nothing short then beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:29 pm

AWESOME!

Great finish on the Oom Paul, as well as the knife handle.

Love them!

cheers 

Cheers,

RR

Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Purple11x 3Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Bombx10Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Bombx10  Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy D6bddf10 Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Cowboy13Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Fatman

Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:30 pm

Great looking pipe and knife!
Back to top Go down
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 8:08 am

Double WOW!
Back to top Go down
millerman

millerman

Registration date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 8:46 am

Both are really cool. The handle on that knife is awesome. Sweet trade.
Back to top Go down
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:57 am

Gorgeous knife and holder, gorgeous pipe...WOW!!!

Pretty terrific looking dog in the background, also
Back to top Go down
scotties22

scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Thanks! That's Lucy my Jack Russel, she is 10 years old and still acts like a puppy......she was my first baby Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://www.ladybriar.com
dshpipes

dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Suhweet!

Dave and I did a swap a while back and I keep meaning to take pics of the knife he sent me. Freaking incredible work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dshpipes.com
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:37 pm

OMG!  Scottie...I thought you said it was going to be GREEN!

OK - kidding.  Ain't that just the sweetest looking beastie ya ever laid eyes on?  I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more cross grain birdseye (LOL) and the bowl ended up being a little shallow (LOL).  It's definetely gonna be my 'all day smoke' pipe.  One bowl...all day.

Seriously, without having had it in hand yet (Scottie CLAIMS it's in the mail) it is exactly what I was hoping for.  It looks like something Santa would use on December 25th, while nodding in front of the fireplace, relaxing in his big chair.

Cataphilus - the handle of the knife is stabilized Red Box Elder Burl.  I get it from the following source. After having such good experiences there I use Rob at his Bad Burl Dogs site exclusively for handle wood now.  And with very few exceptions (like when I can lay my greedy mitts on pieces of Desert Ironwood Burl) I only use stabilized wood (impregnated with acrylic resin) now.

http://www.burlsource.com/burls-knife-blanks-stabilized.html

I look for knife handle material under reel seats, both places that say knife scales and the pen blanks (great for small knives). An example of working with Rob is that just today I ordered KC111 I & J (Blue Masur Birch) along with other burl for a three knife commission.  If you go to the link above and scroll down the page to Photo 111 they're on the bottom right.  Masur Birch is THE wood that is used for Nordic style knives and these, well I'm just twisted enough that they were calling to me.  So when he sends me my copy of the bill it's for $16 less than I had calculated...and there's a note that the Birch had been incorrectly listed on the site for $8 more than it should have been and he made the correction when he noticed that on my order.  You know what that is...that's CHARACTER!  He's the real deal.

And while I'm at it...I had to laugh...I was doing a search under Nordic Knives for some details that I wanted to look at and guess whose knife is right there along with all the other images?  The one I made for Huberman!  Cool, but kinda scary.

So Huberman...to save you having to do it, and cause you're a generally good guy, here's the one I did for you:

Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy DSCN1423

And while I'm at it (since Scottie got to put in more photos than me on this deal) here's one of the knife I did for 't.a.harris', yet another great pipe maker on this site, shown because all three of these knives were bartered.  Great pipes for OK knives.

Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy DSCN1399

Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy D6bddf10Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy 29400910Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy 114e6110Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Ddb39b10Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Cf77ce10Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Dd692012Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Those knives are slap in the face gorgeous.

Blackhorse...you do some of the best work I've ever seen....really top of the mark!
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:23 am

Blackhorse wrote:
So Huberman...to save you having to do it, and cause you're a generally good guy, here's the one I did for you:

Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy DSCN1423
Whew! Thanks, Dave. I was really worried I might have to lift a finger. Laughing 

You're far too modest. The knife you made me is one of the best knives I've ever held/used.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dshpipes.com
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:26 am

Hey, I had my photobucket page open anyway, so it just took a second. 

And thanks, all y'all re being so kind about my humble efforts. 

HEY!  I am TOO humble! I am TOTALLY humble. Open the dictionary to the word 'humble' and there's my picture. No, you don't smell paste...and um, watch out for those scissors by the way.

Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy D6bddf10Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy 29400910Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy 114e6110Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Ddb39b10Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Cf77ce10Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Dd692012Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:41 am

Wow those are all absolutely beautiful! I am amazed at the talent and generosity here. You guys give me hope that the world isn't a complete waste.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy   Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:34 pm

The box with Scottie's pipe arrived today. Easily, the pics don't do it justice.

Back to top Go down

Blackhorse & Piersel Pipes Knife/Pipe Swap-- Pic Heavy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: