HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
www flt

Registration date : 2014-12-28

PostSubject: collect   Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:30 pm

i collect beer labels. I have two nearly full scrapbook/binders full.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beardedbassguy

Registration date : 2014-11-05

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:20 pm

Hmmm.

I used to "collect" Bass guitars and gear. But since I'm not playing 500 sets a year anymore I sold mostly everything except some necessities.

Same with guns and ammo. Sold the extras, kept what I considered the necessities.

Video games don't count, as I only keep what I play currently.

Jeep parts? Doesn't count as you are always having to use them, and they break.

So, I don't think I really collect things. I keep things that are from special events or special memories, but they don't follow a certain theme or genre.

My wife will tell you I collect tables. We have about 20 different tables.... coffee, end, dining, sewing, anything you could imagine. Why? At the time we needed that table for a reason. And it's become a running joke. And I may just like tables.

I need a barn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:40 pm

I have to update my list to include fountain pens now 5) Though, I am going to have to pair down on collecting things. I think that computer parts are first, and then truck parts are next. I have two parts trucks that I need to get rid of to clean up the yard. My wife says it looks like a junkyard out there with the parts trucks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://d4klutz.blogspot.com
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:01 pm

TMacphersonNH wrote:
I come from a whisky family in Scotland so I collect private bottled single malt whisky. After I moved to the States i decided to collect and share with my friends. Each quarter we do a tasting of 5 bottles and I usually send them home with guests. I have about 550 bottles.

A man after my own heart! I used to live and work in the Highlands and whilst there decided that it was only right that I did some serious research into single malts. Got to know the areas quite well; Speyside, highlands, lowlands and of course the islands. My all time favourite is Lagavulin which fortunately Santa deemed me worthy of having another bottle for Christmas. As it happens I have a glass of 12 yr old Glenlivet sat next to me right now! Pip pip!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:28 pm

Since I just retired, I plan to collect dust.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:34 pm

pepesdad1 wrote:
Since I just retired, I plan to collect dust.

See'en the old woman around here doesn't do it and my back doesn't allow it much anymore,
Dusting that is, I'm way ahead of you on that collection sir.
I tried collecting Farts but every time I'd try to add one to the collection the other one would escape from the jar. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:22 pm

I have 5 guitars, collect baseball/sports cards, Christmas ornaments, and fishing gear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:31 pm

Well I guess I never officially considered the drums that I own a collection, as they all get used either for recording, rehearsals or live performances but I guess looking at my inventory I do collect drums. I prefer non-pristine American made drums from the late 60's to early 70's (post Ringo craze) that are well played but still have lots of life.

I also collect garden gnomes, strangely enough. But I have higher standards in garden gnomes than I do drums.. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:12 am

For about 30+ years I collected fountain pens, Parker 51's and Vacumatics and post war German pens. Then about 10 years ago they became an "in thing" to collect and prices went off the scale with pens that earlier would have been given away for parts bringing nearly mint condition prices now. But with a collection of over 200 pens it was about time to end anyway ! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Now I just collect Social Security and aches n pains in my bones !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:51 am

Happy memories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Do broken noses count? If so I'm up to 8!

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:01 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
Do broken noses count? If so I'm up to 8!

Jim

I've got one..........and I never let her hit me again.
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:03 pm

Some sound advice.........stay out of arms reach! Wish it was that easy but alas no. Most of mine were from sparring. Never was very quick on my feet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:29 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
Some sound advice.........stay out of arms reach! Wish it was that easy but alas no. Most of mine were from sparring. Never was very quick on my feet.

Ya gotta remember to keep your head down and fists up, I only forgot once.
Back to top Go down
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 am

Knives, some small, pocket and larger. Old tools also. I find them at yard sales and sometimes at work. I drive a garbage truck in well to do areas and find all sorts of old tools and knives people are tossing. I like to clean the rust off them and put them back to work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lb

Registration date : 2011-10-30

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:53 pm

I collect tobacco labels in general ( pouches and paper tin label , cigar labels , cigar bands, etc.).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lysander

Registration date : 2014-11-15

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:57 pm

High end vintage side-by-side shotguns. Well, truthfully I don't collect these, but I'd like to. It's just that they're price prohibitive. I do have a couple of nice side-by-sides, just not of the vintage and grade that I'd prefer.

Now that I'm starting to accumulate a few pipes, price is an aspect that I'm appreciating. Unlike with the best shotguns which can run $50K and up, I'm finding that high quality vintage pipes can be affordable.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
stapf

Registration date : 2014-10-23

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES   Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:56 pm

Right now I'm only collecting pipes and Doctor Who (classic series) dvd's, but I have nearly the entire run of Doctor Who now so who knows what is next.

I still have my record collection. Mostly 80's and 90's punk, hardcore, and metal with a good bit of 00's stoner rock and noise and some 70's psyche.

I still have some of my modular synth collection. Collecting modules was more expensive than pipes even when I learned to build my own. Played out in the local noise scene until I got married. Sold most of the modules I didn't build myself and all of my guitars, effects and most amplifiers when we seperated and I nearly lost the house.

Maybe I'll start collecting ex wives. Talk about expensive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

WHAT DO YOU COLLECT OTHER THEN TOBACCO & PIPES
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: