HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 What a birthday gift

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Briar Spirit

avatar

Age : 49
Location : England UK
Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: What a birthday gift   Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:32 pm

I just had the most scrummy email of my life, a very dear friend of mine who wishes to remain nameless has told me to expect a delivery later today, I really was gob smacked when I got his message, this is absolutely mind blowing AWESOME, I am getting the Axminster Bench Drill Press I wanted to get, and I'm getting it as a birthday present, and there was me feeling all sorry for myself earlier because I didn't get any pressies, yeah I know, stop whining ya big girly, well I aint whining now, this is the most amazing news, I feel like a little kid expecting santa or something,

WOOOHOOO, I'm getting a drill press

it's really going to happen, I'm going to be able to drill my own pipes instead of relying on other people, oh boy, this is superbly awesomely fantastic, I am so happy I could cry. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

avatar

Age : 55
Location : Alaska
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:34 pm

What a great gift! Congratulations cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draagha

avatar

Age : 26
Location : Merritt Island, FL
Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Congrats, brother!

Hope it serves you well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:52 pm

Kirk Fitzgerald wrote:
I just had the most scrummy email of my life, a very dear friend of mine who wishes to remain nameless has told me to expect a delivery later today, I really was gob smacked when I got his message, this is absolutely mind blowing AWESOME, I am getting the Axminster Bench Drill Press I wanted to get, and I'm getting it as a birthday present, and there was me feeling all sorry for myself earlier because I didn't get any pressies, yeah I know, stop whining ya big girly, well I aint whining now, this is the most amazing news, I feel like a little kid expecting santa or something,

WOOOHOOO, I'm getting a drill press

it's really going to happen, I'm going to be able to drill my own pipes instead of relying on other people, oh boy, this is superbly awesomely fantastic, I am so happy I could cry. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
Well make sure you've wiped the tears from your eyes BEFORE you drill the bowl/air hole !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  This couldn't have happened to a more deserving person! Always remember what Mick said: "... you don't always get whet you want, but you get what you NEED " Razz 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Whatta great pressie right there an' no mistake.

Cool 


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
mark
Admin
avatar

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:42 pm

Helluva birthday present Kirk. Congratulations and kudos to the anonymous santa.

_________________
.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:20 pm

That was very generous, I hope it serves you well sir.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Hawker

avatar

Age : 52
Location : Alberta
Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:39 am

Congrats Kirk. Pipe making world look out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

avatar

Age : 49
Location : England UK
Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:55 am

Thanks guys, I feel all happy and excited, I aint never had such a lavish birthday gift bestowed upon me, I'm going to really enjoy using it, I can feel it in me bones. cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

avatar

Age : 49
Location : England UK
Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:37 am

Blimey, it's HERE cheers cheers  , it's HUGE, I am going to spend some time setting this up later today, oh boy it's HEAVY, I can't believe it's really here and so early, it all begins today, beware fellow pipesters, I'm going to be drilling Briar soon, scary concept eh, me being let loose on Briar properly, mwahahahaha.. cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

avatar

Age : 52
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:52 am

Congrats Kirk, that drill press will come in handy in helping you craft some precision briar pipes! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

avatar

Age : 62
Location : Piedmont, North Carolina
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:32 am

I have a feeling that any number of pipes will now come from the hands of your amped toolbox. Congratulations and happy birthday!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

avatar

Age : 44
Location : Park Hills, MO
Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:09 am

So shut up and start drilling briar already. Cool 



Congrats, Kirk, on the fantastic gift! cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:35 am

WTG
Back to top Go down
RonA3597

avatar

Age : 68
Location : Lawrenceville, GA
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:03 am

That's way cool for you and for the gifter. cheers cheers cheers 

To paraphrase:

DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching a briar block out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, splatting it against the freshly-stained pipes you were drying.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

avatar

Age : 38
Location : PA
Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:10 am

Kirk Fitzgerald wrote:
Blimey, it's HERE cheers cheers  , it's HUGE, I am going to spend some time setting this up later today, oh boy it's HEAVY, I can't believe it's really here and so early, it all begins today, beware fellow pipesters, I'm going to be drilling Briar soon, scary concept eh, me being let loose on Briar properly, mwahahahaha.. cheers cheers cheers 
I'm eagerly anticipating some beautiful briar. When you get a moment, lets see some pictures of this thing!

And p.s. as a big girly myself, I take offense to your whining like one! Razz I'm just teasin' you dahling.


Last edited by Briarbabe on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com
Hiram-2011

avatar

Age : 39
Location : Illinois
Registration date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:11 am

That's an awesome gift that I'm sure you will put to great use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PozzSka

avatar

Age : 34
Location : Valley City, OH
Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:23 am

RonA3597 wrote:
That's way cool for you and for the gifter.  cheers cheers cheers 

To paraphrase:

DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching a briar block out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, splatting it against the freshly-stained pipes you were drying.



haha!

What a generous gift! Put it to good use Kirk!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
i.keenum

avatar

Age : 27
Location : coast of mississippi
Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:52 pm

Gratz Kirk glad to see you catching a break brother! Hope it brings many fine pipes from your hand in the future. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
huffelpuff

avatar

Age : 47
Location : Laramie, WY
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:21 pm

What a break for you Kirk! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait for you to get it up and running

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

avatar

Age : 74
Location : Tallahassee, Florida
Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: What a birthday gift   Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Briar Spirit Pipes is gathering the needed cosmic energy...the brotherhood of pipe smokers, regardless of forum, is strong...with strong character, it embraces a unique love of humanity, a closeness...through the ether.

Proud to be here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

avatar

Age : 49
Location : England UK
Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What a birthday gift   Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:20 am

Briarbabe wrote:
I'm eagerly anticipating some beautiful briar. When you get a moment, lets see some pictures of this thing!

And p.s. as a big girly myself, I take offense to your whining like one! :PI'm just teasin' you dahling.
No batteries for my camera right now but you can see the monster here: http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-axminster-awbrd550-bench-radial-drill-prod719353/ it's a big a baby boy!!!

I don't mind a good tease from time to time, good for the soul, just don't do it too often or I'll set Kyle on ya. lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
What a birthday gift
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Please help us get to her first birthday!!! Blessing needs milk soon!
» Please help us get to her first birthday!!! Blessing needs milk soon!
» its now maddies 10th birthday here in australia leave your birthday messages
» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOXIC :)
» 80 Quilled Gift Tags

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: