HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Tobacco and my ups and downs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MC

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Tobacco and my ups and downs   Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Funny how life and tobacco seem to go together. Been away from my pipes for a couple months, never really thought about them. I finally picked one up yesterday and packed a bowl of some flake by the name of Black Woods. The tin was opened 4 months ago however, it was put in a Mason jar, so still nice and moist.

OMG

I guess while my pipes and tobacco were resting waiting for me to return there was a transformation........the tobacco tastes unbelievably better than I remember and the pipes smokes like I paid 5 times as much for it. Now, i'm not saying that some unknown force had something to-do with this but.......perhaps the tobacco gods strikes again.

Oh, I packed is a Duca Carlo Bent Dublin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco and my ups and downs   Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:14 pm

There's aerobic and anaerobic activity that affects tobacco. When that tin is sealed airtight and sitting on the shelf for years aging, little microbes are going to work on the tobacco, eating oxygen and expelling CO2. Everyone loves tobacco that has aged in the tin, and for good reason. Just as important is the outgassing and reintroduction of oxygen to a freshly opened tin of tobacco, and a resting period in a sealed container. A few weeks to few months rest in a jar can do amazing things to pipe tobacco, especially after a long nap in it's original tin.

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco and my ups and downs   Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:30 pm

When you start with one of the BEST Va Flakes blended, time only makes it BETTER !! Razz 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco and my ups and downs   Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:34 am

FWIW, I found that Blackwoods Flake doesn't even need that long. Just two weeks after cracking the seal and she really starts to sing. One of my absolute favorites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tobacco and my ups and downs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1