CAVALIER ESTATE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Just picked this up awhile ago today for pretty cheap I think and and waiting for it's delivery. I have a little collection of Cavaliers about 14 I think and I got this one so I can finally see how these smoke. I don't believe it's anything special, just a London made pipe but, will know once I get it. It looks clean and the seller said it only been smoked a few times and there are no teeth marks. It outta clean up real nice. As far as smoking I've heard there not grand but, we'll see.

CAVALIER ESTATE KGrHqVHJCUFH6sBBMnBSF-lYG0i60_57
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 8:43 pm

You're really in to appendages. Wink

The man bought a pipe he can smoke; wonders never cease around here.

Interesting, pretty pipe.
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 8:43 pm

Let's see here, Ron:  Bandsaw, files, various grades of sandpaper, stain, wax, no problem.  Should be an easy fix.  CAVALIER ESTATE 710492
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 8:50 pm

JKenP wrote:
You're really in to appendages. Wink 

The man bought a pipe he can smoke; wonders never cease around here.

Interesting, pretty pipe.
That's the difference between a collector and just a smoker of pipes. I do both, I reckon that means I'm ambidextrous.
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 8:51 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Let's see here, Ron:  Bandsaw, files, various grades of sandpaper, stain, wax, no problem.  Should be an easy fix.  CAVALIER ESTATE 710492
Another funny man eh Rob!5) 
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Nice Cav! I'm not sure why I like these style pipes, but I do! cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 8:56 pm

Honestly Ron, that's a fine looking pipe.  While I never got into the Cavaliers myself, I think they are quite interesting and unique.  

Hope it performs well for ya, Brother. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Thanks guys, Oh! you too Rob.
I just like the way there shaped and there just different.
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 3:04 am

What a gorgeously unpretentious pipe Ron, I can see why you went for that one for sure and it's one you intend smoking, every thing's coming up roses mate, good on ya Buddy.
Back to top Go down
AJ

AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 3:53 am

It's a great pipe Ron. Knowing what you paid for it makes a super pipe. There was a time a few months back that I was finding deals like that then something happened...you started grabbing my pipes. Twisted Evil Enjoy your pipe brother. I'd rather one of the our fellow members end up with it than somebody that hasn't yet demonstrated his good sense and joined with us. Evil or Very Mad 

AJ
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:35 am

Thank you Kirk and AJ!
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:11 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
Just picked this up awhile ago today for pretty cheap I think and and waiting for it's delivery. I have a little collection of Cavaliers about 14 I think and I got this one so I can finally see how these smoke. I don't believe it's anything special, just a London made pipe but, will know once I get it. It looks clean and the seller said it only been smoked a few times and there are no teeth marks. It outta clean up real nice. As far as smoking I've heard there not grand but, we'll see.

CAVALIER ESTATE KGrHqVHJCUFH6sBBMnBSF-lYG0i60_57
Though it's not a shape I have ever thought about getting an example of, THAT one does appeal to me! Nice and simple and well proportioned as well as looking to be a nice piece of briar. Does that bottom "finial" (for want of the actual name of it) piece remove and is it drilled through to the airway drilling? Does it act as a sort of "faux system" pipe ?
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 3:35 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:

Though it's not a shape I have ever thought about getting an example of, THAT one does appeal to me! Nice and simple and well proportioned as well as looking to be a nice piece of briar. Does that bottom "finial" (for want of the actual name of it) piece remove and is it drilled through to the airway drilling? Does it act as a sort of "faux system" pipe ?
Not having the pipe in my hand all I can say is they are generally drill all the way through and the stopper removes so as to clean the draft and the bowl intersects it. A lot of slobber can collect in bottom of one like a bugle I imagine.
Back to top Go down

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 3:43 pm

You being handy, you might upgrade the pipe a bit to be like those old German ones they flog on ebay.  Maybe paint a forest scene on it.  Of course, you'll need a metal cover but I bet you could fashion one out of a nice, shiny tin can lid.  Can't wait to see what you can come up with.  I bet it'll upgrade to looking almost as good as one of those gems.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 3:47 pm

JKenP wrote:
You being handy, you might upgrade the pipe a bit to be like those old German ones they flog on ebay.  Maybe paint a forest scene on it.  Of course, you'll need a metal cover but I bet you could fashion one out of a nice, shiny tin can lid.  Can't wait to see what you can come up with.  I bet it'll upgrade to looking almost as good as one of those gems.
Rolling Eyes
I pass sir, I'll keep her just the way she was intended.
Besides,I haven't the skill you think I have even if I wanted.
Back to top Go down

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 3:55 pm

I was kidding. Honest! Those things are one giant step below a broken Cuckoo clock
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

CAVALIER ESTATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAVALIER ESTATE   CAVALIER ESTATE EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 4:02 pm

JKenP wrote:
I was kidding.  Honest!  Those things are one giant step below a broken Cuckoo clock
Never really know some times when people are kidding or not unless I can see there eyes.
There not one of my favorite either. Porcelain ones can be nice but, that's where that ends.
Back to top Go down

CAVALIER ESTATE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: