HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Moon Rock Dublin - Io

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dshpipes

dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

Moon Rock Dublin - Io Empty
PostSubject: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 12:23 pm

Hey guys,

This one is a commission, so it is also not for sale. I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out so I wanted to share.

Moon Rock Dublin - Io 4UxPu3tl
Moon Rock Dublin - Io OQdFb0Ol
Moon Rock Dublin - Io MqZtlI2lMoon Rock Dublin - Io PvdBImMl
Moon Rock Dublin - Io WjSoY5blMoon Rock Dublin - Io Fi6JC88l
Moon Rock Dublin - Io ZjAt4Yrl
Moon Rock Dublin - Io EVAoyQEl
Moon Rock Dublin - Io NctEux2l
Moon Rock Dublin - Io 0IrwFWnl
Moon Rock Dublin - Io P752N2Ml

Edit: Added photos.

Last edited by UberHuberMan on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.dshpipes.com
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 12:28 pm

Absolutely fantastic work Buddy, how on earth did you get the birdseye top so shiny, doesn't matter how hard I try I can never get a bowl to shine like that, stunning pipe, one very proud owner that'll be going to, bravo. cheers 
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:01 pm

Briar Spirit wrote:
Absolutely fantastic work Buddy, how on earth did you get the birdseye top so shiny, doesn't matter how hard I try I can never get a bowl to shine like that, stunning pipe, one very proud owner that'll be going to, bravo. cheers 
The BIG question to ask is : HOW DID YOU DO THE CRATERS? I'm AMAZED at what you've done Twisted Evil DAMN!!!cheers 
Back to top Go down
Bobostro61

Bobostro61

Registration date : 2012-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 2:16 pm

HOLY F-ING COW!!! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING! AWESOME JOB!

I too want to know how you did the craters. That's really cool. Please, do tell!

Once again, thoroughly impressed by your work. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
AJ

AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 2:24 pm

Whoa! This is way too cool. Man I like that. How in the world did you accomplish it? One of the most unique finishes I've ever seen on a pipe. cheers bounce cheers 

AJ
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 3:43 pm

One beautiful pipe sir, it looks like you actually boiled the surface of the briar to make it bubble...................or shot it across the room with a .22. No really, beautiful pipe and some fine work to say the least.
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Moon Rock Dublin   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:38 pm

Great looking pipe!  love the rim.
Back to top Go down
Tate

Tate

Registration date : 2013-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:39 pm

It isn't often these days that I see something truly novel, but here you have it, something completely unique in my experience. Excellently executed. Good work!
Back to top Go down
http://sundownersailsagain.com
glpease
Dark Lord
glpease

Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:50 pm

David, that's extraterrestrially cool. Amazing work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.glpease.com
Fatman

Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:00 pm

That pipe is stunning, I can't imagine what it took to make it!
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 11:42 pm

David, that is certainly a very cool concept, and I agree with the other brothers that the moon surface carving is very unique. cheers cheers cheers 

Only thing I would have changed, is that I would have stained the briar a silver or grey, and given it a black stem.
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:15 am

Thank you for the kind words everyone.

Dutch, to understand the color palate it might help to know that this pipe's code-name is Io.

Moon Rock Dublin - Io Jupiter-039-s-moon-io_1024x768
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:24 am

UberHuberMan wrote:

Dutch, to understand the color palate it might help to know that this pipe's code-name is Io.

Thanks for the education David! In that case, she is the ideal color! Cool 
Back to top Go down
AJ

AJ

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:36 am

UberHuberMan wrote:

The color and name match my finances. In the red and Io. Mad 

You gonna reveal a trade secret and tell us how you did it? Inquiring minds want to know. 5) 

AJ
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 7:58 am

ajn27511 wrote:
You gonna reveal a trade secret and tell us how you did it? Inquiring minds want to know. 5) 

AJ
Just a dremel, a lot of time, and plenty of patience. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ocelot55

Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:58 am

UberHuberMan wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:

AJ
David! Shame on you! No lying! Everyone knows that you actually launch a piece of briar into orbit and subject the stummel to hundreds of tiny micro-comets. Huummph! Dremel indeed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jonespipes.com
AJ

AJ

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:00 am

UberHuberMan wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:

AJ
I'm so intrigued by the finish. I keep coming back to this thread and admiring it. It's great to see a new twist on an old concept (Rustication). New and original is hard to come by these days. Can't say enough about it and how impressed I am. It's hard to imagine the time it took to accomplish that work of art. Thanks for sharing the fruits of your labor with us. Smile 

AJ
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:36 pm

Ocelot55 wrote:
UberHuberMan wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:

AJ
David! Shame on you! No lying! Everyone knows that you actually launch a piece of briar into orbit and subject the stummel to hundreds of tiny micro-comets. Huummph! Dremel indeed!
Jeez, Jessie. A guys tries to keep a few secrets... Wink
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:37 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
UberHuberMan wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:

AJ
I'm so intrigued by the finish. I keep coming back to this thread and admiring it. It's great to see a new twist on an old concept (Rustication). New and original is hard to come by these days. Can't say enough about it and how impressed I am. It's hard to imagine the time it took to accomplish that work of art. Thanks for sharing the fruits of your labor with us. Smile 

AJ
That's quite a compliment and I am honored by it. Thanks a lot, AJ.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 3:38 pm

That's freakin' absurd, Dave, I LOVE IT. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If a pipe can be classy AND planetary, the sci-fi nerds (like me) are gonna jaw-drop and require more of this!!!!!!!!!

Cool
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Moon Rock Dublin - Io   Moon Rock Dublin - Io EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 8:13 pm

Ummm.......hummmm.......all I got is WOW! Can't begin to imagine the time that took. Hats off to you sir for a truly unique finish.

Jim
Back to top Go down

Moon Rock Dublin - Io
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: