HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:47 pm

There is a clown that goes by the name of "Kyle Black" who claims to be a "High Speed Marine". He has been ripping off members of the pipe community for at least three years now. He ripped off a huge "box pass" on another forum and used the excuse that he was being deployed "on a secret mission" and he would make good once he got back.....pfftttt that never happened.

Fast forward to last week, I noticed a seller on E-Bay using the name "Kyle Black" selling these items: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Larry-Roush-Rusticated-Gr-7-Cutty-/171115567051?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESINDXX%3AIT&nma=true&si=%252F1moi0QbGKfTRYpvbCf9Bq5EFZ4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

---and---

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drucquers-and-Sons-LTd-XX-Press-Sealed-tin-1981-8oz-/171115549200?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESINDXX%3AIT&nma=true&si=%252F1moi0QbGKfTRYpvbCf9Bq5EFZ4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Well.....it turns out that the tin of Drucquers was stolen from MARTY PULVER and the Roush pipe was apparently stolen from LARRY ROUSH! "Mr. Black" scammed them and tried to sell the items on E-Bay!!! If yoy bought anything from "KYLE BLACK", YOU HAVE PURCHASED STOLEN MERCHANDISE!!!! (If he even sent it to you. His M.O. is rip offs on both ends of a transaction!)

Please read what Marty just posted on his site:

SELLER'S BEWARE!!!! of MR. BLACK

Posted by Marty Pulvers of PulversBriar.com
Good Info to Share & Share.

Sept 1, 2013,

Our hobby seems to be suffering from a minor infestation, and if so,
its name is Kyle Black. Kyle Black has apparently scammed, or attempted to scam, a number of people in the hobby, and the way
he works is simple. He faithfully completes a transaction with each
one of his marks, thus establishing trust.
This is easy to do because we are basically a trusting lot, & with
good reason; we rarely have a scoundrel among us.
After this successful transaction, Kyle Black (and he has used his
father, Hallard Black, as a straw man in at least
one transaction) initiates another transaction, getting the victim to
send the pipe, or tobacco, to him before Kyle sends his promised
money, or pipe(s) as trade. At this point, Kyle does not complete his
end of the deal. The victim is left without any compensation. In my
case, I sent 4 tins of 100 gram size of a Drucquer's tobacco, one of
which, at least, is now for sale on eBay, which means that whoever
buys it is buying stolen merchandise.
Among his victims, or proposed victims, are: myself, Rodrigo
Garza of Treasure Pipes, Larry Roush, Dan Benson, a customer
of mine and Larry's and others that I know about, but who's
consent to use their names I haven't received yet.
In order to prevent his successful use of an alias, Kyle
Black functions out of the Houston Texas area, which I
suspect includes League City, TX, the address I have for him.
It might be wise to skip any business opportunities with Kyle
Black.
Marty

If anyone on this board has done business with "KYLE BLACK" from Texas, please PM me ASAP!!! I am looking into fixing this guy once and for all. He has stepped into the realm of Federal charges. He done messed up this time.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:09 pm

DP...Beat me to it!!!! Just read Marty's board. Evil or Very Mad Scumbag!!!!! FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:12 pm

Great tip on this ass clown thank you.
Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
DoverPipes

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Post this far and wide!
Make sure everybody knows about this assclown!!!
Time to fix the problem...............
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:25 pm

It is my considered opinion that he needs a broken beer bottle rammed up his butt then it should be slammed with a 100 pound bag of concrete.
Evil or Very Mad bounce  Evil or Very Mad bounce  Evil or Very Mad bounce  Evil or Very Mad bounce  Evil or Very Mad bounce Evil or Very Mad 

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:34 pm

I can't tell you the number of times I've shipped product before being paid or vice versa. I haven't been taken yet, but with someone such as Black, I easily could have.

But what's the point of being cautious when you've known the member for years by reading his posts. I guess the point about Black is that one successful transaction doesn't make someone trustworthy.

Thanks for getting on this DP.
Back to top Go down
DoverPipes

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:40 pm

My inbox is blowing up!
This guy has done quite a bit of damage in our little community!
Keep the info coming. The more that I have, the stronger the case will be for the Postal Inspectors!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:56 pm

I'm glad people are stepping forward.

Small communities are trusting, and also, small enough to find rats on the ship and get rid of 'em.

I hope it all works out for everyone who got taken. His tarnishing the name "Kyle" is reason enough for me. Laughing Go get him!

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:26 pm

Has Marty and Larry called the authorities? I'd think ebay would have an obligation to turn over mr Blacks adress to the local police for recovery of stolen property.

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:09 pm

Not this blasted guy 'again', makes ya nervous about sending stuff off prior to getting your end of the deal, which I do quite often, not so sure it's a good idea any more, this guy could be here under any darn user name or on any board, damn, I hate unethical people, they really piss me off, sorry for cussing but they really do make me mad as hell. I hope he gets nailed to the wall at long last, dastardly scoundrel, puts a black mark on the name of all pipers and that just plain sucks. Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:58 pm

He almost got me in December, I reported it here and on the PipesMagazine forum:
http://www.brothersofbriar.com/t21458-kyle-black-bad-trader?highlight=kyle+black

I got my pipe back, but I guess he hasn't mended his ways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whitepony1986

Registration date : 2013-07-28

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:03 pm

this is horrible my heart goes out to the brothers who were ripped off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:28 pm

There are scum bag cowardly thieves like this one all over eBay and I've had my dealings with a few. I remember one in particular that restored antique electric fans (sadly I might add) that ripped off a fellow club member for around, and this aint no lie $10,000. He was never arrested or any charges ever brought up on him. After several attempts at changing his user name they finally throw him off of eBay. Sadly eBay doesn't want to be involved and won't really do anything. I hope for everyone's sake involved this one doesn't get away.
And this is just my opinion but, if I had anything to do with law making, it be the death penalty for many criminals like this and they wouldn't have to sit on death row any longer then a few days, saving us tax payers millions of dollars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:41 pm

Bummer. I rarely deal on eBay with exception of a few aged tins here and there from trusted retailers like 4noggin's consignment store.

Nonetheless, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully this chump gets what's coming to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:42 pm

The best we can do is post his name and our dealings with him on the usual pipe boards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:59 pm

riff raff wrote:
The best we can do is post his name and our dealings with him on the usual pipe boards.  
Postal Inspectors take mail fraud VERY seriously. Especially when stolen goods are involved.........Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tate

Registration date : 2013-08-26

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:04 am

I have no experience with this Kyle Black but I recently got burned by someone else, and it is no fun. Not only are you out the goods and money, but it drains your goodwill and faith in people. It robs you of your want to trade with others, and perhaps that is the saddest thing that can be stolen.

I hope the postal inspectors burn this guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sundownersailsagain.com
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:28 am

I had a guy contact me about a month ago here on the BoB forums using the name Michael Fulton (aka Texican), asking me if I wanted to make a trade on tobaccos. When I checked his post count, he was newly registered with 7 posts, so I decided to wait until I received his mailing before I sent out mine.

Sure enough, a week later nothing had arrived. When I messaged him, he claimed there was a mixup at the post office, and that he would again try to mail the package. Once I got Blackhorse involved, the guy disappeared and I haven't seen him since.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck..........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:45 am

DoverPipes wrote:
riff raff wrote:
Postal Inspectors take mail fraud VERY seriously. Especially when stolen goods are involved.........Twisted Evil 
That is my point, I may not be 100% up to date, but I don't believe they would consider these goods "stolen" (and doubt there is any proof they were).  I sent my pipe to Kyle willingly, expecting another pipe in trade.  I can hear my local Post Master now:  "so, you sent this guy who you only know from a pipe forum a $200 pipe and expected that he would send you back something similar?".  I suspect the only thing the Post Office would give me would be a giant pile of request letters from a banished Prince in Nigeria who needs help.  

I'm going to the Post Office today, to mail some items.  I'll ask just to see how they react to this scenario.  I'll report back.

I believe, from what I've read that Mike did the same, sending goods, and expecting payment.  The way I read it, there was only a phone call between them, no written sales agreement, etc.  

In other words Kyle's word vs. anyone else.  

I bet describing this incident to the Post Office or Police gets a big "sorry, we can't help you".  
And most likely the reason he keeps doing his dastardly deeds, it's quite easy to get away with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:08 am

riff raff wrote:
DoverPipes wrote:
riff raff wrote:
That is my point, I may not be 100% up to date, but I don't believe they would consider these goods "stolen" (and doubt there is any proof they were).  I sent my pipe to Kyle willingly, expecting another pipe in trade.  I can hear my local Post Master now:  "so, you sent this guy who you only know from a pipe forum a $200 pipe and expected that he would send you back something similar?".  I suspect the only thing the Post Office would give me would be a giant pile of request letters from a banished Prince in Nigeria who needs help.  

I'm going to the Post Office today, to mail some items.  I'll ask just to see how they react to this scenario.  I'll report back.

I believe, from what I've read that Mike did the same, sending goods, and expecting payment.  The way I read it, there was only a phone call between them, no written sales agreement, etc.  

In other words Kyle's word vs. anyone else.  

I bet describing this incident to the Post Office or Police gets a big "sorry, we can't help you".  
And most likely the reason he keeps doing his dastardly deeds, it's quite easy to get away with it.
True to a point. The items were sent "in good faith" and the sender wasn't compensated for the goods. The receiver takes said goods and attempts to re-sell them once again, without compensating the original sender. Sounds like fraud to me. If the original sender reported to E-Bay that these items were obtained through fraud, I'm pretty sure they'd want to end any transactions that involved "questionable merchandise". I have advised those that have been ripped off to file Police reports in their local jurisdictions. If they don't follow through with the law, you will be correct in your statement. Their word against "Mr. Asshat Black"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:42 am

I spoke with my local postmaster (who I know). After first describing a pipe forum trade, he did ask me if I was nuts.....
In this transaction, he didnt think there was anything the PO could do to investigate (nor did he think they would have any interest).
Sadly, a pipe forum trade transaction is a leap of faith that I have learned to complete only with trusted members with good track records.
Perhaps Mike or Tony S have stronger cases to persue legal action, I sure hope so. Sadly they will no doubt spend more in legal fees than the goods were worth.
It sure would be tempting to have a group of Texan pipe fans look up the whereabouts of Kyle and pay him a visit at his place of work, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ITSETTLE

Registration date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:24 pm

What a JAG OFF! I seriously doubt this clown ever served in the Corps. I am a veteran and this bothers me that he has no EFFIN Morals!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aristokles

Registration date : 2010-10-02

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:41 pm

I would think "Obtaining goods under false pretenses" would be sufficient grounds for prosecution, the subsequent offer to sell these goods supporting the case if not actually actionable itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:57 pm

Don't arrest this sorry SOB he should be tarred & feathered. Justice is never done to the proper extent when dealing with scum like this.
I've been burnt once myself and it's a real disapointment in humanity. I had a guy from California who heard of my leather work thru word of mouth and ordered a archery quiver of course with all the bells and whistles beaver trim, wet formed pocket, fully stamped with a sheep horn handle knife mounted on it that i paid a friend to make. He payed me a $50.00 dollar deposit at the shoot and I made sent it to him letting him know how much shipping came to. Up untill this time i had done business this way for 10 years with never a problem selling stuff from coast to coast in Canada, US and Austraila nothing big just a hobby by word of mouth. Then this peckerhead came into the picture and 10 years later still owes me $167.00. Of course his girl friend kicked him out (the number i had to reach him) she gave me his mothers number because she new the scum sucking fag would be crawling back to her. She told me that she can't be responsible for his transactions Bla Bla Bla.
Take breath.
Sorry for the rant guys just had to vent when i read this.
To this day I allways check the participants list at any big shoot i go to, someday i'll get the satisfaction of cutting it off his back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Yes, the thought of the name "Kyle" being tarnished is disturbing.  

I count myself fortunate that all of the dealings I have had with members of our forum have been good experiences.  It's my hope the Un-Kyle will be prosecuted through the efforts that are in process.  Too often, these sort just create a new identity and it's business as usual for them.  Thank you to all of you that have demonstrated such high standards of integrity in the transactions we have shared.  Also, thanks for the heads up on this clown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: