HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:05 pm

A cautionary tale to be sure.

Thanks for posting this Dover!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:25 am

riff raff wrote:

It sure would be tempting to have a group of Texan pipe fans look up the whereabouts of Kyle and pay him a visit at his place of work, etc.  
Ah, Pretty close........Getting warmer!!!!!......... Twisted Evil 
Only difference is they have badges!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:09 am

Ah-ha, just saw this posted on Smokers Forums, check it out.....

http://www.justmugshots.com/texas/webster-county/18447196
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:48 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Steve Fallon just posted an update on the PipesMagazine forum. It appears there has been some closure to the issue with Kyle. There is even a response from Kyle on that thread (now closed). Basically, he chose to make restitution versus legal action.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:40 pm

riff raff wrote:
Steve Fallon just posted an update on the PipesMagazine forum. It appears there has been some closure to the issue with Kyle. There is even a response from Kyle on that thread (now closed). Basically, he chose to make restitution versus legal action.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/kyle-black-captured

WOW!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Kyle Black will not make restitution or only as little as he can manipulate to do. From his record we know he is an unrepentant thief. He will only stop if he is imprisoned and lacks the means to continue his larcenies.

I hope everyone refuses restitution and presses charges. I was un ebay this week, window shopping, but who knows when next madness will say to get serious. The thought that I could be dealing with Black or someone of his ilk gives me pause.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:54 pm

After reading all that has been posted on this thread it just re-enforces the true name of EBay, E-PREY . Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:10 pm

monbla256 wrote:
After reading all that has been posted on this thread it just re-enforces the true name of EBay, E-PREY . Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Preach it brother!

monkey 

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:31 pm

To buy ebay goods you have to pay first. . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:45 pm

The illuminating aspect of this is that Flea Prey is the ultimate, unregulated Free Market in action.

It makes more money by letting people clog the pipe listings with hash pipes, opium pipes, magazine ads, cigar holders & Chinese rubbish, so that's what people have to wade through to find pipes.

Anybody who wants to call common rubbish "rare," "award winning," "pristine" &c. with no basis in fact is free to do so and to ask absurd prices for it, hoping to sucker a gullible new guy into buying it on trust. Replaced stems go unmentioned, ruinous basement commando refinishes abound, and flagrant shill bidding is ignored.

I hope that you people who carry on about how "the free market" is supposed to be the self-correcting optimum in a climate where morality and decency are written off as "personal opinions" and disallowed as inadmissible "value judgements" are learning something from the spectacle : the spectacle of their own instilled beliefs in actual practice.

The only winners in a race to the bottom are the cockroaches and the rats.

What a Face

Last edited by Yak on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Yak, more, Yak, more, Yak, more, Yak, more, Yak, more, Yak, more:D Smile Very Happy Cool Laughing Cool 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Is that like Erinmore ?

What a Face 
Back to top Go down
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:29 am

See my original reply on page one. Nothing has changed to make me feel any different. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:46 am

Marty Pulvers wrote:
Sept. 19, 2013. A very uplifting development has taken place since I made my first posting regarding Kyle Black and his transgressions in the pipe-trading community.  As news comes in to me, somewhat indirectly but very reliably, he has already made restitution to one of his victims, and has promised, facing the threat of jail, to pay back others.  Why I call the development uplifting is not because a few people might be getting product or money rightfully returned to them, but because it shows what can ensue from harmony.  In working together, we put a lot of pressure on a person deserving it.

I would be even happier if I thought that any of this made a lasting impression on Kyle Black, but that would be a pipe dream.  From the information I am receiving about him (which includes a dishonorable discharge from the Marines) the man is a textbook sociopath and will not be dissuaded from his path of trying to acquire easy money.  Even his girlfriend is a collaborator, so he should plan his bill paying and  other obligations (such as semi-annual dental check ups and oil changes) around the time he can be expected to spend in jails. I can almost guarantee it.  And, as he's young, his girlfriend should definitely have him regularly tested for HIV, and herself, too, for what that is worth, especially after his stints in jail.  Pleasant, huh?

And talking about girl friends and caution, her name is Lauryn Francis and she has been used by Kyle to stand in for him on those eBay auctions where Kyle himself is blocked.  Also, Kyle has used the alias Anthony Combs to transact business.  Be alert.
MP
What a Face
Back to top Go down
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:29 am

Yak wrote:

What a Face
Kyle use "L. Francis" as the name for shipping in my case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: ...except that it's NOT a free market   Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:33 pm

Yak wrote:
...I hope that you people who carry on about how "the free market" is supposed to be the self-correcting optimum in a climate where morality and decency are written off as "personal opinions" and disallowed as inadmissible "value judgements" are learning something...

What a Face
Most Observant of Yaks:

For a second there I thought I was going to have to do battle against yet another ill-conceived, ill-informed, irrational attack against free markets. But thankfully as I read on I saw that you qualified your rant, directing it specifically against those who (apparently) are moral relativists...you know — the miscreants who say "everything is relative" and "there are no absolutes" as the basis of their assertion that there's no such thing as right and wrong, and so attempt to justify their scumbaggery. (Hint: They suck.)

Not that I'd have thought you actually believe in such an idiotic perspective, but what with the perennial problem of different semantic stores (definitions) and the long-standing, as-yet unresolved Yakkian/Vitonian disconnect on the subject of definitions in general*, I'm never quite sure whether we actually disagree, or I'm just not understanding what you mean. Neutral
    *...you know, the thing wherein my penchant for precise semantic definitions so we know WTF each other is talking about is something you perpetually perceive as pseudo- or quasi-mathematicalistische "thinkety", which it ain't...but neither one of us (so far) knows how to bridge that particular gap in mutual understanding. Anyhow, that's prolly not something we're going to resolve here...
However, in this case, I think we're on the same page. (If not, I'm sure you'll straighten me out. Wink)

What I mean is, I take it that your antipathy toward "the free market" is not based on some kind of fundamental aversion to the right of individuals to interact freely and voluntarily with each other without unwanted and uninvited interference by others who have no business meddling in their affairs when their affairs involve only their own property, and their transactions are conducted without coercion (force or fraud). If so, then we agree on that much.

Clearly, that's not the kind of transactions cultivated by this blackguard "Kyle Black", who is well-named. And to the extent that FleaPrey is unwilling or unable to provide a marketplace in which exclusively non-coercive transactions occur, then it falls far short of what I consider to be a proper standard for a truly free market. IOW, the problem isn't that it's a free market; rather, the problem is that it's not a free market...by my definition.

For my part, the perspective you've described above — a concept of "the free market" that is utterly divorced from any recognition of or self-governance by irrevocably entrenched moral principle — is antithetical to what I mean by the free market. What's more, it cannot possibly work in the long run. It will devolve into barbarism, wherein "survival of the fittest" is based solely on who can out-scumbag everyone else.

That is not civilization. That's exactly — as you've correctly observed — nothing more than a cutthroat competition in which "The only winners...are the cockroaches and the rats."

BTW, I acknowledge that my concept of what constitutes the free market is at variance with the way others define it. That’s not my problem. I’m just specifying what I mean by “the free market” so you won’t confuse me with the damned (literally) moral relativists.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Say what? scratch 

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:34 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
Say what? scratch 

AJ
That's exactly how how reacted when I read your "Say what? scratch"

I don't know you well AJ, so I had to go read a bunch of your posts to figure out that you're not a troll. Wink  I don't feed trolls. Glad to know you're not one of them.

If there's something you don't understand, I'll be happy to answer any specific questions.   

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:51 pm

You've pointed out before that a major design flaw in the American "system" as it was designed & intended was/is that people had to bring their own integrity into it with them for it to work. IOW, the System itself did not generate the integrity necessary for it to operate properly.

Well, that.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Vito

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:27 pm

Yak wrote:
You've pointed out before that a major design flaw in the American "system" as it was designed & intended was/is that people had to bring their own integrity into it with them for it to work. IOW, the System itself did not generate the integrity necessary for it to operate properly.

Well, that.

What a Face
Indeed. Exactly that.

Back to top Go down
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:37 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
Say what? scratch 

AJ
Kyle's Behaviour = Bad (that is what I interpreted...<g>)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:51 pm

riff raff wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:
Say what? scratch 

AJ

Nah...Kyle qualifies as Not Bad under the "Mutant Exclusion Principle", in which special allowance is made for space aliens who are visiting Earth on an extended guest pass.

Of course, I mean that in the nicest possible way.  

Back to top Go down
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:14 pm

Vito wrote:
riff raff wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:
Say what? scratch 

AJ

Nah...Kyle qualifies as Not Bad under the "Mutant Exclusion Principle", in which special allowance is made for space aliens who are visiting Earth on an extended guest pass.

Of course, I mean that in the nicest possible way.  

I think he was referring to Kyle Black (schwarz) not Kyle Weiss (white). lol!

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!   Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:28 pm

MisterE wrote:
I think he was referring to Kyle Black (schwarz) not Kyle Weiss (white). lol!

Oops...Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed  With all the razzing and implicitness that goes on here, one is not completely sure exactly what folks are saying sometimes.

Sorry, Kyle The White. I heap ashes and sackcloth upon mah haid in unmitigated repentance. But you're still a mutant.  

And yeah...I definitely was saying the Kyle the Black's behavior is scumbaggery on the hoof. Evil or Very Mad 

Back to top Go down

RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2