HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

"Old Farts" can STILL do it !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: "Old Farts" can STILL do it !   Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:59 pm

All you 'young'uns" have something to reach for now ! Diana Nyad just swam shark cage free from Cuba to the US!!  cheers cheers  cheers 

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/02/world/americas/diana-nyad-cuba-florida-swim/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean68

Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: Re: "Old Farts" can STILL do it !   Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:02 am

I think this is a wicked cool story!

I'll be happy if my old, broken ass can ride a motorcycle across the country... Smile 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: "Old Farts" can STILL do it !   Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:15 pm

I can't help but think of Tilda Swinton's Character from The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: "Old Farts" can STILL do it !   Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:25 pm

ONLY TWO responses to THIS !! She swam NON-STOP for OVER 50 hours to accomplish this!! Guess she embariss'd all you young farts  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil
And I forgot, it was a WOMAN who did it !! Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: "Old Farts" can STILL do it !   Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:57 pm

monbla256 wrote:
ONLY TWO responses to THIS !! She swam NON-STOP for OVER 50 hours to accomplish this!! Guess she embariss'd all you young farts  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil
And I forgot, it was a WOMAN who did it !! Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 
Michael, I guess all of the "young Whipper Snappers" are embarrassed by the knowledge that they've been bested by an "old biddy". What we old geezers lack in youth we up for it in, experience, tenacity, and being treacherous. lol!

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: "Old Farts" can STILL do it !   Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:06 pm

Hey, for some people, age is their only achievement--much like seniority in a union--it ain't about hard work.  Smile  Jars of sitting, forgotten pickles can stay sour on the shelf for a very long time.    

This lady's a bad-ass, at any age.  cheers   I'm going to take my waning-in-years lessons from her.  

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

PostSubject: Re: "Old Farts" can STILL do it !   Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Hey, for some people, age is their only achievement--much like seniority in a union--it ain't about hard work.  Smile  Jars of sitting, forgotten pickles can stay sour on the shelf for a very long time.    

This lady's a bad-ass, at any age.  cheers   I'm going to take my waning-in-years lessons from her.  

Cool
I think she'd be a good role model. Careful young whipper snapper or you will end up like the rest of the geezers...old.Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Razz Razz Laughing 

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: "Old Farts" can STILL do it !   Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:37 pm

Looking forward to every moment. I'm constantly in pain; my back has been a serious problem since I was a kid, my eyesight is for sh*t, and my stomach has the strength of wet tissue paper. I collect in earnest items of a past I never saw, tell wild stories of my past, and am usually the youngest in my group of friends by a minimum of 25 years. I'm just waiting for the wrinkles to match my level of cantankery, because no one trusts a baby-faced "young coot." I think I lived too many years in a short period of time.

Laughing

You old dudes have it made. tongue

Also, God help all of you when I really DO become old on top of what's already in place.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

PostSubject: Re: "Old Farts" can STILL do it !   Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Kyle, it sounds as though you've got a good start. Come along, you'll be welcome to sit and complain with the rest of us.Razz Laughing 

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: "Old Farts" can STILL do it !   Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:54 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
Kyle, it sounds as though you've got a good start. Come along, you'll be welcome to sit and complain with the rest of us.Razz Laughing 

AJ
Save a spot on the porch for my rockin' chair. Very Happy I'll trundle over with my pipe, some whiskey and something to help me yell at the kids on the lawn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

PostSubject: Re: "Old Farts" can STILL do it !   Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:

AJ
Save a spot on the porch for my rockin' chair.   Very Happy  I'll trundle over with my pipe, some whiskey and something to help me yell at the kids on the lawn.  
You're going to make a good fit. No training required. You'll be joining us a lot sooner than you can imagine.

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: "Old Farts" can STILL do it !   Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:25 pm

Absolutely amazing story. I'm stealing her mantra as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com

"Old Farts" can STILL do it !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: