HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share
 

 I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dottie Warden

Dottie Warden

Age : 60
Location : Mexico City
Registration date : 2014-04-19

I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now   I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 EmptySat May 03, 2014 2:41 am

ravkesef wrote:
This really is all about me.

Absolutely!

And it's about time I do something just for me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete



Age : 74
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now   I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 8:36 pm

Smoking a cigarette is like having sex with a woman of the night, picked up on the corner of the street. Nice while it's lasting but terrible afterwards and also dangerous.

Smoking cigars is like visiting a grand brothel, beautiful "ladies" which are expencive and leave a nasty taste afterwards

Smoking a pipe is a love affair which lasts a lifetime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dottie Warden

Dottie Warden

Age : 60
Location : Mexico City
Registration date : 2014-04-19

I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now   I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 3:32 am

SpeedyPete wrote:
Smoking cigars is like visiting a grand brothel, beautiful "ladies" which are expencive and leave a nasty taste afterwards
Not always! Let's be sincere, a good cigar can leave a delicious after taste. Notwithstanding, so can a great blend of natural pipe tobaccos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete



Age : 74
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now   I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 3:45 am

Dottie Warden wrote:
SpeedyPete wrote:
Smoking cigars is like visiting a grand brothel, beautiful "ladies" which are expencive and leave a nasty taste afterwards
Not always! Let's be sincere, a good cigar can leave a delicious after taste. Notwithstanding, so can a great blend of natural pipe tobaccos.

You are quite right! I also love nice cigars and smoke them often.

What I should have said is, after a smoking a cigar, all that's left is a nice taste in the mouth and an ashtray with some ash in it.

After smoking a bowl of good tobacco, I'm left with some good thoughts, a beautiful taste in my mouth and a pipe which I can keep for a lifetime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dottie Warden

Dottie Warden

Age : 60
Location : Mexico City
Registration date : 2014-04-19

I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now   I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 11:24 am

SpeedyPete wrote:
Dottie Warden wrote:
SpeedyPete wrote:
Smoking cigars is like visiting a grand brothel, beautiful "ladies" which are expencive and leave a nasty taste afterwards
Not always! Let's be sincere, a good cigar can leave a delicious after taste. Notwithstanding, so can a great blend of natural pipe tobaccos.

You are quite right!  I also love nice cigars and smoke them often.

What I should have said is, after a smoking a cigar, all that's left is a nice taste in the mouth and an ashtray with some ash in it.

After smoking a bowl of good tobacco, I'm left with some good thoughts, a beautiful taste in my mouth and a pipe which I can keep for a lifetime.

I'm also a pipe smoker that happens to enjoy the occasional cigar as well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Age : 37
Location : Falls Church, Virginia
Registration date : 2013-07-06

I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now   I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 9:21 pm

Just finished a bowl of ojk in what I'm going to call a petit bent billiard. The tobacco was tinder dry. 6 matches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Moderator
Brewdude

Age : 66
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now   I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 9:55 pm

Great thread.

Wonder where BB went to????


Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 Purple11x 2I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 Bombx10I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 BombI am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 BombI am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 D6bddf10 I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Age : 46
Location : Northern, CA
Registration date : 2012-04-04

I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now   I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 10:30 pm

Me too. She got that motor bike and she hasn't been back since.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dottleman

Dottleman

Age : 53
Location : Colorado
Registration date : 2011-08-07

I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now   I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 1:11 am

You got it amigo! Now enjoy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gonzo

Gonzo

Registration date : 2015-03-18

I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now   I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 2:49 pm

At first I thought relights were an indicator I had done something wrong, packed too tight etc. Didn't take too long to realize only one of those things is actually a problem. After that came the realization a quick relight is better than puffing hard to try and bring some life back to a weak ember to get things going again. Enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.etsy.com/shop/GonzoArtCollective?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Brewdude
Moderator
Brewdude

Age : 66
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now   I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 7:41 pm

Gonzo wrote:
At first I thought relights were an indicator I had done something wrong, packed too tight etc. Didn't take too long to realize only one of those things is actually a problem. After that came the realization a quick relight is better than puffing hard to try and bring some life back to a weak ember to get things going again. Enjoy!!

And there ya go!

bom


Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 Purple11x 2I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 Bombx10I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 BombI am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 BombI am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 D6bddf10 I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now - Page 2 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
 
I am officially a "real" pipe smoker now
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Pipe Techniques-
Jump to: