HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Pipe smokers live longer, prove it

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Pipe smokers live longer, prove it   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:55 pm

pm sent
Back to top Go down
Mr_Jeff

Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Pipe smokers live longer, prove it   Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:04 pm

I don't think you'll ever find proof, but there is plenty of evidence.
Exhibit A:
http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/flint/index.ssf/2013/08/paul_spaniola_founder_and_owne.html
Paul lived his life his way. His funeral was packed and when we all headed for the cemetery, the procession was a mile and a half long. At the very end we all had one more bowl at graveside with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Pipe smokers live longer, prove it   Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:29 pm

I believe the case with "poisoning" is it chemically alters or directly affects something else--like metabolisms, neuro-response, that kind of thing. Too much water doesn't poison because of too much water, it simply dilutes the dissolved salts and minerals in the body through excretion to the point where things stop working. It's more a deprivation (like starvation).

I heard it once long ago that nothing is truly good for you, some things are merely worse for you than others.

Boy the anti-tobacco lobbies have done a number on folks for a lot of years, ain't they? It's like the health version of sex predators; now we think there's some mincing creep behind every hedge. Laughing Then we start eliminating bushes and shrubs... stop having children... and on...and on...and on...

...until someone dares thinking rationally. If there's really less witches, there ought to be less witchhunting. But what fun is that? Laughing First world problems--but, we live longer, anyway. cheers

Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Pipe smokers live longer, prove it   Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:42 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Pipe smokers live longer, prove it   Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:52 pm

docwatson wrote:

That sum's it up PERFECTLY !!! Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Pipe smokers live longer, prove it   Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:42 pm

It's my understanding that a persons DNA has the most influence on when they develop a disease that they were destined to develop from birth.

Case in point, high cholesterol.

Eating whole eggs won't make you develop high cholesterol, but being genetically predisposed to develop the condition will. Eating whole eggs will just make the situation worse. Not ever having eaten them will not save you from your predetermined destiny of eventually developing high cholesterol.

My guess is that you can take care of yourself to the best of your ability, and buy yourself a few extra years, but a persons bad genes will eventually catch up with them.

This is exactly why a good friend of mine died from lung cancer within 18 months of diagnosis, but never smoked cigarettes or any other form of weed. Neither did he live or work in an environment which contributed to his condition.

The reason I believe these things, is that the future of medicine is in DNA research. The medical community plans to start treating children proactively around the age or 8 to 10, in order to best deal with their predetermined destiny 50 years ahead of time.

Before the discovery of DNA, the medical community really did believe that removing yolks from eggs would prevent high cholesterol. DNA changed their perception about that as well as a lot of other things.

My guess is that a lot of prescription medications will cause you more side effects and damage over the course of 20 years, than pipe or cigar smoking ever will.

Why? Because the pharmaceutical companies prefer it that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Pipe smokers live longer, prove it   Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:08 pm

Referencing the aforeposted comic frame, the truth is funny, but also hurts.   Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pipe smokers live longer, prove it
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2