HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Looking for some advice/ideas.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:59 am

If this brain could only wear a bikini, I'd have post-grad scientists drooling. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:06 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
If this brain could only wear a bikini, I'd have post-grad scientists drooling.   Laughing 
I'm already crushing on your brain, bikini or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com
Sean68

Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
If this brain could only wear a bikini, I'd have post-grad scientists drooling.   Laughing 
And that, sir, is a very cool kind of sexy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:08 pm

My brain, she's a crazy b*tch with a switchblade in one hand and a book in the other, bad handwriting, and gets in drunken bar fights.   With herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm

Sean68 wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:
Exactly! Brains turn me on.
Back to top Go down
Sean68

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:20 pm

Briarbabe wrote:
Sean68 wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:
I am enticed by the idea of watching his brain get into a drunken bar fight with itself. This MUST be seen!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:25 pm

Sean68 wrote:
Briarbabe wrote:
Sean68 wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:
I am enticed by the idea of watching his brain get into a drunken bar fight with itself. This MUST be seen!
Better yet, watching it squirm into a bikini...that is a sight to behold!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean68

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:31 pm

pepesdad1 wrote:
Sean68 wrote:
Briarbabe wrote:
Sean68 wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:
Better yet, watching it squirm into a bikini...that is a sight to behold!
Oh, THAT would be a sight!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:09 am

I just figured out this theme, if realized, would render me dead. I knew you all had ulterior motives.

Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2asprins

Registration date : 2010-07-08

PostSubject: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Sorry to be late on this post, but it's been a long, long time since I've been on the site. Not because I'm anti-social, but just socially inept. I don't do well with crowds.
Anyway, I'm just sticking my two cents in. Not as a suggestion, but just an opinion. BriarBabe, Do what you like to do most. I see that you enjoy and have grasped the nuance of writing. You do not need a degree to write. You do need time, a place to put your writing when finished, and perserverance of making that writing go to that place. You have the experiences and ability already to keep a reader reading. Now find a way to juggle those experiences into a time line that progresses into many pages, pages that do not have to actually have happened, but makes the reader live with what is happening now on that page. When you are not writing, then you can be doing an alternate field for more experiences and cash flow while you wait for the checks from writing. Just an opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:22 pm

2asprins wrote:
Sorry to be late on this post, but it's been a long, long time since I've been on the site. Not because I'm anti-social, but just socially inept. I don't do well with crowds.
Anyway, I'm just sticking my two cents in. Not as a suggestion, but just an opinion. BriarBabe, Do what you like to do most. I see that you enjoy and have grasped the nuance of writing. You do not need a degree to write. You do need time, a place to put your writing when finished, and perserverance of making that writing go to that place. You have the experiences and ability already to keep a reader reading. Now find a way to juggle those experiences into a time line that progresses into many pages, pages that do not have to actually have happened, but makes the reader live with what is happening now on that page. When you are not writing, then you can be doing an alternate field for more experiences and cash flow while you wait for the checks from writing. Just an opinion.
Trust me, it's the grand scheme. My plan is to get my book deal just as I'm finishing my degree, so I can laugh all the way to the bank at the irony of it all.
Back to top Go down
Sean68

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:49 am

Briarbabe wrote:
2asprins wrote:
Trust me, it's the grand scheme. My plan is to get my book deal just as I'm finishing my degree, so I can laugh all the way to the bank at the irony of it all.
But why does laughing at irony hurt so damn (replace with F-bomb for accurate translation of thought) much?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loco pony

Registration date : 2013-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:56 am

Go for easy quick, easy money. Be a pin striper ........in a bodyshop .

Last edited by loco pony on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:00 am

loco pony wrote:
Go for easy quick, easy money. Be a stripper.
Rather tasteless don't you think? Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:02 am

Tasteless, sure.

Still, if I were a girl, and someone said I should be a stripper, it's kind of a complex way of saying, "Hey honey, you're hot..."...a compliment is a compliment.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loco pony

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:08 am

Or what Kyle said .......yea that could work. Maybe.

Look at my name for grace sake. I am a crazy little horse .........what do ya want from me ........?

If i were a woman I would be a stripper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:16 am

loco pony wrote:
If i were a woman I would be a stripper.
Why stay stuck with "if?" There's surgeons that can turn a man into Miss America these days. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:34 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Tasteless, sure.

Still, if I were a girl, and someone said I should be a stripper, it's kind of a complex way of saying, "Hey honey, you're hot..."...a compliment is a compliment.  

Cool
I STILL maintain it's rather tasteless Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loco pony

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:23 pm

I start my mornin prayers with; Dear God, thank you that I am not a woman. Of all the many blessings in my life this is the first and greatest.

Nothing against women. Lord knows I love 'em, but they have a hell of a tough time of it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:53 pm

loco pony wrote:
I start my mornin prayers with; Dear God, thank you that I am not a woman. Of all the many blessings in my life this is the first and greatest.

Nothing against women. Lord knows I love 'em, but they have a hell of a tough time of it.

And I start my mornings with, "Dear Deity that I no longer believe exists, why the hell couldn't I have been born with a penis?" Because I agree, being a woman means the cards are stacked against you from the word go.

And money is money, back before my daughter was born I planned, very seriously, to strip to pay my way through college. How many people do you know who could graduate and not owe a penny? It's no more tasteless than the slobs spending their money to see you do it. I wander around my house naked all the time. I'd love it if someone paid me to do it. My body, my choice.

And finally, are you serious about body work? I love cars and would seriously love a job that had me working with cars. That being said, I know nothing about working on them and I'm eager to learn. (And I am learning, too!)
Back to top Go down
loco pony

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:03 pm

I know its tough for women out there even in this modern day.

I know several women who paid their way through college by stripping. There is alot of money in it and there are kind of classy places to do it in. None of these women owe any student loans and are professionals in their now choosen career.

Yea you can get a job in a body shop. All you have to do is find someone who needs an apprentice or helper and get started.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:03 pm

loco pony wrote:

Yea you can get a job in a body shop. All you have to do is find someone who needs an apprentice or helper and get started.
It would need to be evenings and weekends right now. I wonder if that's something I could look into.
Back to top Go down
loco pony

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:08 pm

If I were in your shoes maybe ITT technical institute. They have job placement, housing programs , and they have grants that pay your loans. Plus they have a work study plan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Briarbabe:

You have a mind, and you seem to know how to use it. You are articulate. You know how to rub syllables together to create coherent, grammatically correct sentences. You express yourself well enough to get your points across effectively.

You should be writing. It's clearly something you like to do. It's very easy to say, "Figure out a way to support yourself doing what you love to do", but if it were just as easy to actually do it, there would be a lot more happy people.

Anyhow, I've managed to do it. I've worked at home for the last 13 years, and I got to be there for my kids. It has NOT been easy. But it has been worth it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
smg913

Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice/ideas.    Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:01 pm

sorry I am a little late to reply.
I type this reply knowing one thing is for sure. you must do what you love, and love what you do. I know there are bills to be paid and so on. nothing is written in stone. my wife went into college to be a teacher, two years later everything feel apart in new jersey with the teaching system. it took her 3 years to land a full time job. I look at my grandparents (both sides). they never went to college and im sure they didn't graduate high school. they both own very lucrative businesses.

I never went to college I barely got out of high school. I went the trade school route and it paid off for me. its also a catch 22. I work crazy hours due to the trade I am in. I don't have health care through my employer (thank god my wife gets it for us). in the winter I work outside on boats in freezing weather. with all this being said I love what I do.

i know your a women and women don't typical go into trade work but there is a huge gap in trade work. i have met some women in my trade and they were damn good at what they did for a living

http://www.mikeroweworks.com/2013/08/why-work-smart-not-hard-is-the-worst-advice-in-the-world/

read it is a great view working in a trade is very rewarding if you get god enough in your field, you can call the shots.

i know my job is not the greatest out there but i know i can work any "suit" out there under the table
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Looking for some advice/ideas.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2