HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Anti's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Anti's   Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm

Quite the contrary.. I just think sometimes the story gets a little convoluted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Anti's   Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Growley wrote:

For example, before marrying my wife, I thought good conversation was everyone talking...a LOT! In my family, everyone just spewed out information in interrupting overlapping conversations, without a single thought as to what the other person was actually thinking. It was showing up and throwing up...no questions ever asked.

You could be a member of my wife's family!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Anti's   Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:38 pm

Ever watch Honey Boo Boo? In lotsa families, there are members who are just socially awkward or who believe that family members have no boundaries -- It's okay to blurt out whatever comes into your head.

So what to do? If you reply "on the merits," as lawyers say, you'll simply be arguing with someone who is out of his/her depth. If you roll over, you can expect similar treatment in the future.

So I suggest the middle way -- As you listen to the person,  put on the expression you might use if there was a booger hanging from his/her nose. When they pause for breath, reply mildly but firmly.  Something like, "You know, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but adults choose an appropriate time and place and show some respect." Then just turn away.

Otherwise, holidays will be painful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Anti's   Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm

whitepony1986 wrote:
oh i have quite a few ecig mods i just fell out of using them i really should order new 18650's and some juice and get back to them. on a bright note i got the job i start tuesday.
I can't praise/pimp them too hard! Worked for me is all that matters to me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Anti's   Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

puros_bran wrote:
 Quite the contrary..  I just think sometimes the story gets a little convoluted.
Shut up, people NEVER do that with stories. Sheesh. Heretic. :snerk: I love you 

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Anti's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: