HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Growley

Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) Empty
PostSubject: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 11:01 pm

I've been going to this singer songwriter conference for the last 4 years. It's called Hutchmoot (long story) and is put on by a forum called The Rabbit Room. It's an artistic conference that is very cool for a handful of geeky-ish people. The first year I went, I went in support of my wife, who is more of a literary type than I. But, I found I was met by a bunch of really great people, many of which smoked pipe! Now, each year I wait anxiously to see if we can get tickets. They sold out in 3 minutes this year Shocked 

Well, the last year I went, the guys found out I was a pipemaker, and they asked me if I'd make a Rabbit Room edition pipe for the next conference. I was thrilled! But, having no idea how many will actually sell, I only made 7. My thought was to make them identical in shape, so you can tell they're a set, but have them all be individually finished, with different stems, different stain, and different finish techniques. I just finished them up the other day and am really happy with the results.

They will only be available at the conference, but I figured you guys like looking at pipes so I'd give you a gander.

Take a look:
Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) 2013-Rabbit-Room-Collection

Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) Rabbit-Room-7-Strip
Back to top Go down
http://GrowleyPipes.com
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 11:45 pm

If anyone needs proof you are one of the BEST Artison makers around today need only look at THAT SET of IDENTICALY shaped pipes ! Absolutely AMAZING ! cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 7:21 am

Very impressive Brian!

Cool 

Cheers,

RR

Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) Purple11x 2Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) Bombx10  Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) Bombx7Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) D6bddf10 Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Mozjo33

Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 7:41 am

Absolutely gorgeous!  I'm so jealous of the future owner. Amazing stuff Brian.
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 8:47 am

What a wonderful opportunity you were granted and boy oh boy did you come through with some stunning pipes, those chaps are going to be very pleased with those and make no mistake, excellent work as always. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Ocelot55

Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:46 am

Absolutely incredible!

Excellent job, Brian! I'm sure they are all bound to sell! cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jonespipes.com

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:30 am

Well done! 7 Xs!
Back to top Go down
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Outstanding work.....beautiful pipes...every one a winner!
Back to top Go down
Growley

Growley

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Boulder&Briar

Boulder&Briar

Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 pm

Very nice set of pipes Brian!
Back to top Go down
http://www.boulderandbriar.com
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 2:16 pm

Stunning job there! I can't even sign my name the same 7 times. That's mad skill!

Jim
Back to top Go down
Growley

Growley

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 2:23 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
I can't even sign my name the same 7 times.

Jim
Ha, that made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
i.keenum

i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:09 am

Great pipes , that tortoise shell is a stunner. Really show cases your talent with how identical these all are in shape.
Back to top Go down
http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 7:58 pm

Can't get over how stunning each and every one, individually and together, they are truly amazing.  Just outstanding!
Back to top Go down
Growley

Growley

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:30 am

UPDATE:

I wanted to share some excitement with you. I just got back from the conference and came back with 0 pipes. They all happily went to new owners. It was a small conference at about 100 people, so I really wasn't sure how a POY would go. But it seemed to be very well received, and they've already asked me to make a POY for 2014, so I'm excited about that.

The cool thing was, that 4 out of the 7 pipes were gifts, and 3 of those 4 gifts were from wives to husbands. How cool is that?

In addition, I got to light up break-in-bowls with most of the buyers. We had circles of up to 15 people smoking pipes at the same time.

...good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fatman

Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:58 am

Awesome news Sir! I am not surprised all of your pipes sold, they were all so nice, and the symmetry in all of them was stunning.
Back to top Go down
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 8:51 am

That is pretty cool. First, the pipes are incredible, terrific job. Second, I think it is awesome that you can combine two passions so neatly and include participation with your wife's hobby. A very nice outcome! Perhaps we'll see the new owners show up as members here.
Back to top Go down
mejoshee

mejoshee

Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Congrats on breaking your name into an unconventional circle. As fatman says, no surprise at all. Keep up the great work!
Back to top Go down
LordTemplar

LordTemplar

Registration date : 2014-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:10 pm

That is really super Brian! I love your pipes, the few that I have seen. I am dying to get one.
Back to top Go down
Growley

Growley

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:53 pm

LordTemplar wrote:
That is really super Brian!  I love your pipes, the few that I have seen.  I am dying to get one.

Thanks. I appreciate the compliment.
Back to top Go down
joshoowah

joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)   Growley POC (Pipe of the conference) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:57 pm

Growley wrote:
LordTemplar wrote:
That is really super Brian!  I love your pipes, the few that I have seen.  I am dying to get one.

Thanks. I appreciate the compliment.

I must concur. I cannot wait to get back to the States so I can break in that cherry blast Rhodesian you made me. I'm interested to see you do more of nose warmers. Wink
Back to top Go down

Growley POC (Pipe of the conference)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: