HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The end of an era

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dbl-haul

Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:09 pm

I feel the pain you are feeling. The local Fly Fishing shop is closing After 30 + years. I learned alot in that store . Old guy that owns it is retiring .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bentbulldog

Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:11 pm

I've been barbering for about 8 years and in more shops than I can count on both hands. I was trained as an apprentice directly from my grandfather, so am quite proficient at scissor cuts and the straight razor shave is my forte.
Unfortunately, the respectable image of the professional barber has diminished to people who just can't make it anywhere else, at least in my experience and observation. Even the shops that try to recreate that old school feel, still follow the business model of the fast food type barber, in/out next, in/out next, etc...
Sorry to hear about the loss, and I hope you'll find someone who can cut your hair to your liking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clay

Registration date : 2012-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:35 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
FWIW, I get a haircut every two weeks and have used the same barber for 13+ years. That is not 30 years, but it is still a while. She closed her shop and installed her barber chair in the basement of her house. She kept a few of her long-time customers. I think I am the most recent of the long-time folks, but I am an easy, simple haircut. I always have given her $10 for an $8 cut with a beard trim. The haircut itself has never changed (except it has thinned a little). I still go every two weeks. It might not hurt to ask...
This would be ideal. My mom retired from catering years ago, but still makes wedding cakes for her special customers. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loco pony

Registration date : 2013-09-21

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Cant get my pics to post for some reason.
Pics are on my facebook page
locopony
I cant get a link to work either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The end of an era
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: