HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Tea infused liquors

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Briarbabe

Briarbabe

Registration date : 2013-07-30

Tea infused liquors  Empty
PostSubject: Tea infused liquors    Tea infused liquors  EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Last Christmas I made tea infused liquors for most of the 'gents on my Christmas list. Over the past year I have tried several different liquor/tea combinations. I have to say the one I made this weekend was my favorite so far. I did a jelly glass jar full of white rum and added two bags of decaffeinated Constant Comment tea, sealed it tightly and let it sit in a bowl of warm water for three hours. It's perfect! The flavor of the tea is unmistakable without being over powering. I think this one is definitely going to be made in a large batch for Christmas. I'm looking forward to putting a little in hot cocoa. It was perfect sipping, straight up, and of course the little 1/2 pint jar is nearly gone already because several friends insisted I share, you know, just a sip. Ha!

Tea infused liquors  Photo_12

Last edited by Briarbabe on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com
Toirtis

Toirtis

Registration date : 2013-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Tea infused liquors    Tea infused liquors  EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:21 pm

Sounds fascinating....something that I most definitely need to try. Any particular reason for using decaffeinated tea as opposed to the regular stuff? What brand white rum are you using?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

Briarbabe

PostSubject: Re: Tea infused liquors    Tea infused liquors  EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:37 pm

Toirtis wrote:
Sounds fascinating....something that I most definitely need to try. Any particular reason for using decaffeinated tea as opposed to the regular stuff? What brand white rum are you using?
No reason, it's just what I had on hand. I used Bacardi. It's quite good. Some other really good ones to try are:

Earl Grey vodka
Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice rum
most fruit teas are really nice in rum, apple cinnamon tea goes great in brandy.
I did mint tea in rum this summer and used that for mojitos. Damn good stuff.

I'd like to try a scotch and see how it flavors up.
Back to top Go down
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Tea infused liquors    Tea infused liquors  EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:21 pm

Let me know if you find something that works with gin...that would make you my hero.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

Briarbabe

PostSubject: Re: Tea infused liquors    Tea infused liquors  EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:30 pm

idbowman wrote:
Let me know if you find something that works with gin...that would make you my hero.
I have a few ideas as I love gin myself. Wink
Back to top Go down
PozzSka

PozzSka

Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Tea infused liquors    Tea infused liquors  EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:26 pm

have you tried a bourbon yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
Toirtis

Toirtis

Registration date : 2013-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Tea infused liquors    Tea infused liquors  EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 5:23 pm

[quote="Briarbabe"]
Toirtis wrote:

Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice rum
That sounds fantastic....one of my favourite boxed teas....definitely on my 'to do' list. Perhaps with Bacardi Black.

Quote :
apple cinnamon tea goes great in brandy.
That also sounds great.....I will have to find an inexpensive brandy that I do not mind adulterating.

Quote :
I'd like to try a scotch and see how it flavors up.
I do not buy poor scotch, and just could not bring myself to do that to a good single malt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tea infused liquors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Kitchen & The Speakeasy-
Jump to: