HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Government Closings in the Not News

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Government Closings in the Not News   Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:34 pm

Put traffic cones up to keep tourists in cars from pulling over to look at Mount Rushmore ? Sure !

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BV2F_n3CUAA4N4Z.jpg

Quote :
“We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can," an angry Park Ranger told the Times. "It’s disgusting.”
http://12160.info/page/park-ranger-admits-being-told-to-make-life-as-difficult-for-peopl?xg_source=shorten_twitter

What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Quote :
Just before the weekend, the National Park Service informed charter boat captains in Florida that the Florida Bay was "closed" due to the shutdown. Until government funding is restored, the fishing boats are prohibited from taking anglers into 1,100 square-miles of open ocean. Fishing is also prohibited at Biscayne National Park during the shutdown.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/05/Feds-Try-to-Close-the-OCEAN-Because-of-Shutdown

What a Face

Last edited by Yak on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Quote :
CNSNews.comreported that, because there are only a little over 230 active-duty Catholic priests to serve some 275,000 Catholic military personnel, the government has contracted with non-military priests to help perform Mass and other religious functions. But according to the Archdiocese for the Military Services, these non-active-duty military priests face arrest if they perform Mass or other religious services on military bases during the government shutdown, even if they volunteer their time.

John Schlageter, general counsel of the Archdiocese for the Military Services, explained in a letter on the archdiocese website that during the shutdown, contract priests hired by the federal government to fill in on military bases when no active duty priest is available “are not permitted to work — not even to volunteer. During the shutdown, it is illegal for them to minister on base and they risk being arrested if they attempt to do so.”
http://rinf.com/alt-news/breaking-news/priests-face-arrest-for-performing-mass-on-military-bases-during-govt-shutdown/76878/

What a Face 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Quote :
Private-property owners on Nevada's Lake Mead have been kicked out of their homes by National Parks Service officials as part of the federal government shutdown, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported Saturday.

At least 60 families with vacation properties along the picturesque shores were given 24 hours to vacate their homes that are situated on federal land.

"They are all vacation homes and everybody who lives in them are considered visitors," said Christie Vanover, spokeswoman for the Lake Mead Recreational Area.

"If anybody needs to gather their personal belongings, we’re not going to deny them access. They can go do that. They just can’t spend the nights there or have barbecues during the day," Vanover said.

"They need to get in and get out," she said.
http://www.newsmax.com/US/lake-mead-shutdown-property/2013/10/06/id/529500#ixzz2h5aAv232

What a Face 
Back to top Go down
bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:15 pm

That's our government. They make money with the tourists at the parks so they shut them down. "Let's arrest all those WW2 vets and blame the other side". I guess someone realized a lot of rope was suddenly being bought on the net (G) and figured it was for them! Congress is acting smug and blaming the other side for not negotiating. One party missed killing ObamaCare when they had the chance and now it is too late. I guess they forgot what they did for HillaryCare when that was proposed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:18 pm

Quote :
That's our government.
"our" ?

Oh -- you mean the one we're ruled by !  Twisted Evil 

What a Face
Back to top Go down
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:39 pm

The Koch Bros are winning cheers  They've been working on shutting the govt down for years and they are going to get THEIR way !! Soon, they will control ALL of the United Corporation of America !! Yeah !! cheers  cheers Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:08 pm

Yak wrote:
Quote :
That's our government.
"our" ?

What a Face
Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:35 am

I'm so @#$##%* bored sitting at home I'm ready to go back to work. Forced to use up all my vacation and they get to take days off. Seems that they should be burning the midnight oil and working through the weekend. Not resting till hard working Americans are back at work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:11 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:08 am

Yak wrote:
Quote :
That's our government.
"our" ?

What a Face
"Our" as in "our" problem (g). Or maybe that should be (cry) instead of (g)..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:45 pm

We have the opportunity every 2, 4, and 6 years to get rid of that scum in Washington but what do we do? As long as they promise to give us our "Entitlements" we send them right back. Apathy, greed, and laziness is rampant. We're the dumbest people on the planet. We've got what we deserve.

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:15 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
We have the opportunity every 2, 4, and 6 years to get rid of that scum in Washington but what do we do? As long as they promise to give us our "Entitlements" we send them right back. Apathy, greed, and laziness is rampant.  We're the dumbest people on the planet. We've got what we deserve.

AJ
That's EXACTLY the illusion the Koch Bros. and their ilk want you to believe and have done a good job of keeping the illusion alive and well. Like I've said and will maintain, we are the United Corporation of America. Have been for more decades than I've been alive and will continue to be I'm afraid. Oh well, onward thru the fog and have you seen the new I-Phone Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:51 pm

monbla256 wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:
We have the opportunity every 2, 4, and 6 years to get rid of that scum in Washington but what do we do? As long as they promise to give us our "Entitlements" we send them right back. Apathy, greed, and laziness is rampant.  We're the dumbest people on the planet. We've got what we deserve.

AJ
That's EXACTLY the illusion the Koch Bros. and their ilk want you to believe and have done a good job of keeping the illusion alive and well. Like I've said and will maintain, we are the United Corporation of America. Have been for more decades than I've been alive and will continue to be I'm afraid. Oh well, onward thru the fog and have you seen the new I-Phone  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Couldn't care less about what the Koch Brothers preach (no offence Michael). It's our elected officials that's run the national debt beyond what my great great grandchildren will ever get paid, the same ones are sending billions of dollars to other countries while we have children in this country without proper clothing and food, they made it possible for our companies to outsource hundreds of thousands of jobs overseas putting millions of Americans out of a job, and every chance they get they steal your liberties guaranteed by the Constitution ie: The Patriot Act. Our government is out of control. During every election less than 50% of the eligible voters go to the polls and vote. Those that do send the same ones back to Congress again and again. Yak has posted numerous threads that highlight the wrongs and insane actions of our government. Our members read them, get bent out of shape, and then what? Nothing. What can be done about it? We can change the government by not re-electing these people who are self serving. Get off our duffs, go to the polls and vote for anyone except an incumbent. You will see Congress gripped with fear and a change in the way they conduct business. What are the chances of this becoming a reality? Absolutely none. It's not going to happen. First of all most won't go and vote. Second those that do will continue to vote for the same ones because they don't want to give up their government handouts. Third reason is that the rest just don't give a damn.

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:13 am

ajn27511 wrote:
Couldn't care less about what the Koch Brothers preach (no offence Michael). It's our elected officials that's run the national debt beyond what my great great grandchildren will ever get paid, the same ones are sending billions of dollars to other countries while we have children in this country without proper clothing and food, they made it possible for our companies to outsource hundreds of thousands of jobs overseas putting millions of Americans out of a job, and every chance they get they steal your liberties guaranteed by the Constitution ie: The Patriot Act. Our government is out of control. During every election less than 50% of the eligible voters go to the polls and vote. Those that do send the same ones back to Congress again and again. Yak has posted numerous threads that highlight the wrongs and insane actions of our government. Our members read them, get bent out of shape, and then what? Nothing. What can be done about it? We can change the government by not re-electing these people who are self serving. Get off our duffs, go to the polls and vote for anyone except an incumbent. You will see Congress gripped with fear and a change in the way they conduct business. What are the chances of this becoming a reality? Absolutely none. It's not going to happen. First of all most won't go and vote. Second those that do will continue to vote for the same ones because they don't want to give up their government handouts. Third reason is that the rest just don't give a damn.

AJ
Cool again.

Except methinks even if the voting doesn't go the puppet masters' way, they'll FIND a way. You can't suddenly tell those comfortable in First Class to take Greyhound. There WILL be a fight.

Thing is, it's happened before...when it'll happen again is anyone's guess.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:41 am

TUSAYAN, Ariz. (AP) — Nearly two dozen people have been issued citations for entering Grand Canyon National Park. All of the citations will be handled by the U.S. Attorney’s Office. Wright says each of the 21 citations issued as of Monday has a mandatory order to appear in federal court.

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2013/10/08/grand-canyon-cites-people-for-entering-closed-park/

NIH stops therapy dog visits to sick children.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/08/NIH-Stops-Therapy-Dogs-from-Visiting-Sick-Kids

What a Face 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:45 am

Koch Bros. :

Travis Gettys wrote:
The Senate’s lone independent said Monday that a controversial Supreme Court ruling on campaign financing indirectly led to the government shutdown, which he said was engineered by an influential group of billionaires led by the Koch brothers.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) said the 2010 ruling in the Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission allowed the rich and powerful to threaten House members with well-funded campaign challengers unless they got their way on an agenda to roll back progressive legislation.

So what democracy is today in the House of Representatives after Citizens United is about is a handful of billionaires can threaten any member of the House with defeat by pouring unlimited sums of money if they vote in a way that the Koch brothers do not like,” Sanders said.

Charles and David Koch inherited the manufacturing and petrochemical company Koch Industries from their father, and the brothers have contributed nearly $200 million to various conservative and libertarian political organizations.

The Senator, who typically votes with Democrats, cited a New York Times report from Sunday that explained how a coalition of conservative and corporate activist groups conspired to pressure Republican lawmakers into tying a funding bill for the federal government to implementation of the Affordable Care Act.

The Democratic-led Senate rejected each bill that House Republicans approved to defund or delay the law, known as Obamacare, and the government was shut down when the new fiscal year began Oct. 1 without a funding agreement.

Sanders said the fight against the health care reform law was “just the tip of the iceberg” in the right-wing agenda to gut government programs that protect the most vulnerable members of society, including the sick and the elderly.

It’s not a question of opposing the extension of health insurance through Obamacare — that’s not enough for them,” Sanders said. “What they want to do is end Medicare as we know it."

Sanders warned that conservative activists and the Republican lawmakers they support intend to roll back Social Security and eliminate minimum wage laws, among other cuts to social services programs.

And he said the Supreme Court ruling that prohibits the government from restricting independent political expenditures by corporations, associations or labor unions.

We have got to do everything that we can to overturn this disastrous Citizens United Supreme Court decision so that a handful of billionaires cannot dictate public policy,” Sanders said.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/08/bernie-sanders-citizens-united-ruling-led-to-the-government-shutdown/

What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Slartibartfast

Registration date : 2011-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:07 am

Teabaggin' the apocalypse!

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loco pony

Registration date : 2013-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:50 pm

The reason this has gotten so stupid is the American voter. Most peoples eyes glaze over when you begin to talk politics. Very few can name their own Senators or Congressmen. Even fewer can name a supreme court justice. Hell, there are more than just a few who dont know that Obama care and the "Affordable Health Care Act" are one and the same. They damn sure cant tell ya that there hasnt been a budget passed in over 6 years. And knowing nothing they go vote for who ever celebrities tell them too.
They can tell ya who was twerking at the VMA. And who is playin foot ball this week. They can probably tell ya the names of most of the guys on each team. Even though none of them can tell ya why the Kardashian girls are famous .........noone can manage that one. Ha ha! But more people would show up for an appearance of one of them useless things than for a town hall meeting with their representative in the federal or state government.

Mini rant over...........and with out much cursing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:35 pm

When the obama admenistration can give a perment to elelgle alians to have a rally at a nation musium , and cant let americans go to the place something bad is wrong. The piece for shit and all his administration got to go. And for that I what all that voted for therr piece of shir to go too. PISS ON ALL OF THEM AND YOU THAT VOTED FOR THAT PIECE OF SHIT TOO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:51 pm

i.keenum wrote:
I'm so @#$##%* bored sitting at home I'm ready to go back to work. Forced to use up all my vacation and they get to take days off. Seems that they should be burning the midnight oil and working through the weekend. Not resting till hard working Americans are back at work.
I'm in the same boat. I haven't had more than 3 days off at a time in 20 years. I guess luckily my vacation leave stays maxed and I'm able t use it now. Not so lucky for some of my team though. They have young kids and are about to be burning through their savings, credit etc to make ends meet.

Even if Congress brushes off the work force and decides to pay back pay. It will have already had an effect on people's credit (delayed mortgage payments etc) and budget. Also... they don't get that back pay on their next paycheck. Remember the term "it's going to take an act of Congress"? People may be seeing that money 6 months from now. If ever.

People think government contractors are rolling in cash. They're not. They usually get the stink end of the stick and this is going to sink many people and flood the job market with more people looking for "more secure" jobs. I've already sent my resume to recruiters. I hate to do it to my team but what do you do when "up the chain" has so little respect for you, your work and your colleagues?

I thought this was 'Merica. Welcome to Rome.

I swing a heavy hammer. Some company needs a steel driver. Smile

Back to top Go down
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:22 pm

[quote="Hereward"]
i.keenum wrote:

I thought this was 'Merica. Welcome to Rome.]
It is, It's the UNITED CORPORATION of AMERICA Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Ya my vacation is drained and I'm 4 days in the hole, next pay period is going to be tight. This is horse shit, just approve the god damn budget they are giving and fight out that obama care fiascos on their own time. Sure the repubs aren't giving him want he wants but does it really have to be all or nothing while we suffer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:51 pm

i.keenum wrote:
Ya my vacation is drained and I'm 4 days in the hole, next pay period is going to be tight.  This is horse shit, just approve the god damn budget they are giving and fight out that obama care fiascos on their own time. Sure the repubs aren't giving him want he wants but does it really have to be all or nothing while we suffer.
Why YES as it's the PRINCIPLE of it ALL and TRUE 'MURICANS are willing to sacrifice for the PRINCIPLE of it, right? Cruz, etal are REAL 'MURICANS as they are willing to sacrifice for their PRINCIPLES REGARDLESS of the societal cost Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Onward thru the Fog Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Government Closings in the Not News   Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:36 pm

The Washington Times wrote:
Taking their lead from the veterans who first pushed through the barricades to visit the World War II Memorial,  Americans nationwide are defying the federal government shutdown, tossing aside traffic cones and toppling wooden fences to get to national parks and other federal lands that the administration has deemed out of bounds.

As the shutdown hits the middle of its second week, civil disobedience has become a sensation. Some proudly post online photos of themselves overcoming the government’s obstacles, and others use more subtle ways to make their point.

In Arizona, one road-stop inn is quietly giving visitors directions on how to use Forest Service roads to get a glimpse of the Grand Canyon, a national park that has been shut down. In Washington, D.C., a South Carolina man said he has spent the past week picking up trash around the shuttered Lincoln Memorial, taking the place of National Park Service employees who have been furloughed.

In Massachusetts, Minuteman National Park is closed, but that hasn’t stopped the leaf-peepers from crossing the barricades to watch as autumn blooms in the Northeast.

"Thoreau would be proud," wrote E. M. Swift, a former Sports Illustrated writer who lives in Carlisle, Mass., and who described the conscientious objectors as "uniformly well dressed, seemingly law-abiding citizens."

"They are willfully, determinately, civilly disobeying the law of the land,” Mr. Swift wrote in an essay for Boston’s National Public Radio station, adding that authorities were turning a blind eye to illegally parked cars and folks on the walking trails.

Federal resistance

The Associated Press reported that nearly two dozen people have been cited for entering Grand Canyon National Park during the shutdown.  The Jacob Lake Inn, at a key crossroads above the north rim of the Grand Canyon, is losing business because of the shutdown. Matt Rich, one of the family owners, said this is the peak month and the make-or-break season, but 25 of the inn's 62 rooms were empty Tuesday.

He said the inn isn’t trying to run afoul of the rules, but if visitors ask, they will receive directions to Forest Service roads that provide glimpses of the canyon without entering the park.

“We have people that are outraged — people from other countries who have spent considerable time and money to get here, you know, the Grand Canyon is one of the wonders of the world. So when we make them aware there are other views they can see from Forest Service land, they come back and hug us because we saved their vacation,” Mr. Rich said.

He said one newlywed couple had planned to make their honeymoon trip a journey through all of the national parks in Utah and the Grand Canyon. They have been reduced to making the trip and taking photos in front of the “closed” signs posted at each park.
What a Face
Back to top Go down

Government Closings in the Not News
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next