HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What are you smoking?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:37 pm

JimInks wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
JimInks wrote:
Home and exhausted after a long road, but I had a great day. M'lady and I went Richmond, Va., and were given a two hour personal tour of the Sutliff factory today, and they also gifted me a fair amount of tobaccos. The people there couldn't possibly have been nicer to us, and I learned a great deal about the company, and how tobacco is processed. It was endlessly fascinating. When they opened the doors to processing section, I was hit with the wonderful smell of latakia! It only got better from there on, seeing the steps used to bag and/or tin tobaccos from beginning to end. The knowledge and passion for tobaccos was such a great thing to witness. Wish I had owned a video camera to record it.

And you get to smoke there, too! I smoked Old Dark Fired, Edward G. Robinson, and Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match while I was there. Again, I had a wonderful time with very good people who were generous with their time during a work day. It was one great day!
Are we to expect a detailed account of the tour complete with FANTASTIC pics? Sounds like fun !! I'm having some more Royal yacht in one of mt Charatan Special Pots .
Not sure when I'll get to do that. I have tough deadlines coming up, and I'm very tired from the almost 8 hours on the road. I'll see what I can do, though I'm sure hoping to get some sleep tonight. Only slept an hour and a half before starting my day, and can barely manage to smoke at the moment.
No hurry, just when you can get around to it as I'm sure it would be interesting Razz 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:43 pm

monbla256 wrote:
JimInks wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
JimInks wrote:
Home and exhausted after a long road, but I had a great day. M'lady and I went Richmond, Va., and were given a two hour personal tour of the Sutliff factory today, and they also gifted me a fair amount of tobaccos. The people there couldn't possibly have been nicer to us, and I learned a great deal about the company, and how tobacco is processed. It was endlessly fascinating. When they opened the doors to processing section, I was hit with the wonderful smell of latakia! It only got better from there on, seeing the steps used to bag and/or tin tobaccos from beginning to end. The knowledge and passion for tobaccos was such a great thing to witness. Wish I had owned a video camera to record it.

And you get to smoke there, too! I smoked Old Dark Fired, Edward G. Robinson, and Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match while I was there. Again, I had a wonderful time with very good people who were generous with their time during a work day. It was one great day!
Are we to expect a detailed account of the tour complete with FANTASTIC pics? Sounds like fun !! I'm having some more Royal yacht in one of mt Charatan Special Pots .
Not sure when I'll get to do that. I have tough deadlines coming up, and I'm very tired from the almost 8 hours on the road. I'll see what I can do, though I'm sure hoping to get some sleep tonight. Only slept an hour and a half before starting my day, and can barely manage to smoke at the moment.
No hurry, just when you can get around to it as I'm sure it would be interesting Razz 
Yup. This.....

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:24 pm

1980s Sir Walter Raleigh in a medium bend 2002 MM Legend cob. Gonna go to bed early tonight for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canicus61

Registration date : 2013-10-16

PostSubject: Escudo Navy Deluxe!   Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:06 pm

Just finished a bowl of E N D in my favorite Peterson slightly bent apple.......was awesome.....not a huge VaPer guy (it's a change of pace smoke for me) but really enjoyed this spicy blend....nice tabac taste with just enough peppery perique for complexity.....I've been enjoying VaPers more and more lately...usually enjoy a nice balkan or british blen at night but have to say I'm glad I opened this tin and took the time to carefullly rub out the coins and pack it up!

END lives up to its classic rep....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:35 am

Rum and Maple in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:36 am

Peretti's London Flake in a 2002 medium bend smooth straight grain Karl Erik freehand with a pointy bottom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:26 am

A Taste of Summer in a straight 2012 MM Mizzou cob.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:30 am

If Jim had free access to smoking tobaccos at the factory, I'm sure Sutliff will be short on several lines this month Laughing Seriously, sounds like a grand time, and I also hope to hear more about it when you have the time, Jim

A mix of PA and Brown Rope in a Falcon (bulldog)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
JimInks

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:06 am

DrT999 wrote:
If Jim had free access to smoking tobaccos at the factory, I'm sure Sutliff will be short on several lines this month Laughing Seriously, sounds like a grand time, and I also hope to hear more about it when you have the time, Jim

A mix of PA and Brown Rope in a Falcon (bulldog)
They loaded me up with a bunch of tobacco. I told them I'd be back tomorrow for another visit. Very Happy 

Barbados Plantation in the second pipe I ever bought, a 1974 three quarter bend black sandblast etched Dr. Grabow Omega.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quang Pham

Registration date : 2013-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:20 am

SG FVF in Butz Choquin Bent Egg Carat

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:53 am

Fox and Hound in a 1975 full bend black Dunhill Shell 52021. This one is growing on me. I'm liking the flavor of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:17 am

Quang Pham wrote:
Looks like you enjoy full bodied smokes for b'fast Quang!

Me, I'm having OGS in my Sav 316 Oscar Lucite. Keeping it light to start the day.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Quang Pham

Registration date : 2013-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:57 am

Brewdude wrote:
Quang Pham wrote:
Looks like you enjoy full bodied smokes for b'fast Quang!

Me, I'm having OGS in my Sav 316 Oscar Lucite. Keeping it light to start the day.

Cheers,

RR
I suppose so RR, thanks for reminding me :Very Happy 
Packing Dunhill My Mixture in Roma Select now for second smoke today
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeterD

Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: what are you smoking?   Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:10 pm

...posting late...early AM, HOW Revelation...followed by, Capstan RR (Yellow)...then, H&H Ten-to-Midnight...now, MM 965 (1978) in a Davidoff smooth Canadian...cheers 

...up next...J. Fox Dorisco Mixture...cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
JimInks

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:21 pm

Just finished smoking South Seas in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Repeat of this morning, PA and Brown Rope, but this time in an MM Country Gentleman

-------

http://www.brothersofbriar.com/viewtopic.forum?t=25527
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online

What are you smoking?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40