HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

PS Balkan Supreme

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thomas Porculo

Registration date : 2013-10-02

PS Balkan Supreme Empty
PostSubject: PS Balkan Supreme   PS Balkan Supreme EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:12 pm

So, being new to the forum, I thought reviewing my favorite tobacco would be a good way to tell you a little about me. PS Balkan Supreme is my favorite for a number of reasons.

Flavor: Full flavored but not overpowering. Now, I do enjoy "extra full flavored" overpowering smokes like 1792 flake on a very regular basis, but I am not always in the mood for it. 1792 flake, being one of my favorites, is pretty much one-dimensional (though I enjoy the crap out of that one dimension). PS BS, however, while not particularly complex, does offer a few layers of flavors. The main reason I love this blend so much is because I thoroughly enjoy the oriental leaves, and here they are front and center. While I would not call this a Latakia bomb, I would say the Latakia is very present and very noticeable.

Aroma: One of the things I enjoy most when I smoke my pipe is when the smoke hits the tip of my nose. With this blend I get a full blast of buttery and pungent oriental, a sweet hint from, largely, cavendish, and slightly more than a touch of Latakia.

Cut: Thin ribbon that comes at the perfect moisture level. Packs easily, lights readily, and burns surprisingly cool.

Price: gets another huge plus here. At an average of 30 bucks per pound, I can buy 5 pounds at a time and have a damn tasty and enjoyable all day smoke.

I am not a one tobacco kind of guy and there are lots and lots of blends out there I enjoy tremendously. PSBS is, however, the one I would take to the proverbial desert island.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PS Balkan Supreme Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS Balkan Supreme   PS Balkan Supreme EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Welcome to BoB and IMO you are right on the money with Stokkebye's Balkan Supreme. It's a delicious tobacco very reminiscent of older vintage blends with quality leaf, superb Orientals and it's a bargain price for sure.
Thanks for the intro and review.cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PS Balkan Supreme Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS Balkan Supreme   PS Balkan Supreme EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 3:22 am

They carry this stuff for cheap at my local Tinder Box in a jar, and I like it.

I'm 99% sure it's un-tinned Balkan Sobranie, which I like a tad more. But for the price?

Great stuff.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PS Balkan Supreme Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS Balkan Supreme   PS Balkan Supreme EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:31 am

Balkan Sasieini Kyle. It's good stuff. Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme is great stuff too Smile 

Thomas Porculo

Registration date : 2013-10-02

PS Balkan Supreme Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS Balkan Supreme   PS Balkan Supreme EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 8:47 am

It's the bulk version of Balkan Sasieni.
Still haven't had a chance to try the new Sobranie, flies off the shelves as soon as there is any stock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PS Balkan Supreme Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS Balkan Supreme   PS Balkan Supreme EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 11:46 am

Great review! I believe Butera Pelican is the same stuff too. Its good! I opened a tin of Pelican the day before last. Lats seem to hit the spot these days.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PS Balkan Supreme Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS Balkan Supreme   PS Balkan Supreme EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Balkan Sasieini Kyle. It's good stuff. Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme is great stuff too Smile 
Thomas Porculo wrote:
It's the bulk version of Balkan Sasieni.

5)   Sorry.   That's what I meant.    I swear.  

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PS Balkan Supreme Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS Balkan Supreme   PS Balkan Supreme EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 2:05 pm

Yep. This a good one. Just discovered it, as I'm just a tad slow. Gonna buy tons of it, I'm thinkin'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PS Balkan Supreme
Page 1 of 1