HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Gift For A Special Friend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Gift For A Special Friend   Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:00 pm

I had our brother Blackhorse make a knife for me to give a special friend for his birthday next week. Not only did Blackhorse make a stunning knife for me but as a bonus he threw in another beauty for my own use. Talk about value. But then that's Blackhorse, always doing more than expected and going the extra mile to insure that his customers are more than satisfied. Gotta love a guy that shows that much appreciation for his customer. The first picture is the knife for my friend. The handle is made from Thuya Burl. It's far more stunning than my poor picture shows. The next picture is of the one he sent me for my own use. He didn't tell me what wood was used in its handle but I think it's beautiful. The weight is very well balanced and it fits my hand like it grew there. Blackhorse does some astonishing work. He's making me another that will be inherited by my grandson, a toothpick with a Damascus blade. I'll post some pictures of it when he finishes it. If you want a special knife for yourself or as a gift for someone I highly recommend Blackhorse. He's a master craftsman and artist. His prices are very reasonable too.

I apologize for the quality of the pictures. A pipe smoke I am, a good photographer I'm not. Smile 

AJ

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Gift For A Special Friend   Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Beautiful knives...Blackhorse does it again, outstanding work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Gift For A Special Friend   Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:49 am

Blackhorse certainly makes a mighty fine blade alright, it never fails to impress me the love and friendship which exists here on BoB, so cool you got this for your friend AJ and even cooler that Blackhorse has sent you one for yourself too. cheers sunny 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Gift For A Special Friend   Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:46 pm

Beautiful acquisitions. Love functional art and those are top notch. Great job BH , he's always full of surprises for sure.cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com

Gift For A Special Friend
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1