HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Better selection at B&M

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Better selection at B&M   Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:29 pm

So, I posted this a while back about a local B&M getting kicked out of its current building (the flagship store for small chain of locally-owned B&Ms). Apparently, in addition to moving to an (arguably) better location downtown AND opening a shop in Akron, they've also significantly improved their tobacco selection in the location that I frequent.

Actually, they always had a fairly decent selection of pipe tobacco - lots of MacBaren, Peterson, and McClelland, but GLP, Ashton, and Dunhill were well represented too. I was in the shop earlier this week, and was shocked at their upgraded selection. They've added more GLP and McC blends then they'd previously had. Plus they now carry Cornell and Diehl, Sam Gawith, Sillem's, Erinmore, CAO (they had a very few tins lying around before, but not many), and even a little bit of Esoterica.

I asked the owner if this was just overflow from the moving/stocking of the new locations, and she confirmed that it's NOT. Apparently, they've had some requests for a greater selection and have seen decent enough sales in pipe tobacco that they decided to carry a broader (and deeper) selection. It's a beautiful thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Better selection at B&M   Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:38 pm

You're VERY fortunate to have a shop like that in your area. The "Pipe" shops around here are really just cigar stores with limited choice of 'bacca. Enjoy your good fortune Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Better selection at B&M   Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:44 pm

Your lucky to have a B&M like that close to you. The closest good selection of tinned tobacco is an hour ride from me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Better selection at B&M   Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:11 pm

Congrats at having such a wonderful shop at your finger tips. All we have in my area within a 45 min drive is head shops and if you're not into the happy hay do nothing for a pipe smoker.

Glad to have many wonderful online dealers to be able to do business with & the BoB for my "Pipe Fix".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Better selection at B&M   Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:18 pm

That's great to hear. I am lucky enough to have 3 near me that are all relatively well stocked. One in particular is a tobacco wonderland with a very nice lounge. If I lived just a bit closer to it, I'd get there more frequently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Better selection at B&M   Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:24 pm

That is awesome having a good B&M so close to you and they've improved their stocks, very cool. cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Better selection at B&M   Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Love a good B&M tobacco store. Do wish there were some in OKC, but with the local/state tobacco tax so high, buying pipe tobacco is a chore. Great cigar selections however!! Prices are a bit steep, but liveable. I like getting back to Tenn., NC, and SC for good stores and great prices!!!!! FTRPLT

Last edited by ftrplt on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Better selection at B&M   Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:49 pm

Great to hear you have a B&M close by with a well stocked pipe 'baccy selection. That pretty much doesn't even exist in WA State anymore, due to the draconian legislation and taxation.

Used to have a way great TB not too far from me who had the perfect set-up: large cigar humidor, pipe tobacco bar with the ability to sample open tins and bulk, good selection of pipes from baskets to high end, a smoking lounge which was fully appointed with overstuffed leather furniture, big screen TV, stereo system, smoke eaters, beer, booze and coffee, sandwiches, etc.

I hung out there weekly and bought several of my finest pipes from them, connected with the local pipe club (SPC), learned a lot and made a bunch of good friends.

Sadly they were literally taxed out of existence. That, plus the internet contributed to their demise.

It was what a good B&M should be all about. Hope yours goes on for many years.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
PozzSka

Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Better selection at B&M   Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:10 am

I live near this chain as well, and I have continued to purchase a tin or two when i'm in, even though they are a couple bucks more than online.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Better selection at B&M   Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:24 am

That's great! While I'd love to have a store near me, I'm also a bit glad about not having easy access to one. I think I'd spend too much money if all those goodies were just staring me in the face. Very Happy 

Still, I wouldn't complain if one came in...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
pipenewb

Registration date : 2013-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Better selection at B&M   Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:33 pm

Sounds like a trip to Akron in my future!!. Maybe when I'm up there hitting the steelhead!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PozzSka

Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Better selection at B&M   Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:47 pm

pipenewb wrote:
Sounds like a trip to Akron in my future!!.  Maybe when I'm up there hitting the steelhead!
I have to go down there when we go to my in-laws, so I try to swing by. Let me know when you're in that area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
pipenewb

Registration date : 2013-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Better selection at B&M   Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:44 pm

PozzSka wrote:
pipenewb wrote:
Sounds like a trip to Akron in my future!!.  Maybe when I'm up there hitting the steelhead!
I have to go down there when we go to my in-laws, so I try to swing by.  Let me know when you're in that area.  
Deal!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Better selection at B&M
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1