HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

BH & RR FalconWerks, Ltd.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: BH & RR FalconWerks, Ltd.    Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:21 pm

How about a little "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" muzak in the background?  What?  We can't do that?  Huh!  Gotta work on that one.

OK - let's just do the pics then.  

Here we have a series of Falcon pipes.  Three are refurbished.  One is stock.  Two were done as a set...the red and green.  The stock one is the very dark brown.  riff raff did the medium brown refurb...a VERY fine refinishing job. I did the red and green, which were done as a sort of Christmas set.  Both the red and green used Higgins India Ink as the colorant during the second coat of the two color stain process, with Feibings Black Leather Dye as the first coat.  The first coat is applied, dried then sanded back to the point where the more absorbent wood retains the color and the harder wood is bare...then the second color coat is applied, dried and buffed.  A coat of hard Carnauba Wax is buffed on and after a quick buff of the aluminum pipe base and stem assembly you're done!

Below are the pics.  Thanks for your interest...and kudos to riff raff, who did such a super job and got this whole thing going.

(riff raff offered the pipe shown here for sale at the Trading Post for $25, which is a steal.  Since no one else seemed to want it, I stepped in and picked it up.  Like most Falcons, it smokes very, very well.)

Last edited by Blackhorse on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: BH & RR FalconWerks, Ltd.    Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:06 pm

Now open up that '92 tin of McC;s Christmas Cheer to break-in those Christmas Falcons, the Ketchup is ready Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: BH & RR FalconWerks, Ltd.    Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Great pics and nice job BH!

Admittedly I've had a hard time coming round to the idea of getting a Falcon, but this just might be the motivation!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: BH & RR FalconWerks, Ltd.    Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:21 pm

Brewdude -

If you want to set up a trade, let me know. I can part with the setup in the photo...the one with the original finish. Or I could modify it to your preference.

View user profile

BH & RR FalconWerks, Ltd.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: