HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Bayou Morning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldbear58

Registration date : 2013-11-12

PostSubject: Bayou Morning   Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:01 pm

I just opened a tin of Cornell & Diehl Bayou Morning and enjoyed a bowl.

It was a pleasant experience.  The tin aroma was slightly chocklety.  The taste is like my MB Virginia #1, but with a bit more pleasant bite and a wonderful, long lasting burn on my tongue that I am guessing (novice that I am) to be a nicotine buzz.

Very hard to get and keep lit until my efforts dried it out a bit, then it smoked down to an ash.

Oldbear

Last edited by oldbear58 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.e-alloftheabove.com
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Bayou Morning   Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:30 am

oldbear58 wrote:
I just opened a tin of Cornell & Diehl Bayou Morning and enjoyed a bowl.

It was a pleasant experience.  The tin aroma was slightly chocklety.  The taste is like my MB Virginia #1, but with a bit more pleasant bite and a wonderful, long lasting burn on my tongue that I am guessing (novice that I am) to be a nicotine buzz.

Very hard to get and keep lit until my efforts dried it out a bit, then it smoked down to an ash.

Oldbear
That's NOT a "...nicotine buzz" on your tongue, just bite !! Twisted Evil  A nicotine buzz will effect your balance and sometimes your gut ( especially on an empty stomach) kinda like getting a "buzz" when you drink Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tate

Registration date : 2013-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Bayou Morning   Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:34 am

If you enjoy this blend I highly suggest giving Kajun Kake a try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sundownersailsagain.com
Aristokles

Registration date : 2010-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Bayou Morning   Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:38 am

Bayou Morning is my mainstay first bowl of the day, when I buy enough to last better than a month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geoff

Registration date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Bayou Morning   Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:16 pm

I too enjoy it and get it in 1# bulk. It isn't always every day but it is a frequent pleasure. The smoke seems to have more body than many VaPers. I think it might be fermented a bit differently. It has barnyardy hints -- in a good way; like a fermenting pile of horse and straw flooring composting. That isn't a horrid odor but I'll admit it doesn't sound that great.

Bet you won't see that analogy appear in many reviews!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aristokles

Registration date : 2010-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Bayou Morning   Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:03 am

Geoff wrote:
I too enjoy it and get it in 1# bulk. It isn't always every day but it is a frequent pleasure. The smoke seems to have more body than many VaPers. I think it might be fermented a bit differently. It has barnyardy hints -- in a good way; like a fermenting pile of horse and straw flooring composting. That isn't a horrid odor but I'll admit it doesn't sound that great.

Bet you won't see that analogy appear in many reviews!
You are correct with the last statement!
I might guess the blend reflects the stoved red virginias AND the heavy perique. (More than normal for a VaPer).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveS

Location : Where little cable cars climb halfway to the stars.
Registration date : 2013-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Bayou Morning   Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:05 pm

C&D Bayou Morning is one of my favorites ... got down to what looks to be only one more bowlful, so I ordered more which should be here af the first of the week ...

oh, and Geoff ... your description is interesting ... I've never thought of it that way, but there are a lot of guys who've used similar terms to describe the unique 'earthy' characteristic that many Cuban cigars have ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bayou Morning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1