HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Mississippi Mud

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldbear58

Registration date : 2013-11-12

PostSubject: Mississippi Mud   Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:08 am

I received and just opened a tin of Cornell & Diehl's Mississippi Mud. Being from Louisiana swamp country I can say that this reminded me of Louisiana, or at least parts of it.

Disclaimer: I am a novice and opinions should be taken with various grains of salt (I always noticed that less experienced tobacco reviewers tend to give nastier reviews and fewer stars).

It reminded me of something between burning rubber and creosote (see, very much like an old Mississippi dock). Obviously I am not adequately experienced in the appreciation of Latakias.

I should stick to Virginias.

Oldbear
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.e-alloftheabove.com
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi Mud   Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:57 am

Yeah, that would be a bad one to start with. Someone on this board once referred to Mississippi Mud as an "abomination."

Not to be confused with Mississippi River which is a really good, well balanced and much lighter latakia blend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aristokles

Registration date : 2010-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi Mud   Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:00 am

I like Mississippi Mud...in the afternoon with a couple fingers worth of sippin' whiskey. Never in the A.M. and rarely as a night cap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blr1911

Registration date : 2013-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi Mud   Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:40 am

oldbear58 wrote:
I received and just opened a tin of Cornell & Diehl's Mississippi Mud. Being from Louisiana swamp country I can say that this reminded me of Louisiana, or at least parts of it.

Disclaimer: I am a novice and opinions should be taken with various grains of salt (I always noticed that less experienced tobacco reviewers tend to give nastier reviews and fewer stars).

It reminded me of something between burning rubber and creosote (see, very much like an old Mississippi dock). Obviously I am not adequately experienced in the appreciation of Latakias.

I should stick to Virginias.

Oldbear
Haha! Yeah, I was there recently. I picked up the briar in college, quite for 10 years, then got back into it a couple years ago. When I got back into it, I had a TON of perfectly aging 'bacs. So I cracked open a mason jar full of Royal Yacht, and proceeded to almost ruin my return. I had to step back to the easy stuff first, even with 6 or 7 years of smoking under my belt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mississippi Mud
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1