HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

How often do you go to the doctor?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
chris

Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the doctor?    Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:27 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
Like Loco Pony, only if blood is exiting me quicker then I can slow it down and or there are 3 large gentlemen dragging me. Cool 
loco pony wrote:
When injured beyond my ability in first aid.
GeoffC wrote:
I do an annual 7 year visit Very Happy 
All of the above - as infrequently as possible
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soonersoftail

Registration date : 2013-11-20

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the doctor?    Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:04 pm

I go to a doctor only when I feel like I will die if I don't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the doctor?    Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:05 pm

chris wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
Like Loco Pony, only if blood is exiting me quicker then I can slow it down and or there are 3 large gentlemen dragging me. Cool 
loco pony wrote:
When injured beyond my ability in first aid.
GeoffC wrote:
I do an annual 7 year visit Very Happy 
All of the above - as infrequently as possible
Good to see your still around my friend, don't be such a stranger.Cool 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the doctor?    Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Been about ten years, need to get a colonoscopy but I've been putting it off. Need to get on it , colon cancer runs in the family. Other than that I'm not a big fan of paying money to fix what ain't broke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the doctor?    Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:40 pm

I don't want to sound like an alarmist but staying away from the doctor may not be the wisest thing. I would refuse to go to the doctor for years. Thought it a waste of time and money. Then came the time I had bronchial pneumonia and was force to go. While being treated for pneumonia they discovered I had a demon of a disease. Still being treated and lots of damage has been done. Things would have been a lot simpler had it been discovered a couple of years earlier and it could have been found with a few common lab tests. The price that I continue to pay for my stubbornness is extremely expensive. It's a constant battle everyday to survive. The major cost has been paid by my family in terms of the pain and emotional upheavals they endure every time there's a crisis. Hopefully every member here is in excellent health but there is a chance that some demon has made a home within your body. My advice is go to the doctor twice a year and have the usual labs run and take his advice for healthy living. Save your family some pain and grief. Smile 

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the doctor?    Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Excellent advice AJ, & I agree.

Ian - the worst thing about a colonoscopy is having to drink the Golytely. That's right, pronounced (Go lightly). Laughing  As if the whole procedure isn't humiliating enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonslayer

Registration date : 2013-10-13

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the doctor?    Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:41 pm

With the medications I need to basically move around and actually do things I have a pain management contract and see my doctor every 30 days. Each visit he throws in a test for one thing or another. It's funny that people complain about having random urine tests. I actually have about 3 a year to prove I'm taking the medication and not selling it. Suspect 

Craig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cigarsarge

Registration date : 2010-05-23

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the doctor?    Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:53 pm

Twice a year...Lately I have been fighting a thing. Have gone a couple times a week for the past 4 months. Getting released Dec. 2nd to resume normality.cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saint Peter

Registration date : 2013-07-08

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the doctor?    Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:02 pm

Every three months. Stroked out in 2006 and go back every three months for them to tell me I'm still alive. I find their assessment moderately reassuring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgtarheel

Registration date : 2011-09-13

PostSubject: How often do you go to the doctor?   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:40 pm

Went today for a stress test, doctor said that the tests confirmed that I was an old, fat, healthy guy! Told him thanks and that I would see him again in about 5 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the doctor?    Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:40 pm

Though I'd like to thumb my nose at the entire profession, doctors, when used cautiously, aren't such a bad lot. No, I don't go very often because of the expense. I have to watch every cent. How else can I afford pipes, pipe tobacco and fine cigars?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the doctor?    Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:12 pm

If you're talkin' visiting your GP; I go when something hurts badly!!!!! I may see him once a year or 3-4 times a year. Just depends. Now, being a cancer survivor; I see my Urologist twice a year closely followed by my Oncologist a few days later. Dentist....I get my toothies cleaned four times a year by choice.
I will offer this bit of advice to the younger male  generation. Do get a physical every five yrs. or so. At some point after 40, start getting a PSA test to establish a base-line. If things seem out of whack, get thee to a Urologist and have a "finger wave" exam!! You may not like it (who does??), but it sure beats the hell out of hearing "Uh Oh!!" from your doctor!!!!! FWIW, FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the doctor?    Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:22 pm

ftrplt wrote:
You may not like it (who does??)
Don't judge...

Razz 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flyguy

Registration date : 2013-11-23

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the doctor?    Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Once a year to the doc and dentist for me.
I agree the "scouring process" for the colonoscopy is the worst part!bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonslayer

Registration date : 2013-10-13

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the doctor?    Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:06 pm

ftrplt wrote:
Do get a physical every five yrs. or so. At some point after 40, start getting a PSA test to establish a base-line. If things seem out of whack, get thee to a Urologist and have a "finger wave" exam!! You may not like it (who does??), but it sure beats the hell out of hearing "Uh Oh!!" from your doctor!!!!! FWIW, FTRPLT
In this day and age there's no reason not to get tested, caught early you've got a good chance of coming out fine. All they do is draw blood once a year. I get a Colonoscopy and a Upper GI endoscopy every two to three years. My grandparents died of stomach and colon cancer which puts me at high risk. No more drinking a gallon of disgusting liquid, a bunch of pills and some serious toilet time for two days. Then you're put in twilight so your out cold. Now in the old days you had to experience the whole thing, that would suck!

Craig
Back to top Go down
View user profile

How often do you go to the doctor?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2