HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Bob Davison

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Essydee

Registration date : 2013-11-19

PostSubject: Bob Davison   Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:43 am

Hello guys,

I`m new on the board. I`ll introduce myself in the right topic one of the days.
But I registered here because I have a question. About a year a go I contacted Bob Davison to make me a pipe. He put me on his prospect list. I`ve been trying to mail him for the past 6 months, but he doesn`t respond anymore. At this moment I don`t care about the pipe, I just wonder if Bob is ok. Does anybody of you know more about Bob? I hope nothing is wrong with him.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skaukatt

Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Bob Davison   Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:50 pm

I too have commissioned a pipe from Bob over the last two years, in fact my son did as well. He completed the pipe for my son about a year ago, and it is a beauty, but has not been able to complete mine. I have been in touch with him last in July of this year and he was/is dealing with an illness which prevented/s him from working in the shop. I hope that he is OK. I commissioned a beautiful pipe from him in 2011 which turned out beautifully - see below, an Eskimo/Ukelele.

I'm waiting on a commissioned copy of the pipe that Bo Nordh is smoking (the one with the crack on the bowl rim) in some of the photos circulating around the web. Bengt Carlson makes the pipe but I had asked Bob to make me a knock-off. It is still in progress.

I can say that his work is top notch and you will not be disappointed in the least. The pipe he made for me smokes wonderfully and is one gorgeous piece of briar.

If you hear from him please let me know and I'll do the same.

Lou

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com
Essydee

Registration date : 2013-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Bob Davison   Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:16 pm

Thanks for the info. I comissioned an eskimo as well. At this point Im not concerned about the pipe, Im concerned something is wrong with Bob. It never took him this long to answer my mails.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skaukatt

Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Bob Davison   Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Essydee wrote:
Thanks for the info. I comissioned an eskimo as well. At this point Im not concerned about the pipe, Im concerned something is wrong with Bob. It never took him this long to answer my mails.
Indeed. Please advise if you hear from him and I'll do same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Bob Davison   Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:31 am

Essydee & Skaukatt (Lou),

I spoke with Bob last week.
Please PM me and I will give you an update.

Regards,
Sean aka "DoverPipes"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cigarsarge

Registration date : 2010-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Bob Davison   Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:19 pm

I had one pipe commissioned by him...A Long Stemmed Rhodesian. Great pipe. I emailed him to do another a few months ago with no response. Hope he gets better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bob Davison
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: