HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SteveS

SteveS

Location : Where little cable cars climb halfway to the stars.
Registration date : 2013-11-19

Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? Empty
PostSubject: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:28 am

Just wondering, probably because I'm the best cook at our house, how many here are good cooks ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 7:01 am

I don't know if I'm a good cook, but I am a great eater!! lol! 

I do make the best (and I mean the best) scrambled eggs - seriously. Good with grilling steaks too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 10:52 am

I've been known to make a mean Tuna Fish and Jelly sandwich.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
the rev

the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 1:15 pm

I am a good cook. I do a lot of things, but probably am most comfortable doing Indian and Thai curries

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
mejoshee

mejoshee

Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 1:39 pm

While I am Asian-American, I actually much prefer European food. Most things I make are good and I'm the "chef" of the house (as opposed to cook).

My creme brulee, and assorted other things have ruined people (including myself). We had French onion soup & creme brulee maybe 4-5 times when we were in France this past Sept, but never was it as good as mine. Twisted Evil

I can't make wine though. That is another story...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:22 pm

Pasta, steaks, burgers, soups, ribs, waffles. Very Happy 

[img]Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? Waffle10[/img]

[img]Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? Soup10[/img]

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:28 pm

I am the chef at my house, and Cooking is one of my favorite past times. I think I am a good cook, but I know a few people that I have learned a lot from who are ridiculously awesome.

I started cooking around age 15. Up until I moved out of my parents house I made dinner for my family 3-4 nights out of the week. From Sauerkraut to Souffle, I can make it.

When it comes right down to it, I love cooking Mexican, Cuban and South American cuisine. I have perfected a Pazole recipe and red enchilada sauce that would make you think I was a Mexican Grandmother. Laughing

I don't enjoy baking. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:29 pm

I consider myelf to be a pretty good cook cause lets face it what other food group is really needed that can't be cooked with a rib steak on the BBQ.lol! lol! 

I do enjoy making a good beef & barley or clam chowder soup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rothnh

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:42 pm

I love to cook and enjoy making many kinds of dishes from a wide variety of cuisines.

My son's an executive chef and my daughter owns her own cakes & cookies business, so I must have done something right Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Growley

Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:40 pm

I'm the cook at our house. I make some awesome personal pizzas (dough from scratch), and what I think is the best steak you can get. ...but I'm pretty partial to my own steaks. I like 'em Pittsburgh style with plenty of spice on the outside.

I don't have any original recipes or anything like that, and wouldn't win in any kind of competitions. I just end up making the majority of our food in the house.

Oh, I make some decent fajitas too.

...now I'm hungry...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
rothnh

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:54 pm

Growley wrote:

I don't have any original recipes or anything like that, and wouldn't win in any kind of competitions. I just end up making the majority of our food in the house.

Oh, I make some decent fajitas too.

...now I'm hungry...
My momma told me, when I first took an interest in cooking, that to be a good cook, one first has to have a passion for food and truly enjoy making good food.

BTW, I love fajitas Wink 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 7:27 pm

My secret weapon for fastastic REAL BBQ?

A Weber Smokey Mountain.
It does the work and I get the credit. Twisted Evil 

Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? Weber_10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rothnh

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 7:53 pm

That Weber is awesome!

I have a Brinkmann electric smoker and I'm pleased with it's performance.  It's not as large as some (like your Weber) but it's easy to use.  The Brinkmann is not for the "BBQ masters" among us, but I find it a good solution and easy to use.

Last edited by rothnh on Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tate

Tate

Registration date : 2013-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 7:55 pm

After Thanksgiving my friends bring me their turkey carcuses and dripping, frozen. They know that this means I'll probably make a stock out of them and give them a cut of the gumbo or soup or gravy that comes out of it.

My wife probably married me because of my roux based dishes.

I make the best spaghetti in the world despite being a coon ass and not an Italian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sundownersailsagain.com
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 9:10 pm

rothnh wrote:
I have a Brinkmann electric smoker and I'm pleased with it's performance.
Hey - nothing wrong with that Brinkmann. It was my first smoker and I cooked many a fine meal with that thing. Cool 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:00 am

Hillbilly cast iron cooking for me. I love it and like to treat my family with wonderful meals (their meaning, not mine).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jefe1037

jefe1037

Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:11 pm

I've been working in restaurants since I was 16, and have been in the kitchen with my mom from day 1. I won a competition in 4th grade with my corn bread recipenand my mom switched to mine. (Better than mom's being the best compliment one can give, I am still flattered to this day) Since New year's, wifey and I have been cooking up a storm. I can do real fancy, or nice and simple. The passion for food is deeply instilled in me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:

Suspect mean is certainly one word for it

My wife is the super cook, but we are both comfortable in the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
flyguy

flyguy

Registration date : 2013-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:44 pm

I do all of the cooking in our house. My wife does the cleaning. A great arrangement!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:49 pm

gravel wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:

Suspect mean is certainly one word for it

My wife is the super cook, but we are both comfortable in the kitchen.

Hey! Don't knock it till you've tried it. Of course not just anyone can make it, ya gotta know which side gets Grape Jelly and which gets Mayonnaise.
These use to be my favorite sandwich years ago and I'd chase them down with a strawberry Milk. Yummy! Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? 710492 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
smg913

smg913

Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 6:10 pm

I don't know if I am a good cook but I do most of the cooking (90%) in the house. Granted it is just my wife and I. I have graduated from making dinner that consist of all the ingredients mixed in a bowl to having three separate dishes at dinner. tonight I am making stuffed potatoes, boiling chicken breast shredding them and making BBQ chicken which will be placed on top of the potatoes, and I will be baking broccoli and butternut squash in a olive and garlic and of course brown rice.
Now if I can just time it so the dishes are done at the same time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aristokles

Registration date : 2010-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 7:55 pm

I am Hellenic-American.
ALL Greek men think they can cook.
My wife agrees and endorses this myth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d4klutz

d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 10:20 pm

I usually do the cooking in my house. I make a very good, spicy brisket (smoked) i grill a lot But make awesome pancakes, and omlets as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://d4klutz.blogspot.com
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:30 am

I do all the cooking in our house. I'm great in the kitchen, and dynamite with seafood.

But unless its fish, I can't grill to save my life.  No 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

Briarbabe

Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?   Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ? EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 11:18 pm

Without tooting my own horn, I am quite good in the kitchen. I enjoy cooking for others. I enjoy watching things come together. I enjoy experimenting. Most of all, I enjoy the compliments from those eating. Cooking for me is 60% feeding my body and 40% feeding my ego. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com

Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next