HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Posting an Avatar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NSfisher

Registration date : 2013-11-26

PostSubject: Posting an Avatar   Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:53 am

How do I post an Avatar? Site says it is up to the Administrator, so how do I go about contacting this person?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Posting an Avatar   Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:40 am

If memory serves I believe you need a minimum of 10 posts before you can have an avatar here. sunny 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Posting an Avatar   Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:58 am

Neither of which is true.  (At least I haven't seen those options.)  I explained it the other day and here it is again.  

Quote :
I thought we had a howto. But I don't see it.

Go to: Profile, then Avatar, at that point it tells you the size restrictions. I use The Gimp to resize my pics and save them as JPG files at about 85% so the size is also small, but they look reasonably large. You can browse to your file on your computer and upload. There are other options. If you have trouble resizing, you can email it to me and I will email it back to you. I'll do it as fast as I can, but it might be a few hours.

Welcome!
Any trouble, pm me, or email me the pic you want as an avatar and I will resize it and send it back ASAP.

A quick note about The Gimp.  With the current version, it's free, you save in The Gimp native format and then export to a jpeg or jpg file.  Some folks get frustrated with that.  But it's actually easy once figured out. Or you can use Photoshop or some other program you may be familiar with.

Later
Carlos

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Posting an Avatar   Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:07 am

Admins and Mods can be seen at the bottom when we are logged in. I don't know of an actual posted list. Maybe one of us will do that sometime. Happy Turkey Day! sunny 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Posting an Avatar   Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:28 am

Carlos wrote:
Neither of which is true.  (At least I haven't seen those options.)  I explained it the other day and here it is again.
Ha, just goes to show you what I know, could have sworn that was the case, ah well, aint the first time I was wrong and no doubt wont be the last. sunny 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Posting an Avatar   Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:48 am

Well, he read something, a help file some place that said it was up to an Admin. I think what they meant and didn't explain was, that an Admin can decide if he/she wants avatars or not. Not sure we can place a post number limit. Some of the help files are pretty generic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Posting an Avatar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: