Parker Baccyflap

Go down 
AuthorMessage
herbinedave

herbinedave

Registration date : 2012-03-14

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 1:54 pm

I have been on the hunt for one of these for many years.  This little piece of bakelite is not the easiest pipe collectible to come across.  I found this one on eprey last week at a very reasonable price and did the BIN.  I waited for the package to see if I did alright and lo and behold I did!
Parker Baccyflap _12_210

Last edited by herbinedave on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 2:00 pm

Nice catch. I tried to obtain one for several months and kind of lost interest as the prices got out of hand.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
Hawker

Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Got tired of getting out bid on these myself and when I quit checking regularly sure as sh!! you miss out.

Upside at least it went to a Brother. Congrats on a fine purchase Dave.cheers
Back to top Go down
rothnh

Registration date : 2012-08-26

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 4:39 pm

Nice score, on a real treasure -- congratulations, Dave!
Back to top Go down
herbinedave

herbinedave

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 9:28 pm

I was extremely lucky as I saw this listing as soon as it was posted. I didn't even think about it. I just did the BIN and waited for it to be in my hands.
Back to top Go down
rothnh

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 9:40 pm

Sounds like a great move, Dave.

Hey this is an item no longer produced. Again, a great score so WTG Wink 
Back to top Go down
PlateauGuy

PlateauGuy

Registration date : 2013-11-22

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 12:11 pm

I was bidding on one at the bay but alas, I was outbid. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 11:01 pm

Has anyone seen these?
Beautiful Briar copies/reproductions, a bit expensive but, no more then a good pipe with the same amount of wood.  
BaccyFlap
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Ocelot55

Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 1:15 am

Anthony Harris makes those. He is probably the most talented wood turner I've ever seen. I'd rather have one of his versions than the real deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jonespipes.com
RDPipes

RDPipes

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 9:48 am

Ocelot55 wrote:
Anthony Harris makes those. He is probably the most talented wood turner I've ever seen. I'd rather have one of his versions than the real deal.

I agree sir, there just beautiful!
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 12:51 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
Has anyone seen these?
Beautiful Briar copies/reproductions, a bit expensive but, no more then a good pipe with the same amount of wood.  
BaccyFlap

Nice looking pieces of work. I could not find a price listed and you stated they are a bit expensive, so how much are they?
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 12:53 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
Has anyone seen these?
BaccyFlap

Nice looking pieces of work. I could not find a price listed and you stated they are a bit expensive, so how much are they?

Look just under the 1st photo, it's $175 although I'd contact him to verify it.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 1:21 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
Has anyone seen these?
BaccyFlap

A bit more than I would have available but I'm sure they are well worth his price. Oh well  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 2:30 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
Has anyone seen these?
BaccyFlap

A bit more than I would have available  but I'm sure they are well worth his price. Oh well  Crying or Very sad 
Understood, now if they were about $65 maybe $75 I might go for one.
But, lets face it, I really haven't a use for one since I do no traveling of any sort.
Back to top Go down
herbinedave

herbinedave

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 2:51 pm

Even though the briar ones are nice, I believe I will stick with my nice bakelite one I paid $27.00 for!
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 3:09 pm

herbinedave wrote:
Even though the briar ones are nice, I believe I will stick with my nice bakelite one I paid $27.00 for!

You certainly stole I mean got a good deal on that one considering as low as I've seen is $50 for one. Congratulations sir!  cheers
Back to top Go down
rothnh

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 3:16 pm

I've seen the bakelites go for more than $80.  While rare, they can occasionally be found for a lot less -- like Dave's acquisition and like this one, sold in  in July on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parker-BaccyFlap-Tobacco-Container-/300932863610
Back to top Go down
herbinedave

herbinedave

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 3:21 pm

In all honesty when I bought mine, baccyflap was spelled wrong and it was the middle of the week. It was a BIN and I was the first guy to see it, I assume.
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Nice haul! I've always wondered why they call it a Baccy flap, though. It's more like a container, no flap anywhere!  lol!

-Yak
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 6:28 pm

herbinedave wrote:
In all honesty when I bought mine, baccyflap was spelled wrong and it was the middle of the week.  It was a BIN and I was the first guy to see it, I assume.

That's the way ya find the deals sir! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

Parker Baccyflap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parker Baccyflap   Parker Baccyflap EmptyTue May 27, 2014 3:21 pm

If people are willing to spend good money on these perhaps I'll have to list mine in the trading post shortly. It's cool but I could do without. What I find weird is that the male threaded half is the half with the nomenclature on it. The male threads create a lip that is better for holding the tobacco when you open it imo. So when I open it the nomenclature is down. I would have reversed it. I'd make you look at my logo everytime you opened it.
Back to top Go down

Parker Baccyflap
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: