HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hello from a newbie in Tasmania!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MikeFolks

Registration date : 2014-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie in Tasmania!   Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:29 pm

Haha, never thought about that flyguy, but I suppose we do! It's strange, but it seems like the farther south or north you go in Australia, the more drawlified(probably not a word) the speech becomes  Very Happy 

fraternally,

Mike.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dramatwist

Registration date : 2013-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie in Tasmania!   Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:33 am

MikeFolks wrote:
Hello there brothers!
So glad that I found this site. I've been a cigarette smoker for about fourteen years, and am looking forward to giving them up and concentrating on the pipe. Every time I see someone smoking a pipe, they look so content and at peace. Almost as if they know some deep secret or truth about the universe. That is something I want from my tobacco use, not the rushed sucking down of a durrie.
I've been lurking around the site for about a week now, and am amazed at the depth of knowledge and spirit of comradeship. I've already learned so much!
I've just received a Savinelli Piazza di spagna(111KS) from Smokingpipes.com, along with their five pack of Dunhill blends and a few accessories. I have only smoked it twice now (MM965), but am loving the flavors as well as the meditative process.
Anyway, I can't wait to join in on the conversations around here, and be a part of this community.

Fraternally,

Mike Folks

Welcome! A bunch of good folks around here... glad to have another!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie in Tasmania!   Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:45 pm

Welcome, Mike. You're off to a great start if you associate pipe smoking with relaxation, which I'd say is the best reason of the many one could give for an interest in pipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie in Tasmania!   Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:18 am

Hi Mike,

I have some local friends that were just out your way. Well, relatively speaking. They boarded the ship "Braveheart" at Freemantle and are now just past halfway to Amsterdam Island in the south central Indian Ocean. They are on a ham radio DXpedition. Amsterdam Island hasn't been active for over a decade, so it's a big thing for us ham radio op's. The Braveheart passed Tasmania about two weeks ago from New Zealand on their way to Freemantle. Interesting part of the world down there.

Later
Carlos

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikeFolks

Registration date : 2014-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie in Tasmania!   Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:05 am

Wow Carlos! Sounds like the trip of a lifetime! Lots of adventure to be had down this way  Very Happy 

So I've been piping for a couple of weeks now, starting to get the hang of it. Just have to remind myself to slow down! Quickly realized that I would have to get some more pipes if I wanted more than one pipe a day, so now I'm waiting on a bag of ten smokable seconds to show up from Missouri Meerschaum. Oh, and another Sav and some tobacco from Smokingpipes  Very Happy  Looking like a good month for me!

fraternally

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hello from a newbie in Tasmania!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2