HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

lat-gar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: lat-gar   Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:05 pm

Pipes and Cigars is advertising a new cigar named Spectre made with some latakia in the mix.

Sound like a good idea?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern Neil

Registration date : 2012-12-27

PostSubject: Re: lat-gar   Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:24 pm

I have to say I would be curious to try one of these. Probably would want to store it in a humidor though. I could see all the cigars taking on a smokey flavor!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveS

Location : Where little cable cars climb halfway to the stars.
Registration date : 2013-11-19

PostSubject: Re: lat-gar   Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:56 pm

40 years ago, I learned that the common ingredient in blends I didn't like was Latakia ... no disrespect to the many smokers who DO like it ... individual taste is, well ... individual.

I saw the email from P&C ... also noted that these Lat cigars are rather pricey ... so, not buying these cigars will also save me $$ ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipaRiley

Registration date : 2014-04-03

PostSubject: Re: lat-gar   Sat May 03, 2014 8:51 pm

Sounds like it could be interesting. It also sounds like it could be a bit overwhelming. Drew Estate makes a a cigar called the Kentucky Fire Cured or KFC. It's not bad, but I find it a little one note. The "fire curing" washes out the natural flavor of the cigar tobacco in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ebay.com/usr/updownchicago
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: lat-gar   Sat May 03, 2014 8:54 pm

If they came up with a PerGar (Perique) I might actually join the haughty ranks of cigardom.  Laughing 

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: lat-gar   Sat May 03, 2014 10:11 pm

I have tried these and I must admit that I enjoyed them. The only downside is that they are a short filler cigar. The flavor of the latakia blends very well and imparts a slight smokey-creamy hint to the smoke. If you like cigars and you like latakia you should try them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: lat-gar   Sat May 03, 2014 10:17 pm

MisterE wrote:
If they came up with a PerGar (Perique) I might actually join the haughty ranks of cigardom.  Laughing 

I believe drew estate makes a cigar that has leaves from "St. James Parrish." Or at least I think I remember reading a description as such. We all know that means Perique.

Now if I could only remember what cigar it was... scratch 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
nismo270r

Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Re: lat-gar   Sun May 11, 2014 12:16 am

Ocelot55 wrote:
MisterE wrote:

I believe drew estate makes a cigar that has leaves from "St. James Parrish." Or at least I think I remember reading a description as such. We all know that means Perique.

Now if I could only remember what cigar it was... scratch 

The Naturals line from Drew Estate is what you're thinking. For a "flavored, but not flavored" cigar, they're actually not too bad. Could do without the sweetened tip too. I remember the first one I tried was a Dirt Torpedo, and I was like, "This tastes strangely familiar, but not from a cigar" Got to reading the blend descriptions on the web and viola...St. James Parrish made sense!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

lat-gar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Humidor-
Jump to: