HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Pipe Shops in North Texas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anasazi6

avatar

Location : Texas
Registration date : 2013-01-16

PostSubject: Pipe Shops in North Texas   Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:18 pm


I will be going to the Wichita Falls, Texas area in a few weeks and probably returning by way of Sherman. Does anyone know of any good pipe shops in this area?

DC in Texas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Shops in North Texas   Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:30 pm

Anasazi6 wrote:

I will be going to the Wichita Falls, Texas area in a few weeks and probably returning by way of Sherman. Does anyone know of any good pipe shops in this area?

DC in Texas

There's the Edward's over in Dallas, they sell a LOT of cigars  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  Pipe shops in this state are pretty much an extinct animal at least compared to what they were 30 years ago  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

avatar

Age : 71
Location : Southeast Michigan
Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Shops in North Texas   Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:05 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Anasazi6 wrote:

I will be going to the Wichita Falls, Texas area in a few weeks and probably returning by way of Sherman. Does anyone know of any good pipe shops in this area?

DC in Texas

There's the Edward's over in Dallas, they sell a LOT of cigars  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  Pipe shops in this state are pretty much an extinct animal at least compared to what they were 30 years ago  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

It really is sad, isn't it. For guys that go back as far as you and I do, we can remember when almost every good sized mall and fairly large town had a good pipe or tobacco shop. I am very fortunate that Flint still has Paul's Pipe Shop, one of the biggest and best in the country. His inventory is literally in the thousands and he does some of his own blending.  cheers  When I say he I mean Paul's son, Dan. As a matter of fact I am going there later today, since we have 6 inches of snow predicted for tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Shops in North Texas   Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:30 pm

There's one in Arlington, I can't remember the name, it's fairly small. I know this because it's near my stepdaughter house and we visited it once.
Just off the I-20 and south on Cooper. Nice place, just not large and it doesn't sell any of them dad-burn glass pipes and garbage like most do nowadays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
rothnh



Location : Midcoast Maine
Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Shops in North Texas   Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:44 pm

Buckshot wrote:


It really is sad, isn't it.  For guys that go back as far as you and I do, we can remember when almost every good sized mall and fairly large town had a good pipe or tobacco shop.  I am very fortunate that Flint still has Paul's Pipe Shop, one of the biggest and best in the country.  His inventory is literally in the thousands and he does some of his own blending.   cheers   When I say he I mean Paul's son, Dan.  As a matter of fact I am going there later today, since we have 6 inches of snow predicted for tomorrow.

Paul's in Flint is a great pipe shop.  If you're in the area and planning a visit, allow a few hours of time -- the folks are great, their inventory is huge, and you'll want to spend some time in the museum there.

Also, if you're looking for a hard-to-find item -- i.e., filters for a pipe that's been out of production for decades, contact Paul's -- if anyone has the item(s) you're looking for, it's Paul's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anasazi6

avatar

Location : Texas
Registration date : 2013-01-16

PostSubject: Pipe Shops in North Texas    Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:13 pm

Yeah, I remember when every drugstore in town had a large selection of inexpensive pipes and probably two dozen brands of pipe tobacco. Those days are long gone now. I think I've outlived my time.

Just a few recollections from an old codger.
DC in Texas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarFox

avatar

Location : Wyoming
Registration date : 2013-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Shops in North Texas   Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:10 pm

Tobacco Lane in downtown Fort Worth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Shops in North Texas   Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:25 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
There's one in Arlington, I can't remember the name, it's fairly small. I know this because it's near my stepdaughter house and we visited it once.
Just off the I-20 and south on Cooper. Nice place, just not large and it doesn't sell any of them dad-burn glass pipes and garbage like most do nowadays.
I live in Arlington, and sadly they've gone to being predominately a cigar store now, They have a store over in Ft. Worth they tell me that sells more "pipe stuff" . The mgr. at the Arlington store told me they couldn't compete with the internet at both stores.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Shops in North Texas   Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:27 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
There's one in Arlington, I can't remember the name, it's fairly small. I know this because it's near my stepdaughter house and we visited it once.
Just off the I-20 and south on Cooper. Nice place, just not large and it doesn't sell any of them dad-burn glass pipes and garbage like most do nowadays.
I live in Arlington, and sadly they've gone to being predominately a cigar store now, They have a store over in Ft. Worth they tell me that sells more "pipe stuff" . The mgr. at the Arlington store told me they couldn't compete with the internet at both stores.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Figures, Even though it's too far for me to go, I'm sorry to hear that.  Sad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
 
Pipe Shops in North Texas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» North Texas Preemie Needs Your Help!
» 700+ oz Milk available for donation NM (90 miles north of El Paso TX)
» NORTH AND SOUTH KOREA EXCHANGE ROCKET FIRE.
» 700+ oz milk available for donation in NM (90 miles north of El Paso, TX)
» North Nova Scotia Highlanders

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: