HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coastie3202

Coastie3202

Registration date : 2014-01-31

LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH Empty
PostSubject: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 11:51 pm

Hopefully this hasn't already been done.  Always love to see a craftsman's workbench.  You know the place where all your spare time is spent.  So for you makers and restorers out there, let's see your workbench, your inner sanctum.

I'll start.  Mine is in the garage and I have just about everything I need to stay out there for long periods of time, with the exception of the beer cooler and the throne, if ya know what I mean.  I have to confess that I did clean it up for the picture.

LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH <a href=LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH IMG_20140203_202935_zpse7c21db0" />LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH <a href=LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH IMG_20140203_202852_zpsde7f399e" />
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 1:48 am

Coastie, That's one nice shop there, mine is pretty small and I can only fit tools and the like in it.
Really love the pipes and the center piece there.
Here's a pic of my little shop, I use to restore antique electric fans and any other thing I could get my hands on. Now most things are much to heavy for me so I've been restoring  pipes for the last few years but, the dadburn fans and such are still hanging around.

LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH Dsc00611

LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH Dsc00612
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Thomas Tkach

Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 8:40 am

I'm currently in a small apartment, so restoration stuff has to get put away from the kitchen table when I'm done with it. I can't wait to have a shop like you guys some day. Maybe when I'm done with school and have a job.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 10:36 am

Here's my setup, in this Reborn Pipes blog entry:
http://rebornpipes.wordpress.com/2013/08/19/my-buffing-motor-setup/

LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH Img_20130819_214914_894

Back to top Go down
Coastie3202

Coastie3202

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 11:16 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
Coastie, That's one nice shop there, mine is pretty small and I can only fit tools and the like in it.
Here's a pic of my little shop, I use to restore antique electric fans and any other thing I could get my hands on. Now most things are much to heavy for me so I've been restoring  pipes for the last few years but, the dadburn fans and such are still hanging around.

To tell you the truth I would prefer to have your shop as it is all yours.  My shop is in the attached garage and is shared with the wife's laundry hobby area  Laughing , her car and my motorcycle.  The wife tends to get a bit touchy about the pipe smoke in the garage at times, and the damn cat loves to come in from the house and wander around the workbench when I am in the middle of something.  Yep, got plenty of room, but there are downsides.  Once I get moved back to Oregon I will be looking for property and a house that has either a detached garage or a detached work building.  Then the shop will be mine, all mine (insert evil laugh here). At that point I want to get into pipe making, which is my dream. In the mean time I cruise forums hoping to learn from the experience of our Briar Brothers.

Last edited by Coastie3202 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Coastie3202

Coastie3202

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 11:17 am

Thomas Tkach wrote:
I'm currently in a small apartment, so restoration stuff has to get put away from the kitchen table when I'm done with it. I can't wait to have a shop like you guys some day. Maybe when I'm done with school and have a job.

Patience Thomas, patience. It took me over 30 years before I got a shop, and as you probably read, it is not in the perfect location. But I love my little area of the house.
Back to top Go down
Coastie3202

Coastie3202

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 11:21 am

riff raff wrote:

I'm seeing the lines of a classic car.  Tell me more.

Oh, and hello Riff Raff, a familiar brother from PSF.
Back to top Go down
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"
Richard Hester

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 11:30 am

My little work shop
LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH A210
LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH A310
Back to top Go down
http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 11:58 am

Coastie3202 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:

To tell you the truth I would prefer to have your shop as it is all yours.  My shop is in the attached garage and is shared with the wife's laundry hobby area  Laughing , her car and my motorcycle.  The wife tends to get a bit touchy about the pipe smoke in the garage at times, and the damn cat loves to come in from the house and wander around the workbench when I am in the middle of something.  Yep, got plenty of room, but there are downsides.  Once I get moved back to Oregon I will be looking for property and a house that has either a detached garage or a detached work building.  Then the shop will be mine, all mine (insert evil laugh here).  At that point I want to get into pipe making, which is my dream.  In the mean time I cruise forums hoping to learn from the experience of our Briar Brothers.

I understand and, my shop is certainly mine. Been meaning to put up a sign on the outside that says "NO Girls Allowed"
My shop will be complete when I finally get me a little wood burner and a rocker for it's porch. Then I can kick back and have a good smoke on it anytime I feel.
And I too wish to try my hand more at making pipes, I've already got some ideas rattling around in this ole head for a few. I just have to control my PAD long enough so I can afford it. 
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Coastie3202

Coastie3202

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 1:48 pm

I sure wish this forum had a LIKE button for each post. Mods?
Back to top Go down
Coastie3202

Coastie3202

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 1:49 pm

Richard Hester wrote:
My little work shop

Yep Richard, that is what I am working on setting up once I get back to Oregon. I am jealous.
Back to top Go down
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Coastie3202 wrote:
riff raff wrote:

I'm seeing the lines of a classic car.  Tell me more.

Oh, and hello Riff Raff, a familiar brother from PSF.

That is our '79 MGB. I do car & motorcycle work in the garage, in addition to my pipe work. You can see motorcycle parts piled on the edge of that picture, I usually like my bench to be a little neater than that. My smoking area is off to the side of the cars parking, where the bike resides.
Back to top Go down
rekamepip

Registration date : 2013-10-06

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 8:24 am

Here is my work table which is an upgrade from a my portable 2x2 table with a 5 gallon bucket to sit on

LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH <a href=LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH 104_1710" />

LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH <a href=LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH 104_0710" />

LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH <a href=LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH Photo010" />

LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH <a href=LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH 100_1410" />
Back to top Go down
Coastie3202

Coastie3202

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 8:58 am

rekamepip wrote:
Here is my work table which is an upgrade from a my portable 2x2 table with a 5 gallon bucket to sit on

LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH <a href=LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH 100_1410" />

CONGRATS John.  You got a chair.   lol! 

A quick glance at the last picture and I thought there was a lobster on your table.  Then I put my glasses on.
Back to top Go down
rekamepip

Registration date : 2013-10-06

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 10:46 am

Coastie3202 wrote:

A quick glance at the last picture and I thought there was a lobster on your table.  Then I put my glasses on.
That gives me an idea
Back to top Go down
Coastie3202

Coastie3202

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:54 am

rekamepip wrote:
Coastie3202 wrote:

That gives me an idea

Oh Lord, what have I done?  5) 
Back to top Go down
gregandrews

gregandrews

Registration date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:26 pm

These are all awesome Brothers!!! Wish I could travel around and have a smoke and shoot the breeze in your shops!
Back to top Go down
Old Nate
Not Really Old
Old Nate

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH   LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:09 pm

Love these work stations. Hoping to start mine up this winter. Some of my most enjoyable pipe sessions are spent sanding a block of Briar.
Back to top Go down

LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH
Page 1 of 1