HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! Empty
PostSubject: A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT!   A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 12:04 am

So...taken earlier today while the city (Portland, Oregon) reeled under the heel of a nasty Winter snowstorm...this is a sort of tongue in cheek shot from our deck of the metal sign that's hung on the barn roofed shed since it was completed.  Like...who needs Alaska (where we lived for 8 years) when you have Oregon?

This little duster laid down a little over 6 inches. Now, after THIS Winter that may not seem like much to the rest of you out there in most of the U.S.A. And pretty much, you'd be right. I just hate to be left too much behind in anything, I guess. lol

A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! 75ce1f10-9ce6-4d7b-a608-9b4709b77822_zps0c7151fc

A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! D6bddf10A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! 29400910A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! 114e6110A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! Ddb39b10A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! Cf77ce10A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! Dd692012
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT!   A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 1:36 am

Doh!

I wore shorts here today.... lol! 

-Yak
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT!   A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 2:26 am

Yeah...but I can breathe.  Cool 

A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! D6bddf10A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! 29400910A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! 114e6110A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! Ddb39b10A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! Cf77ce10A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! Dd692012
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT!   A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:02 am

I've been watching the news/weather about that storm Dave. I'm only 400 mi or so north of that and it's missed
us completely. Was rather sunny yesterday, although a bit cold.

Seems like the greater Seattle/W. Washington area has been in a little pocket of the jet stream all winter so far.
All the storms just go east of us and hammer the midwest and eastern seaboard, or go south of us like the one that
nailed you.

In fact so far this season, we've had surprisingly little precipitation. Some of the ski areas aren't even open and they
normally are running sometime in Dec. Yet with the snowpack being so low that will certainly affect agriculture later
this year during growing season as lots of farmers in E. Washington rely on irrigation from reservoirs and lakes
fed by the snowpack.

Cheers,

RR

A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! Purple11x 2A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! Bombx10  A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! Bombx7A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! D6bddf10 A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT! 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com Online

A lovely Spring Day in Western Oregon...NOT!
Page 1 of 1