HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Andrew Thomson

Registration date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)   Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Zeno you are so kind and thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to provide some useful information. I think itís a genuine Caminetto and I can live with not knowing the date. Itís smokes so well so who cares and I didnít pay too much at just under £300. However no box or anything else provided and again I am not that bothered as I purchased it because if looked so stunning from a bria quality and actual silver stem mount perspective. Thanks again and your time has been much appreciated in helping out a new pipe novice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrew Thomson

Registration date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Problem solved   Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:33 am

Itís a new Caminetto produced by Roberto Ascorti and the year is 2017. I managed to find all the details about the new models from Smoking Pipes so at least I know itís genuine albeit not of the original A and R standing. Fantastic quality and smokes like a dream but the best I have is a Nording pipe as that smokes like heaven. Thanks again for the help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josip Klement

Registration date : 2018-06-02

PostSubject: Re: The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)   Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi guys, I have purchased this pipe today, and i would like to know how old is it and is it valuable, it can be 2 dollars or 200, i do not know anything about pipes and i would like to know if i have given too much money for it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ak2000

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)   Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:52 pm

Based on an internet search, this appears to be a more recent Caminetto "high grade" and I could be wrong, but it appears that someone carved their initials into the shank. If this is the case I would assume it makes the pipe's value pretty low from a collector's standpoint if that's what you are after. Your pictures are too large for the forum format so it will be difficult for people to see them on a mobile device.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.alphaprimecomm.com
Josip Klement

PostSubject: Re: The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)   Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:04 pm

Thank you a lot for your reply

The letters are KS and i found this in the pipepedia: Another stamp that sometimes follows the "Business" one is "KS," which from what I know means "King-size" (this could be wrong, as there are pipes stamped with KS1, KS2, and KS3).

Also here is a picture of the moustaches on the stem, maybe this helps, it is described in the pipepedia like this "Bird-in-flight" (circa 1968/69-1974/75)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ak2000

PostSubject: Re: The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)   Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:35 pm

I think the white mustache indicates more current production and the gold mustache indicates the older era, but I'm not an expert.
Back to top Go down
Josip Klement

PostSubject: Re: The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)   Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:39 pm

Okay, thank you a lot, this helped me Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ak2000

PostSubject: Re: The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)   Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:44 pm

The letters above "Caminetto" do not look like a factory stamp to me and it's an odd place for a factory stamp, but again I'm no expert.
Back to top Go down

The History of Caminetto (shapes, stamping, articles, etc.)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2