HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Calabash

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bobby Stubbs

Registration date : 2014-02-16

PostSubject: Calabash   Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:36 pm

I was working my part time job and smoking my pipe..the owner came up and gave me a Calabash pipe..he had taken in pawn years ago and found the bowl was broken under the cake..I bought a new bowl and removed the stem oxidation and polished it
This is the result
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Calabash   Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:40 pm

Very nice pipe!

I've wanted a Calabash for some time. Did you have any trouble fitting the new bowl to the gourd? I've wondered how hard replacements are to fit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Bobby Stubbs

Registration date : 2014-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Calabash   Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:37 am

Bobby Stubbs wrote:
I was working my part time job and smoking my pipe..the owner came up and gave me a Calabash pipe..he had taken in pawn years ago and found the bowl was broken under the cake..I bought a new bowl and removed the stem oxidation and polished it
This is the result
The inside of the bowl measured 52.5 mm with my digital caliper..The pipe is most likely a Pioneer
J H Lowe had a bowl in stock with those measurements..and it is a slip in fit no adjustments were needed..but if needed for a tighter fit I use a light coating of ultra copper silicone on the cork and let it dry 24 hours
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flyguy

Registration date : 2013-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Calabash   Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:14 pm

I bought a gourd calabash disaster on ebay last year with a bad stem and a broken meerschaum bowl. The bowl damage was hidden by the seller and I was able to get a partial refund. I had Mike Myers build me a new stem, ordered a new bowl from Turkey and recorked the seal to fit. The pipe was like new except it had a horrible ghost. After blowing it out with air pressure and almost a dozen salt treatments, I now own a great pipe.
Gourd calabashes smoke cool and tend to tame harsh blends. Enjoy your pipe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Calabash
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: