HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Snow forecast for the next three days

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Snow forecast for the next three days   Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:16 am

...here in Bowman. Anyone else seen white yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Snow forecast for the next three days   Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:42 am

LL wrote:

Not quite, but it's getting cold.
Down to 64 tonight. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Snow forecast for the next three days   Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:10 am

Hermit wrote:
LL wrote:

Not quite, but it's getting cold.
Down to 64 tonight. Very Happy

lol!

Yah mudda.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Snow forecast for the next three days   Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:30 am

It's going down to -5 C tonight but no precipitation in the forecast for the next several days.

I guess you're the 1st BoB to see that white... there should have been a prize or something.

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnight Blues
Vinyl`meister

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Snow forecast for the next three days   Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:30 am

No snow yet but its on the way. Got down to the mid 30s Monday night, so the snow can't be to far off. Man this summer went by so fast....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rail Man

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Snow forecast for the next three days   Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:52 am

Holy smokes! We haven't even got a killing frost over here in eastern NoDak yet! Keep the snow, I don't want to dig out the overshoes yet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lewisableidinger.com
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Snow forecast for the next three days   Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:16 am

We have seen fifties at night in NC but back up in the 80's during the day. Snow if any is a long way off!

Great to see you post Lew!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Snow forecast for the next three days   Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:36 am

I guess you guys don't even want to hear what the forecast is in Arizona today. Upper 90's and might even reach 100. Lows in the morning around 70. Now is the time of year in Arizona that you tell yourself this is why I put up with the summers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Snow forecast for the next three days   Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:53 pm

I went to work at 3 am today and actually had to put a sweater on, for about an hour or so. Winter's a comin!

Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Snow forecast for the next three days   Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:09 pm

Arrived in NY today and it is sunny and Mid 70's. Very nice. I went to Brooklyn earlier today and hung out at Rockaway Beach on Jamaica Bay for a while. Actually saw someone wind surfing in the bay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
thomas james
Italian Stallion

PostSubject: Re: Snow forecast for the next three days   Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:19 pm

No snow here, but getting cold at night. I remember some big propane bills last winter and am better prepared this year. Had a standalone propane furnace, 25,000 btu's, installed in the bedroom. Am able to shut the heat off at night in the entire rest of the house. If we run out of propane, we have two -20 down filled mummy bags and can "hunker" down in them. Been in snow storms at 11,000 ft. while backpacking. Not saying I'm tough; a little knowledge and the right equipment and a dose or two of common sense can make a difference.

Hope everyone, except Barrack, stays warm this winter.

Don't eat yeller snow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thomas james
Italian Stallion

PostSubject: Re: Snow forecast for the next three days   Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:27 pm

Speaking of micro climates; two people and a Border Collie can raise the temp in a closed off bedroom by eight degrees. JT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't you dare even think what your thinking.

Speaking of micro climates; have you guys ever heard of storing tobacco in ice chests?

This is the time of year that ewe's get high centered on snow birms. Think about it.

cheers

Last edited by thomas james on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Snow forecast for the next three days   Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:36 pm

thomas james wrote:
Speaking of micro climates; two people and a Border Collie can raise the temp in a closed off bedroom by eight degrees. JT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't you dare even think what your thinking.

Speaking of micro climates; have you guys ever heard of storing tobacco in ice chests?

cheers

Well "Three Dog Night" got their name from an old saying describing a night cold enough to invite three dogs in the bed.

As far as storing tobacco in ice chests, I've got eight coolers full of cigars. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maynard

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Snow forecast for the next three days   Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:08 pm

Im cutting wood, it will be here in the tennesse hills before long, I do look foward to the snow, we had a frost on the 4th,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Snow forecast for the next three days   Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:19 pm

Justpipes wrote:
Arrived in NY today and it is sunny and Mid 70's. Very nice. I went to Brooklyn earlier today and hung out at Rockaway Beach on Jamaica Bay for a while. Actually saw someone wind surfing in the bay.
The weather in NYC has been uncanny the past week, and more of the same for this week. Beautiful but very unusual. (I'm just glad my tomatoes have another week without frost.)

When the snow does come to the city, it ain't the snow that's the trouble--it's the ice and the foot-deep potholes filled with dirty slush.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Snow forecast for the next three days   Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:36 pm

I live in the foothills of the Rockies, elevation 7,800 feet. Currently we are seeing temps just below 30 degrees at night, and the low 60's during the day. I have already seen snow in the high country (above, say, 11,000 feet), and that was two weeks or three weeks ago. I suspect Crested Butte will see some snow up high, as it rained for most of today down here in Gunnison. (I went fishing anyhow.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Snow forecast for the next three days
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1