HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Little Pocket Grayhound

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coastie3202

Coastie3202

Registration date : 2014-01-31

Little Pocket Grayhound Empty
PostSubject: Little Pocket Grayhound   Little Pocket Grayhound EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 6:31 pm

I got this little Grayhound off eBay recently.  What I did not realize was how small this thing is as they pics on eBay offered nothing in the shot to judge scale, but at $9.00 I figured what the hell.

Little Pocket Grayhound IMG_20140223_141942_zps6800befd

Too small to smoke, without burning the end of your nose when trying to light it, so decided to remove the finish, do some fun rustification, put a new finish on it, then sit it on the shelf.  Provided me with a couple hours of entertainment so what the hell.  I think I had pipes this small when I was a teen.  :tease:

Little Pocket Grayhound IMG_20140227_130528_zps0fea187eLittle Pocket Grayhound IMG_20140227_130119_zps7453b8af
Back to top Go down
Thomas Tkach

Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Little Pocket Grayhound   Little Pocket Grayhound EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 10:14 pm

I'd smoke a pipe that size! Great for quick car trips!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Little Pocket Grayhound   Little Pocket Grayhound EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 10:43 pm

One of the first pipes I ever had was one about that size. It was a great smoker. I can't recall the name offhand, but it couldn't have been more than four inches long. It was lost in a move years ago along with about twenty other pipes. Shame...

-Yak
Back to top Go down
AJ

AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Little Pocket Grayhound   Little Pocket Grayhound EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:39 pm

I think I read somewhere eBay sellers are "suppose" to put something in the picture of the article being sold to show scale. I really like what you did to you little gem. It's a vast improvement in my opinion. Like you I would have it sitting on a shelf somewhere as a display of my major interest. I'd say you got a good deal for $9.00.  Smile 

AJ
Back to top Go down

Little Pocket Grayhound
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: