HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:13 pm

Yesterday at this time it was around 78 degrees, sun was shining and the birds were singing and, I was sitting out on my porch enjoying a bowl of Semois LB relaxing in my rocking chair thinking it couldn't get better then this. Ah! Spring is here, goodbye ole man Winter.Very Happy 
TODAY! it's 30 degrees and dropping, breeze blowing and it's raining? I'm sitting on my porch TRYING to enjoy a bowl of Dorchester and a hot cup o Joe. And now the Thunder is moving in. Weather man say's it's going to be this way at least till the end of the week OR until Rob shuts the dadburn door. Suspect 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:53 pm

I'm wearing shorts as I write this.  sunny Cool 

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:00 pm

It's getting hard to not take this winter personally, isn't it? If I have to blame someone, it might as well be Rob.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:07 pm

"...This will teach them to smoke Aro's !!" is what he's saying to himself !! He just loads uo some 1Q, lights it and laughs at the weather !! Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:08 pm

That's right, slap me around. Blame me. Go ahead, I can take it.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:09 pm

monbla256 wrote:
He just loads uo some 1Q, lights it and laughs at the weather !! Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 

Yup, 72-deg in here and the day off work, I could care less.  Cool 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:35 pm

WOW!! It's 72 INSIDE my house also!! But it's now 25 degrees outside and sleeting !! That's OK as I smoke INSIDE anyway! Nice and cozy in here !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:38 pm

You both can BITE ME!   
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:41 pm

I am still trying to warm up from pushing snow. 12F with a stiff breeze here.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:46 pm

That's it! I'm go'en groundhog hunt'en.
Little peckerwood thinks he's going to ruin my Spring does he.  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:03 pm

Somebody should have taken out that groundrat when he stuck his head out of the hole.
I have a great custom .223 round for you Ron. LOL
Here we are in March and it's supposed to be below zero tomorrow night. What the hay.
Time to load my pipe and de-stress. It's going to be some G&H Best Brown in a Charatan.
 Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:37 pm

Pretty nasty in the Cascade foothills today. Sleet/freezing rain/30F here. Made getting down my long hill quite, er, interesting to say the least. The whole hill was coated in packed down sleet which had frozen.

Several cars had slid off the hill into the ditch and on the freeway a couple more were wrecked on the side with medics in attendance. One car was upside down!

15-20 mph from there on for me, and it was a challenge to get back up my hill even with AWD (and I grew up driving in WI winters). Actually surprised I still have power right now (crossing fingers).

No 

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:19 pm

Eh. Rain. 40s. Not bad really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:21 pm

Well, it's a stinking winter blunder land here now. The ground is cover with about 2 inches of dadburn sleet/ice. I've have to go to the post office tomorrow morning so I hope it melts off by then, yeah right! What really makes it a pain is where I park at home is on a slope and that itty bitty P/U truck don't have enough weight to make it back up the slope when it snows or sleets.
This is going to be fun. 5) 
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
I've have to go to the post office tomorrow morning so I hope it melts off by then, yeah right! What really makes it a pain is where I park at home is on a slope and that itty bitty P/U truck don't have enough weight to make it back up the slope when it snows or sleets.

Is that alll you do, old man, is gripe and complain?

lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LordTemplar

Registration date : 2014-01-16

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:34 am

My turn to gripe and complain Very Happy  We have about a half inch of ice covered by sleet and then 5” to 7” of snow. March is always a nasty month here in the mid South East. I love snow, but I am getting a bit tired of it. Besides I am adversely effected by all seasons!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:01 am

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
I've have to go to the post office tomorrow morning so I hope it melts off by then, yeah right! What really makes it a pain is where I park at home is on a slope and that itty bitty P/U truck don't have enough weight to make it back up the slope when it snows or sleets.  

Is that alll you do, old man, is gripe and complain?

lol! 

YEP! When it's 19 degrees outside and it hinders one of my only enjoyments in life,
yes I gripe. 
Not that I'm going through anything worse then anybody else but, because all of this is unseasonal to most of us in this part of the country.
Back to top Go down
Briarbabe

Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:16 am

Ugh, I'm completely done with this winter. Done! I used to love and adore snow...until this winter. Now I flip off the snow whenever I walk past the great room window.

Cart, my grandmother is well known for keeping a 22 in the kitchen with the window cracked and sending us body count emails every time another groundhog makes his way to the heavens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:25 am

Briarbabe wrote:
Ugh, I'm completely done with this winter. Done! I used to love and adore snow...until this winter. Now I flip off the snow whenever I walk past the great room window.

Cart, my grandmother is well known for keeping a 22 in the kitchen with the window cracked and sending us body count emails every time another groundhog makes his way to the heavens.

That's funny, I use to sit out on the porch with my 410 shotgun and pick off Gophers as they popped there little heads up. Nowadays, they've gotten too smart and it seems they only come up at night.  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
SPUD 15

Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:35 am

docwatson wrote:
Somebody should have taken out that groundrat when he stuck his head out of the hole.
Here we are in March and it's supposed to be below zero tomorrow night. What the hay.
Time to load my pipe and de-stress. It's going to be some G&H Best Brown in a Charatan.
 Very Happy 

I think a 22/250 would be better for that ground hog. MIKE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:32 am

SPUD 15 wrote:
docwatson wrote:
 Very Happy 

I think a 22/250 would be better for that ground hog.   MIKE

I have to agree on that statement Mike but I don't own a 22/250. However a .218 Bee is a good 100 yard varmint round. ;-)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:43 am

7mm Mag, that way I would not only have to bury it but, if shot at the right angle it would dig the hole for me.   
Back to top Go down
Briarbabe

Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:45 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
7mm Mag, that way I would not only have to bury it but, if shot at the right angle it would dig the hole for me.   

Haha! Now that's what I call multitasking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com
d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:41 am

Same here... 75 degrees yesterday, got up and had snow flurries this morning @ 6:30. I live down near Houston. We get precious few days of spring as is, Now we have fewer before summer descends upon us.

As far as varmint guns, I love my trusty 30-30. Scope on it too. Now if I can just get that dadgum racoon that keeps eating all the cat food for the outdoor cats.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://d4klutz.blogspot.com
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:51 am

d4klutz wrote:
Same here... 75 degrees yesterday, got up and had snow flurries this morning @ 6:30.  I live down near Houston.  We get precious few days of spring as is, Now we have fewer before summer descends upon us.  

As far as varmint guns, I love my trusty 30-30.  Scope on it too.  Now if I can just get that dadgum racoon that keeps eating all the cat food for the outdoor cats.....

Not being a cat lover, I think the other way around.  
Back to top Go down

ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next