HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:56 am

Woke up this morning to an almost 60 degree drop in temp! We had our thunder-sleet storms yesterday and now it's just clear and COLD ! Next week we should hit 90 ! LOOOVE Texas weather !!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:09 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Woke up this morning to an almost 60 degree drop in temp! We had our thunder-sleet storms yesterday and now it's just clear and COLD ! Next week we should hit 90 ! LOOOVE Texas weather !!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Yeah, yeah, yeah, like the saying goes, " Don't like the weather....wait 15 minutes."
Well! I'm waiting!  sunny 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:41 pm

79 degrees and sunny.  Fairly tropical here today.  Be wondeful except for the lingering effects of food poisoning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:47 pm

Ain't this WX just grand????!!!! Really nice week in OKC followed by the snow, sleet, and freezing temps (10F) on Saturday and Sunday. High of maybe 25F today; crap won't start melting until tomorrow!!! Dadgum global warming can't get here fast enough!! lol! FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:22 pm

For those who are wondering if I made back up my driveway, well.......almost.
That's not snow, it's frozen sleet and it's starting to melt off now, I just decided it's not worth the effort and left the truck there. It's a lot more of a slope then it looks like and there's just not enough weight in it's rear for traction. I almost didn't make it home because there's a little hill on the highway but, I didn't take my foot of the accelerator and climbed it slowly at about 7mph slipping all the way.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:59 pm

Put some sandbags in the back of that truck, ya cheapskate.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Put some sandbags in the back of that truck, ya cheapskate.    Laughing 
Hey, a true Texas PU driver don't do that !! That would indicate they THINK about how they drive !! DAMN whadda ya think this is, Missouri ? Besides, he's not a real PU driver, his truck's not a full sized bubba truck and it's not a short bed dually !!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:19 pm

After reading some of the posts here, the current 1/2 inch of snow over the 1/4 inch of ice/sleet doesn't sound so bad! Hopefully the roads will be clear by the time I have to drive in tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
APKurt

Registration date : 2014-02-17

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:38 pm

I hate to rub it in but it was 79 degrees and sunny here. Of course the tables will be turned in August when we're battling 115 degree temps here and you all are enjoying the summer. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:10 pm

50s today and a deluge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:20 am

Presented without comment:

" />
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Shorts on and shirtless at home today.  Cool sunny sunny 

I wonder how I managed to live in the cold weather like that. I went to school on Michigan, Chicago, and Boston in my formative years. Wouldn't want to live that way again!

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:34 pm

MisterE wrote:
Shorts on and shirtless at home today.  Cool sunny sunny 

Quit being a jerk, E!  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:57 am

I would just like to add that this thread is adorable. A whole 2 inches of sleet and ice! 30F.

2 weeks ago, with the wind chill, Mid Alberta dropped down to -56 degrees Celsius with our neighbours (Saskatchewan) reaching a mind boggling -67 degrees Celsius!

Ambient temperature was around -42 degrees Celsius which is about -40 F. Although i guess its all what you are used to.

All you southerners (Americans) try and stay warm now.

P.S. if you guys are looking for some Toques or parkas i know a guy who knows a guy. Cool 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:27 pm

Well, we got up to 84 here in the DFW area yesterday and a cold front has blown in overnight and we are now back in the 40s but will be back to the 80s by the weekend! Summer and the century mark in temps is getting real close ! All you folks who don't like the cold come on down and we will show you how good you have it after you've spent one year in our heat !!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!   Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:02 pm

monbla256 wrote:
All you folks who don't like the cold come on down and we will show you how good you have it after you've spent one year in our heat !!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Ain't that the absolute truth! Ill take the cold any day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://d4klutz.blogspot.com

ROB! SHUT THE DADBURN DOOR, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2