HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rad Davis Rhodesian

Go down 
AuthorMessage
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

Rad Davis Rhodesian Empty
PostSubject: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:29 pm

The title is code for "busted". I had saved some cash to take to the NYC Show this Saturday, but it looks like I'll be going with a thin wallet. I was at dinner with my parents this evening and happened to glance down at the email from Rad Davis. You guys know my affinity for chubby Rhodesians and I couldn't resist this one. In the past two years, when he posted this shape, I didn't have the cash or I wasn't quick enough on the draw. I particularly like the way he uses this color of stain(s)and the black, vulcanite stem.

Rad Davis Rhodesian FH02345MainF
Rad Davis Rhodesian FH02345Pic1F
Rad Davis Rhodesian FH02345Pic5F
Rad Davis Rhodesian FH02345Pic3F
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:36 pm

Now that is Phenomenal and Gorgeous!  affraid 
Your a lucky man Riff to be able to get your hands on one of his pipes
They'll always be just a dream to me. Sad 
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Buckshot

Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 10:15 pm

Congratulations! That is a beautiful pipe.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:19 pm

Congrats on your first Rad, Al. That sure looks like a fine piece and one you'll be happy with.

Cool 

Cheers,

RR

Rad Davis Rhodesian Purple11x 2Rad Davis Rhodesian Bombx10  Rad Davis Rhodesian Bombx7Rad Davis Rhodesian D6bddf10 Rad Davis Rhodesian 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:43 am

Beautiful pipe. Enjoy smoking it.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:50 am

Nice Rhody Al, good purchase, hope it serves you well for many years to come.  sunny 
Back to top Go down
Trifecta13

Trifecta13

Registration date : 2013-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:18 am

Yowza! Yep, that ticks all the boxes for me as well. Looking to acquire my first Rad soon too. Beautiful pipe.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Tkach

Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:50 am

What a pipe! I'd call it a fat author, though. Maybe that shape can be called the Chesterton:

Rad Davis Rhodesian Chesterton1

Needless to say, Sav 320, eat your heart out!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
riff raff

riff raff

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 1:12 pm

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/G._K._Chesterton
I had to look up GK Chesterton, he sounds like quite a character. He influenced at least two authors (literary...not the pipe shape!) I enjoy, Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 1:20 pm

riff raff wrote:
The title is code for "busted".  I had saved some cash to take to the NYC Show this Saturday, but it looks like I'll be going with a thin wallet.  I was at dinner with my parents this evening and happened to glance down at the email from Rad Davis.  You guys know my affinity for chubby Rhodesians and I couldn't resist this one.  In the past two years, when he posted this shape, I didn't have the cash or I wasn't quick enough on the draw. I particularly like the way he uses this color of stain(s)and the black, vulcanite stem.  
Rad Davis Rhodesian FH02345Pic3F

I LOVE the blast and finish on that one. So Rad calls the Author shape a Rhodesian, interesting  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
gravel

gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 1:28 pm

Funny. I saw that pipe and thought, "riff would like that."

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Bluefisher

Bluefisher

Registration date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 1:30 pm

LOVE THAT BLAST!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
PlateauGuy

PlateauGuy

Registration date : 2013-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 4:49 pm

Al, that's a great looking pipe! Enjoy it in good health.
Back to top Go down
mejoshee

mejoshee

Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 5:39 pm

monbla256 wrote:

I LOVE the blast and finish on that one. So Rad calls the Author shape a Rhodesian, interesting  Twisted Evil
I was gonna say the same. Nonetheless, a fabulous pipe! Hope you enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
ExcessEnergy

ExcessEnergy

Registration date : 2014-01-25

PostSubject: Tomato, Tomata . . .    Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 10:53 am

. . . yeah, it kinds looks like an Author, but if Rad says its a Rhodesian, who are we to gainsay him? In any case, it's a great-looking pipe and a fine choice. Nice workmanship on the stem, I noticed. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Hawker

Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 11:04 am

That's one pipe that has it all. Wouldn't change a thing Rad nailed it. Congrats Brother cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
riff raff

riff raff

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 11:38 am

I don't purchase many new pipes, so breaking one in is an infrequent task. This one took a while to break in, maybe 15 bowls? I guess the bare wood takes a while for cake to form. I was worried about my purchase decision 10 bowls in, but at 15+ she's doing quite fine.
Back to top Go down
7ach

7ach

Registration date : 2013-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 12:59 pm

Nice looking pipe Al
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 1:14 pm

Beautiful pipe Al! So glad you're happy with it.

Jim
Back to top Go down
pipe dreamer

pipe dreamer

Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: rad pipe   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyFri May 16, 2014 6:17 pm

You are to be admired. One for your pipe, and two, if Rad said it's a rhodesian, It is.
Back to top Go down
http://guildpipesfl.com
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyFri May 16, 2014 7:07 pm

Yes Sir, that's a fine looking piece. It must feel terrific in your hand...
Back to top Go down
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Rad Davis Rhodesian   Rad Davis Rhodesian EmptyTue May 27, 2014 2:18 pm

I was thinking author too but I'm not exactly sure what makes a Rhodesian anyways, so there, don't make too much fun of me. That said, looks grand, enjoy.
Back to top Go down

Rad Davis Rhodesian
Page 1 of 1