HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

McClelland Beacon vs McClelland 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
flyguy

Registration date : 2013-11-23

PostSubject: McClelland Beacon vs McClelland 2015   Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:33 pm

A question was raised by a member of the forum as to whether 2015 and Beacon are one in the same.

I was curious as Beacon is one of my favorites and I had not tried 2015. I am always looking to find more economical bulk tobaccos for everyday smoking and cellaring so I bought a sample.

My first impression was that 2015 was sliced slightly thicker than Beacon and is blended with a tad more perique (spicier). Beacon has more of what I call a "barbeque beef brisket" flavor that I enjoy.

2015 is very good and I ordered a pound for cellaring. Maybe with a couple of years of aging, the gap will close between Beacon and 2015. Time will tell. I recommend both tobaccos to all of you McClelland Virginia/Perique lovers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: McClelland Beacon vs McClelland 2015   Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Not familiar with Beacon but 2015 is one of go-to smokes and most favorite VaPer. Guess I'll have to get a tin of Beacon and see what the similarities are for myself.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: McClelland Beacon vs McClelland 2015   Wed May 10, 2017 7:45 am

Brewdude wrote:
Not familiar with Beacon but 2015 is one of go-to smokes and most favorite VaPer. Guess I'll have to get a tin of Beacon and see what the similarities are for myself.

Cheers,

RR

Being the 2015 expert that you are, BD, did you ever get that tin of Beacon and make a comparison? I'm wondering how Beacon Extra compares to 2015... maybe a little more in line with your 2015 with added perique (is it 15% you add?). I have been smoking a tin of B. Extra from 2010 and it's superb!

I know, old thread, just curious...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: McClelland Beacon vs McClelland 2015   Wed May 10, 2017 3:24 pm

Old Nate wrote:
Brewdude wrote:

Cheers,

RR

Being the 2015 expert that you are, BD, did you ever get that tin of Beacon and make a comparison? I'm wondering how Beacon Extra compares to 2015... maybe a little more in line with your 2015 with added perique (is it 15% you add?). I have been smoking a tin of B. Extra from 2010 and it's superb!

I know, old thread, just curious...

Nate, yes I did get in a tin of Beacon a while ago and promptly forgot about it. Think I also got in a tin of Extra as well. I'll need to ferret these out as I have no idea where they are and my organizational skills leave much to be desired!

And I'm far from being any kind of expert!

silent

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: McClelland Beacon vs McClelland 2015   Wed May 10, 2017 10:55 pm

Doesn't it feel good to be called one though, lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

McClelland Beacon vs McClelland 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1