HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Two Friends English Chocolate

Go down 
AuthorMessage
joshoowah

joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

Two Friends English Chocolate Empty
PostSubject: Two Friends English Chocolate   Two Friends English Chocolate EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 10:31 am

Surprisingly, there is no thread for this tobacco here, which struck me as odd since it is one of the better blends from the brand.

English Chocolate is obviously an aromatic but a light one. In fact, I consider it more of an English than an aromatic. The tin note is of Latakia with a hint of cocoa. The main player in the blend is the Virginias so don't expect a booming amount of Latakia, but there is a perfect amount of Latakia for the blend in my opinion (it acts more like a condiment than anything). Room note is a bit harder to pick up, but my wife tells me it is a pleasant chocolaty smokey aroma. The presentation of the blend is medium to dark broken flake, though at times it appears more cube cut, which is one of the only downsides to this blend for me because you may get a piece of tobacco in the back of your throat while sipping.

It is a light, cool smoke that is enjoyable all day, every day. I imagine it would age quite well with there being quite a bit of Virginia in it. It truly is, in my opinion, the best two friends mixture. To be honest, I would not have even tried it or thought about it if I was not given a tin two years ago. I'm glad I did though because I ended up bringing a tin, out of the limited 7 I could bring, to Kenya with me.

I highly recommend the blend to anyone who likes Englishs looking for a mild change of pace, or for anyone looking to move from aromatics to more full blends. There is not much complexity here but it sure is enjoyable to the bottom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Two Friends English Chocolate   Two Friends English Chocolate EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:29 pm

This is good to hear. I've been curious about it for some time. Thanks for the review.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Milkmanv1

Milkmanv1

Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Two Friends English Chocolate   Two Friends English Chocolate EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 9:57 pm

Sounds like pretty good stuff! The two friends line has peaked my interest. This'll go on the "to try" list right next to Valle Crucis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokey-smokey

Smokey-smokey

Registration date : 2014-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Two Friends English Chocolate   Two Friends English Chocolate EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 am

Right on the money with your comments, an interesting blend for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Two Friends English Chocolate
Page 1 of 1