HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:59 am

Mozjo33 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
Mozjo33 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
Where are all you guys when I sell on eBay?
Gees! I get the worst buyers sometimes. 5)

I was going to bid on the spigot but I was out to dinner and I forgot.  lol! 

Spigot?

The Mauro Armellini Converti Regal

Yeah, I seen that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:17 pm

I pay as soon as the auction ends if I'm at the computer, or as soon as I can get to a computer otherwise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:08 pm

fsu92john wrote:
I pay as soon as the auction ends if I'm at the computer, or as soon as I can get to a computer otherwise.

Likewise.

I always pay straight away and if I am selling I ship as soon as payment is received. Anything I sell is already boxed up and ready to go. I also don't rely on any of eBay's automated methods of updating buyer's of tracking numbers. I send that separately to the buyer in the form of a personal message.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:21 pm

Not instantly most of the time but with in 24hrs . I normally bid on my phone then pay on computer. So occasionally it can be the next day if it is late at night or what not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:35 pm

I rarely dabble on Ebay. But the times when I have I've paid as the auction ends. Treat others as you'd like to be treated, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:36 pm

There seems to be a great amount of you that know how one should conduct himself to say the least, reckon hope is not lost yet.

Although I just noticed that there has been about 385 views of this thread yet only about 45 replies/posts Hmm!  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
APKurt

Registration date : 2014-02-17

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:12 pm

I always pay instantly if I'm watching or as soon as I get notification from Ebay. I have sold a few things and have never had a problem with buyers paying in a timely fashion. Overall I find that most people are generally honest and try to do the right thing. I have only really had one negative experience on Ebay and it was with a seller who just didn't have his act together and took about 10 days to ship the item. I got the item eventually so I don't think he was dishonest. I think he was probably just a disorganized ne'er-do-well type. I know a couple people like that who just don't have their s**t together and would "forget" to ship an item they sold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:58 pm

APKurt wrote:
I always pay instantly if I'm watching or as soon as I get notification from Ebay.  I have sold a few things and have never had a problem with buyers paying in a timely fashion.  Overall I find that most people are generally honest and try to do the right thing.  I have only really had one negative experience on Ebay and it was with a seller who just didn't have his act together and took about 10 days to ship the item.  I got the item eventually so I don't think he was dishonest.  I think he was probably just a disorganized ne'er-do-well type.  I know a couple people like that who just don't have their s**t together and would "forget" to ship an item they sold.

You have been very lucky in my eyes sir, out of all the dealings I've had on eBay selling, I'd have to say about 50% take there sweet bippy about paying.
With all the feedback's left for buyer's I see stating how quick there payments were there has got to be a good percentage of slow non-caring buyers paying late, otherwise there would be no such thing as quick payer. I'm not saying your wrong just saying you haven't experienced it yet.
And yes, I research alot of feedback profiles on eBay, from sellers to buyers because it's always good to know who your dealing with. Wink 
Back to top Go down
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:06 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
I wonder why we're not getting the other side of the coin in this discussion?  

"I seldom pay on time for anything, when I do, it's an accident."

"I often bid on items while having no intent to pay. I love to bid, even on things I don't want."

"Negative feedback doesn't scare me. People who think 'almost always' is acceptable scare me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:53 am

gravel wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
I wonder why we're not getting the other side of the coin in this discussion?  

"I seldom pay on time for anything, when I do, it's an accident."

"I often bid on items while having no intent to pay. I love to bid, even on things I don't want."

"Negative feedback doesn't scare me. People who think 'almost always' is acceptable scare me."

Remind me to "Block" you as a bidder on my auctions.
Talk about scary, bidding when not intending to purchase and then just having the attitude
that it doesn't matter is scary. You have a lot to learn. 5)

And Gravel I will assume this is a joke (April Fools) because I don't think anyone would admit to being so thoughtless. Hench the statement I made referring to "I wonder why we're not getting the other side of the coin in this discussion?" That was also being factious.  

Last edited by Cartaphilus on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:16 am

I pay promptly if I'm at the computer. The exceptions can come when I bid early and may be away from email at the time the auction ends, or on one occasion I was waiting for an eBay bucks certificate to come in so I could pay with that. In the latter situation, I promptly emailed the seller to let him know (I might have asked permission for a tardy payment before I even bid).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:10 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
Hench the statement I made referring to "I wonder why we're not getting the other side of the coin in this discussion?" That was also being factious.  

I'm sure the other side will chime in. They'll just post a week late, with odd requests for you to change the wording of your original question, then they'll quickly delete their posts and disappear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:34 pm

I pay immediately!!!!!! FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:25 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
Hench the statement I made referring to "I wonder why we're not getting the other side of the coin in this discussion?" That was also being factious.  

I'm sure the other side will chime in. They'll just post a week late, with odd requests for you to change the wording of your original question, then they'll quickly delete their posts and disappear.

I'm sure your right George.
Back to top Go down
Boulder

Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: eBay   Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:04 pm

I always pay at end of auction, I'm watching the bidding anyway.
There has been a few times when the auction terms note only ship on certain days or at weeks end and held up making payment if I had bids on another auction from the same or another seller in the next 24Hrs.
John   study 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:40 pm

Boulder wrote:

I always pay at end of auction, I'm watching the bidding anyway.
There has been a few times when the auction terms note only ship on certain days or at weeks end and held up making payment if I had bids on another auction from the same or another seller in the next 24Hrs.
John   study 

Good to see you back sir Wink 
Back to top Go down
flyguy

Registration date : 2013-11-23

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:32 pm

I want my loot as soon as possible so I pay immediately. Cool 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:38 pm

flyguy wrote:
I want my loot as soon as possible so I pay immediately. Cool 

EXACTLY!
Back to top Go down
7ach

Registration date : 2013-10-15

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:00 pm

immediately unless I'm asleep then the next day when I wake up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:06 pm

7ach wrote:
immediately unless I'm asleep then the next day when I wake up

Hate it when an auction closes late late but, love the feeling in morning seeing I won, specially if it's way under my limit.
Back to top Go down
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Ya those middle of the night auctions never get paid right away by me. I'll get em before noon the next day , but I know at 11pm they wont be rushing to ship as soon as I pay lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com

HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3