HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Hearth & Home Marquee Series

Go down 
AuthorMessage
joshoowah

joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

Hearth & Home Marquee Series Empty
PostSubject: Hearth & Home Marquee Series   Hearth & Home Marquee Series EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 11:28 am

For some reason, I have never sought any H&H stuff.  The BOGO sale on P&C for H&H's Marquee series got me thinking about them.  To be honest, every blend, besides Darbyshire and El Nino (both which lack reviews) have excellent reviews. Magnum O is nearly 4.0 on TR with quite a lot of reviews.

I do not see much on the forum about them, so what's the deal? I know Russ is a competent blender, I am just thinking for your opinions on the matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas Tkach

Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Marquee Series   Hearth & Home Marquee Series EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 11:35 am

Anni Kake is a good one, and Larry's blend gets excellent reviews. I bounce around between fora, and those are always touted for a good VAPer and English.

Edit: Nevermind, neither of those are in the Marquee series. I can't see where they're BOGO, either. Was that in an email?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
joshoowah

joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Marquee Series   Hearth & Home Marquee Series EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 11:47 am

Thomas Tkach wrote:
Anni Kake is a good one, and Larry's blend gets excellent reviews. I bounce around between fora, and those are always touted for a good VAPer and English.

Edit: Nevermind, neither of those are in the Marquee series. I can't see where they're BOGO, either. Was that in an email?

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/specials/build-a-sampler/hhmbogodeal/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Marquee Series   Hearth & Home Marquee Series EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Joshoowah,

I remember listening to a Pipe Magazine Podcast recently where Brian Levine was interviewing Russ. Russ mentioned that the biggest difference between the Marquee Series mixtures and the blends in the less expensive Signature & Heritage Series, is that Russ has control over all the individual ingredients that go into each blend. Where blends in the Signature line up like Larry's Blend, A.J. Vaper, etc., are made using tobaccos that have been pre-blended and are still high quality but less expensive for Russ to source.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas Tkach

Thomas Tkach

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Marquee Series   Hearth & Home Marquee Series EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 4:56 pm

That's interesting. Those are some blends with really high ratings on TR.
Back to top Go down
DoverPipes

DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Marquee Series   Hearth & Home Marquee Series EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 8:32 pm

Black House, Magnum Opus, Sweet & Savory are all well represented in my cellar. I was lucky to try all of them before they were released. Russ gave me very generous samples to test and give feedback on. If you get the chance, you need to try his latest "White Knight" (Being released in May at Chicago, but Russ passed out some samples to the "Lucky few" for feedback), it's a WINNER!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas Tkach

Thomas Tkach

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Marquee Series   Hearth & Home Marquee Series EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 7:04 am

DoverPipes wrote:
Black House, Magnum Opus, Sweet & Savory are all well represented in my cellar. I was lucky to try all of them before they were released. Russ gave me very generous samples to test and give feedback on. If you get the chance, you need to try his latest "White Knight" (Being released in May at Chicago, but Russ passed out some samples to the "Lucky few" for feedback), it's a WINNER!!!!!

I need to try a bit of that. I got some in my IPSD sampler.
Back to top Go down
DoverPipes

DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Marquee Series   Hearth & Home Marquee Series EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 6:18 pm

Thomas Tkach wrote:
DoverPipes wrote:

I need to try a bit of that. I got some in my IPSD sampler.

DO IT NOW!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hearth & Home Marquee Series
Page 1 of 1