HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Watches

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Watches   Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:37 am

That's a nice early Oysterdate ya got there!! Twisted Evil The finest Rolex I have is a 1956 Day/Date on a Factory Alligator strap. :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Watches   Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:47 pm

I do not often wear a watch anymore. Being retired, it's just not required. But I do have a Fossil Titanium. The titanium does not break me out.

But if I ever had the extra cash, and felt like I needed to indulge. I would get one of these. With assurances that it would not break me out.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bonanzadriver

Registration date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Watches   Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:47 am

monbla256 wrote:
That's a nice early Oysterdate ya got there!! Twisted Evil  The finest Rolex I have is a 1956 Day/Date on a Factory Alligator strap. :

Absolutely gorgeous timepiece there monblo. I much prefer the simple unadorned elegance of these vs the the ones encrusted in diamonds or that are the size of pocket watches.

Less is more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bonanzadriver

Registration date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Watches   Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:50 am

[quote="Carlos"]I do not often wear a watch anymore.  Being retired, it's just not required.  But I do have a Fossil Titanium.  The titanium does not break me out.  

But if I ever had the extra cash, and felt like I needed to indulge.  I would get one of these.  With assurances that it would not break me out.

[/quote

It's funny Carlos. Out of 6 guys in my office, I'm the only one that wears a watch. Heck I'm not even the oldest guy there (admittedly by a couple of weeks) but everyone else is dependent on their smart phones.

I on the other hand love a clean, elegant time piece. I have a great appreciation and respect for the craftsmanship and engineering that went into the design and construction of something that can keep reasonably accurate time, all without the aid of a chip or a quartz crystal.

As to the watches in the video.... Hubba, hubba. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Watches   Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:28 am

What's with watches being so large nowadays? For both sexes. Or three. Whatever. Just my opinion, if that needs to be said, but they look goofy. Even Rolex has jumped up the size of its Explorer from 36 to 39mm. And that's small by today's standards. Give me a mere Cartier tank watch, I say, and I'll be happy. (PM me if interested.)

What's that? You're a deep sea diver? Or blind? Well, OK. (Just joking. Hey, I sympathize. I once had a Sea-Dweller during my lunatic years. No idea why.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Watches   Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:08 am

Been wearing this for a few months now, Seiko Turtle on Super Jubilee bracelet.

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Watches   Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:32 am

I bought a Seiko SKX009 Pepsi, but had a lot of trouble with it.  I finally sent it back to the ebay seller, who put in a new movement.

In the meantime, I found this Borealis Seafarer at new Watchuseek forums, new from a big forum seller in NJ.  It has a good Miyota hacking movement in it (nee Citizen) and it will hopefully be the last watch I buy.  It came with this bracelet, but I use a rubber deployment strap in the summer.  She's good to 13,142 feet (4000 meters) which is exactly 13,130 feet more than I ever hope to go on purpose...

I didn't need two divers, so the son-in-law was gifted the Seiko.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Watches   Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:30 pm

Puff Daddy, that's one fine 6309 Seiko Divers especially on the Jubilee bracelet!!

Mines on an Oyster style bracelet but my watches I used to dive with were on nylon Zulu style straps like this 7002-7009 which was my last diving watch I was using when I stopped diving back in 1990 :

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Watches
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Haberdashery-
Jump to: