HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:17 pm

It is with great sadness that I and the "Hudson Valley Pipe Club", announce the passing of our friend and club sage, Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman.

For those of you who didn't know of Dick, he was the winner of the  2012 "Tobacco Throwdown" at the Chicago Pipe Show, with his sublime creation, "Princes Street Mixture".

Dick was well known within our hobby and ran a B&M Tobacco Shop for many years before going to an online only operation. Dick was always more than generous with those he knew and even those he just met. He was a "TRUE GENTLEMAN"!!!

Gentlemen, please raise a bowl this evening in honor of my friend, Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman!!!!

May he rest in peace.......

ALL HAIL THE CHIEF!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:40 pm

I'm deeply saddened to hear about this loss to our community! May he and his family find peace.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimmy1973

Registration date : 2011-09-25

PostSubject: Re: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:51 pm

Rest in peace,Mr.Silverman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:06 pm

It is said that a man is forgotten when his last friend has died...may he rest in peace and be remembered for a long, long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:16 pm

To you Dick, you will not easily be forgotten, may you rest in peace.  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:21 pm

I just saw your Facebook post, that is sad news. He was a real gentleman. There was a thread on the SmokersForums on Dick's health, I copied your statement there and on the PipesMagazine forum, everyone will be sad for Dick and his family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:16 pm

My condolences to the family. May he rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Danish Guy

Registration date : 2014-04-09

PostSubject: Re: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:34 pm

He was a fine gentleman!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:38 pm

RIP brother.

Sad 

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:42 pm

RIP, I will have some tobacco and lift a glass tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:52 pm

Sad news. My condolences to his family.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:06 am

We usually meet up at the Firehouse Tobacco shop in Fall River, MA a couple/three times a year with The Chief holding center stage. Dick will surely be missed, a gentle man with a wealth of knowledge in the tobacco industry.
Peace Brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZuluCollector

Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:23 am

Dick was a great guy. He was just immensely likeable. He will be missed in our community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.apassionforpipes.com
Trifecta13

Registration date : 2013-02-25

PostSubject: Re: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:23 pm

Just got to meet Dick almost exactly one year ago at the Chicago Show. Wonderfully kind and generous gentleman. He will be missed. Broken pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:12 pm

I'd never met the man or know much about him but judging by the brothers' comments, he was a damn fine bloke. Very sad. RIP Chief, my next bowl will be dedicated to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:21 pm

I've not had the pleasure to meet Dick, but I heard nothing but good things about him and his blends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman   Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:44 pm

I was gifted a sample of his excellent Princes Street Mixture. Superb smoke. My condolences to his family and friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1