HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Mon May 05, 2014 7:58 am

Congrats brother, that's great that you can pursue your dream like this. My favorite makers are on this board and it's been great watching y'all progress. Hope to start collecting brothers pipes one day. Keep cranking out those beautiful pieces. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
PozzSka

Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Mon May 05, 2014 9:29 am

Congratulations, brother!

I still need a pipe from you (per our last conversation)...hit me up...

Take care brother and GOOD LUCK!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Mon May 05, 2014 9:58 am

Outstanding news. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Hoping to be one of your lucky customers, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarlockBob

Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Mon May 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Good luck, Brian!!! I love your work, and I can't wait to see what you'll be churning out!!  cheers cheers 

Will you be at KC? If so, I can't wait to see what you'll be bringing with you. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

That is great news Brian! I'll be praying for this endeavor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
jogilli

Registration date : 2010-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Mon May 05, 2014 4:09 pm

good luck Brian.. you don't need too much.. you make a great pipe..here's wishing you all the best in your future endeavors

james
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jsecpipes.com
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Mon May 05, 2014 9:37 pm

jogilli wrote:
good luck Brian.. you don't need too much.. you make a great pipe..here's wishing you all the best in your future endeavors

james

Thanks guys! Today was a very good day, very reassuring that I'd much rather be doing this than anything else! I worked my tail off and loved every minute of it. I finished up a brand new pipe too that I'll be posting soon.

Thanks again for the kind words and support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
PeterD

Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Mon May 05, 2014 9:38 pm

Growley wrote:
PeterD wrote:
...Brian, the very best to you!!! and also to your family as you transition into this full-time endeavor....When you decide to make a Canadian...let me know!

Peter,

I'll definitely be making some Canadians. In fact, I've chosen the Lumberman shape (Canadian with a saddle stem) to be the shape I submit for the Kansas City Show contest.

Sounds like a winner already...perhaps you'll give us a look at it before you head to KC...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Growley

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Mon May 05, 2014 9:50 pm

WarlockBob wrote:
Good luck, Brian!!! I love your work, and I can't wait to see what you'll be churning out!!  cheers cheers 

Will you be at KC? If so, I can't wait to see what you'll be bringing with you. Smile

I sure hope so. I need to see if I can get a nice selection put together first. It would be great to hang out with you guys there too!
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Mon May 05, 2014 10:19 pm

Totally missed this thread, but I did just get an email announcing the news. Congrats on your new endeavour Brian. I wish you all the success you deserve and more.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EricTKT

Registration date : 2014-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Tue May 06, 2014 12:21 am

Huzzah!! Best of luck to you Brian! I look forward to eventually commissioning you to make my cheskodisian (churchwarden/eskimo/rhodesian) that we discussed at the 2013 GKC pipe show!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlG

Registration date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Tue May 06, 2014 7:14 am

Wow! All the best of luck! Just keep going
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.goussardpipes.com/
Dottie Warden

Registration date : 2014-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Thu May 08, 2014 5:43 pm

Congratulations on your bold pursuit! I'm sure you'll do well based on the generous encouragement you're receiving here on this thread. Best of luck to you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Thu May 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Hey Brian, you have the talent Buddy and you definitely have the heart, I know you'll get where you want to be.  sunny 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Growley

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Thu May 08, 2014 10:27 pm

Thanks again guys! So far, so good  cheers 
Back to top Go down
nismo270r

Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Thu May 08, 2014 11:17 pm

Good luck and Godspeed sir!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mejoshee

Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Tue May 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Late to the party as usual, but I'd say it's high time! We know of course of your deliberation these past few months--difficult though it may be for us to be unbiased about giving you life advice about pipemaking.  Wink Nevertheless, I'm very happy to read you were able to make such a huge decision! And I hope your family is able to handle you being home all the time Razz

I myself would love to continue to support your endeavor here on the board (and with my wallet). I'll be saving up for the next one! Twisted Evil bounce

Any new shapes you plan on trying out? Have you given any consideration to blowfish? What a Face 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Growley

PostSubject: Re: Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.   Wed May 14, 2014 4:13 pm

mejoshee wrote:
Late to the party as usual, but I'd say it's high time! We know of course of your deliberation these past few months--difficult though it may be for us to be unbiased about giving you life advice about pipemaking.  Wink Nevertheless, I'm very happy to read you were able to make such a huge decision! And I hope your family is able to handle you being home all the time Razz

I myself would love to continue to support your endeavor here on the board (and with my wallet). I'll be saving up for the next one! Twisted Evil bounce

Any new shapes you plan on trying out? Have you given any consideration to blowfish? What a Face 

Yes, I will definitely give it a whirl. I think you almost have to at some point in your career if you're a pipe maker. What I don't want to produce is the inevitable lollipop looking excuse for a blowfish.  Very Happy  I want to do it right and to do that, I really need to understand what they're supposed to be. I'll admit that I don't have the right grasp on this shape yet. ...But I will be doing one at some point!
Back to top Go down

Growley Pipes, chasing that pipe dream.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2